C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cdc spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 11:15 PM
NARIMAN
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cdc spoilers

can you post pictures with cdc spoilers?
i am thinking to get a black one on white c6
Old 08-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Keith N
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not sure how nice that will look, because the spoiler wraps around the sides. Here's a few pics of my CDC rear spoiler -

Old 08-20-2009, 11:41 PM
1bdasvt
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'09

Very nice *** Keith!!!

I have the same spoiler and they look awesome!!
Old 08-20-2009, 11:48 PM
NARIMAN
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice
Thanks
Old 11-08-2009, 08:29 PM
chaver450
Instructor

hey guys,

i know this is an old post but i'm installing my cdc spoiler now... it's not lining up perfect... taking a little force and will definately need the double sided tape to keep it in the right place.

one, is this normal? did you guys have any issues installing yours?

two, did you guys get the "promoter" with your kits? i did not receive it so i'm not sure if i need to use it or not. does the promoter go on the wing and the car? thanks.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:05 PM
rmwiles
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I put mine on a couple of months ago. It did not come with promoter.
You need to clean the car where the tape will adhere really good.

I also had a little problem trying to get the spoiler on with the brake light installed in the spoiler. Because the brake light is at a slightly different angle, I had to trim a little bit around top of the hole that the back of the brake light goes into on the car. You will also have to plug the brake light in before you push it in the hole.
Put the tape on the spoiler exactly as the instructions state leaving the tabs, very important. You should be able, with a helper, to get it setting exactly where you want it and pull one piece of tape at a time. It should look like it came from the factory when you get done.
RPI Designs did the painting on mine, you can not tell that it is not factory paint on the spoiler.

Rick,
Old 11-08-2009, 10:55 PM
chaver450
Instructor

i also had mine painted at RPI. i love the look of the spoiler... just not happy with the fit so far. i will try a little more maneuvering later, i'm a bit frustrated at this point. yours looks awesome!
Old 11-09-2009, 02:04 AM
Keith N
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rmwiles
I put mine on a couple of months ago. It did not come with promoter.
You need to clean the car where the tape will adhere really good.

I also had a little problem trying to get the spoiler on with the brake light installed in the spoiler. Because the brake light is at a slightly different angle, I had to trim a little bit around top of the hole that the back of the brake light goes into on the car. You will also have to plug the brake light in before you push it in the hole.
Put the tape on the spoiler exactly as the instructions state leaving the tabs, very important. You should be able, with a helper, to get it setting exactly where you want it and pull one piece of tape at a time. It should look like it came from the factory when you get done.
RPI Designs did the painting on mine, you can not tell that it is not factory paint on the spoiler.

Rick,
That looks great! Very nice color match. I love my rear spoiler.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:55 PM
marc8090
Burning Brakes

The spoiler did come "warped". I put one on my mom's car. After installing the light and tape I bolted the spoiler in place. The ends were a good inch or so to far back from the rear corners of the car. I had to flex the spoiler forward, which was easy to do and while holding it in position remove the backing from the tape. Worked great and fits awesome. I would not get one in black. Because of the urethane design the top is a little wavy and I think it would look pretty bad in black.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:40 PM
St.Char
Melting Slicks

Received 282 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith N
I'm not sure how nice that will look, because the spoiler wraps around the sides. Here's a few pics of my CDC rear spoiler -

Great spoiler Painting the diffuser completed the look, nicely done!

Get notified of new replies

To cdc spoilers

Quick Reply: cdc spoilers