C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

battery tender

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 10:18 PM
rjc53
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery tender

hello forum readers i was wondering if anybody out there uses the lighter adapter to hook up there battery tender and if so how does it work. is it put in the lighter ot the extra outlet ty if anyone can help

and if it works where can i get one lol nice guy that i am i had one and gave it away lololo

Old 10-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Mike Green9
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 110 Posts

Yes, battery tenders like the CTEK 3300 have an optional cigarette lighter adapter. You plug them into the console cigarette lighter, and then run the wire out to the CTEK through a slightly open window.

I personnaly use the alligator clips and hook them, up to the battery. Either way is fine.

M...
Old 10-22-2010, 11:09 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

can't say about the brand, battery tender, but I bought a schumacher (at autozone) and my friend converted it to plug in. both plugs in the car, dash and auxiliary, are "hot" all the time. so, you can use it for your battery "maintainer" regardless of brand.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:36 AM
CO Lightfoot
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

With my CTEK 3300, I use the CTEK 56-263 "Comfort Connect Cig Socket" power point adapter. Works great. $9 at amazon.

Of course you can use the cig lighter power point. But I use the power point under the armrest b/c that's where I keep the adapter.

Just make sure it's securely plugged-in... or it won't work. The lights on the CTEK tell you when it's working.

I'd hesitate to run the wire thru an open window. It might scratch your door if you mistakenly drive away with it still connected. And creatures can crawl in.

Instead, I run the wire thru a notch in the door.

Get notified of new replies

To battery tender

Quick Reply: battery tender