C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Police in Raleigh using C6 Z06!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 04:15 PM
cmb13
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Police in Raleigh using C6 Z06!

Sorry if it's a dupe!

Details here.

:peace

Last edited by cmb13; 07-22-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Kent1999
Le Mans Master

Received 1,651 Likes on 825 Posts

Guess there's no budget crisis in Raleigh.

Don't even get me started about the moral problems of allowing Police depts to use confiscated goods to their own benefit.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Trpblk04
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet, go get umh po po.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:44 PM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

Received 308 Likes on 198 Posts
FL Events Coordinator

I hope it is a publicity stunt. If not and they plan on using that Z06 for enforcement....I will give you odds it ends up around a tree before to long. Or, worse still, kill some innocent driver chasing after some person going 12 miles per hour over the posted speed limit.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:58 PM
ToRedVettes
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, even made the local news in Charlotte. Guess the Charlotte Police Dept will have one soon.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:00 PM
metal
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

To bad guys....don't run for it!

Old 07-22-2009, 05:05 PM
vettephyxer
Instructor

Is it me or do alot of the members of this forum think they are the only ones who can drive a car? L.E.O.'s drive for a living, and they are on the road for most of their day, odds are they will be involved in a crash at some time in their career. High risk driving is not taken lightly and all the training in the world can't prepare them for all situations. Hopefully a L.E.O. wont waste his life or someone elses chasing someone with a fast car, a radar/laser detector and the attitude that they have the 'God given right' to speed and place everyone elses life in danger. I said my peace, now go ahead and do what I know you are going to do.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:46 PM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

FL Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by vettephyxer
Is it me or do alot of the members of this forum think they are the only ones who can drive a car? L.E.O.'s drive for a living, and they are on the road for most of their day, odds are they will be involved in a crash at some time in their career. High risk driving is not taken lightly and all the training in the world can't prepare them for all situations. Hopefully a L.E.O. wont waste his life or someone elses chasing someone with a fast car, a radar/laser detector and the attitude that they have the 'God given right' to speed and place everyone elses life in danger. I said my peace, now go ahead and do what I know you are going to do.
I agree with some of what you are saying....ESPECIALLY about their "God given right". However, no amount of training is going to help them chasing some fool on Interstate 40 in rush hour during a rain shower weaving in and out just to get that "speeder". And, because they spend alot of time, driving to and from a donut store, doesn't make them experts in driving a HIGH PERFORMANCE Sports car.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:34 PM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by obxchartercaptain
I agree with some of what you are saying....ESPECIALLY about their "God given right". However, no amount of training is going to help them chasing some fool on Interstate 40 in rush hour during a rain shower weaving in and out just to get that "speeder". And, because they spend alot of time, driving to and from a donut store, doesn't make them experts in driving a HIGH PERFORMANCE Sports car.
Not all police go to donut shops. I don't eat donuts. Police get lots of training driving to be able to drive fast and safely. It is the idiots that are being chased that are the real problem because they try and run for it instead of stopping. They are the ones endangering others.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:42 PM
AirBusPilot
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by vettephyxer
I have to ask, why do they need a Z06 chase car? Is everyone out there driving Ferrari's? Sounds like another ignorant, too powerful, civil servant thinking he's king:

Originally Posted by Sheriff DBag
"You're not going to force me to talk about anything, you understand?" the sheriff said by telephone late Tuesday, his voice raised. "I've got a schedule to run. I don't sell papers."
Old 07-22-2009, 07:56 PM
jpuli28
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by danl72
Not all police go to donut shops. I don't eat donuts. Police get lots of training driving to be able to drive fast and safely. It is the idiots that are being chased that are the real problem because they try and run for it instead of stopping. They are the ones endangering others.

And for all of you who are NOT Police Officers please dont preach of what you only see on tv or because you or a friend got caught doing something they shouldnt have. I have found most people who rag on cops for buzzing by have NO IDEA what or who they are enroute to (maybe someone YOU care about) they are just jealous they cant.
Officers have protocols to follow and lights and sirens are NOT always required when going to certain calls.

Last edited by jpuli28; 07-22-2009 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:03 PM
EvanD
Drifting

Received 245 Likes on 155 Posts

I have to ask a question that semi pertains. isn't it the police departments job to do traffic stops? Isn't it the Sheriffs department duties to do things like serve papers, manage the jail, etc.? I think Sheriffs may have traffic patrol in unincorporated areas but wouldn't in the city of Cary, correct? Certainly their main duties do not include stopping speeders??
Old 07-22-2009, 08:16 PM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

FL Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by danl72
I am sorry....you are correct. Not all police go to donut shops. They bring the donuts with them....
Old 07-22-2009, 08:24 PM
C6NRED
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kent1999
Guess there's no budget crisis in Raleigh.

Don't even get me started about the moral problems of allowing Police depts to use confiscated goods to their own benefit.
OK....how about the drug dealers buying a ZO6 soley on the profits generated by selling drugs to your son or daughter??? They deserve to have their ill-gotten gains taken from them and it only seems right to use it for this purpose -- at least for a while....I agree that the car could be sold and used for other, better needs, but it just seems like justice to me to use it this way for a while.....maybe if you waved, you would not get a ticket!!!
Old 07-22-2009, 08:26 PM
EvanD
Drifting

Received 245 Likes on 155 Posts

Actually there is a budget crisis in Raleigh, the Governor a month ago raided the education fund that the lottery money goes into.... Now she's talking some major extra taxes.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:34 PM
ronohio
Intermediate

Come on guys, let's be nice. Which is a speeder more likely to run from, a cop in a Cobalt or one in a Z06? The whole idea is to have a car nobody will try to elude. That's safer for everybody.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:40 PM
AirBusPilot
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by ronohio
Come on guys, let's be nice. Which is a speeder more likely to run from, a cop in a Cobalt or one in a Z06? The whole idea is to have a car nobody will try to elude. That's safer for everybody.
Sure. And why not buy some used F15's and use them for traffic enforcement? Try running from one of those. Sure, they might be expensive, but DAMMIT, THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Police in Raleigh using C6 Z06!

Old 07-22-2009, 09:18 PM
johnnyquest
Instructor

It has been my experience that cops are really crappy drivers (used to be an instructor). You can't teach a cop... because he already knows everything.

It would be best for them to be out of the ZO6....this way they can go back to there dopey catch phrase "You can't out run the radio"
Old 07-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Rule292
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by AirBusPilot
Sure. And why not buy some used F15's and use them for traffic enforcement? Try running from one of those. Sure, they might be expensive, but DAMMIT, THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Sure as chit, if I saw an Apache fully armed following me down the interstate with lights and sirens and I was feeling the propwash I'd surely do 55...
Old 07-22-2009, 09:38 PM
cmb13
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick Reply: Police in Raleigh using C6 Z06!