C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mufflers are for sissies (24hrs with BB Bullets)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 10:55 AM
J3TVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 405 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by gjjcvette
Great review. I am thinking of also going bullets or SLP Loudmouths. I am only concerned about the drone at around 1600 - 1800 RPM driving around town with constant shifts (1st to 2nd, second to 3rd, ...). I am affraid that the in-cabin drone at those RPMs will "over-ride" the great sound on the outside, meaning that I will not be able to hear the sweet outside sound since the drone will "cover" it.... Your experience, since this is an old thread, will be greatly appreciated!
I had SLP Loudmouth II's on my previous Vette and have BB Bullets on the current Vette. There is no comparasin, the BB Bullets sound a lot better and deeper. I know LM1 is louder than LM2 (I had LM1 on my Mustang GT and loved them) but just something to think about. I would not go for LMII at all.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:06 AM
MLRS
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Headers set up.

Originally Posted by KevinZ51C6
I actually live in Washington also, in north Tacoma. Let me know if you're in my area, as I'd be happy to show you
Kevin I'm with you, your set up of headers it's what I was looking for as soons you said 3 Harley together you got my attention. Could you tell me the whole set up from front to rear. I really will appreciate it.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:22 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Youll be changing it out for something quieter
Now put a cam it in so the idle goes along with the volume

Quick Reply: Mufflers are for sissies (24hrs with BB Bullets)