C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 C6 memory seat question

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 01:56 AM
miss my Z06
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 54 Posts
Default 09 C6 memory seat question

I bought a new to me 2009 Vette. It has 3LT package with memory seats. Question is the car does not move the seat into my set driver position unless I press the memory button. That being said I also set up exit position and the seat moves back as soon as I hit the door exit button automatically. I owned a 2002 Z06 and if I remember correctly when I put the key in (which there is not one for C6) the seat would move to the driver memory position automatically before I even started the car. Am I doing something wrong or is that the way it is on C6 ?
Old 03-19-2022, 08:52 AM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

Received 1,766 Likes on 1,130 Posts

Kind of sounds like the fob you're using to enter the car is not registered as #1 or #2, or you are entering the car with fob #2 and there's no saved seat position for that driver profile, or some variation on this. What greeting message do you get when you start the car?
Old 03-19-2022, 05:22 PM
farmington
Safety Car

Received 1,119 Likes on 798 Posts

Your seat won’t move forward until you push the button to start the car.
wont move back until the car is shut off and door button is pushed.
you can download owners manual in pdf form free online.
Old 03-19-2022, 05:27 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by farmington
Your seat won’t move forward until you push the button to start the car.
wont move back until the car is shut off and door button is pushed.
you can download owners manual in pdf form free online.
Link to get a free electronic copy of your C6 owner's manual

https://my.chevrolet.com/how-to-support

Old 03-19-2022, 06:13 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,239 Likes on 910 Posts

My '07 does the same thing, thanks for the post and link.
Old 03-20-2022, 07:10 AM
miss my Z06
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by FatsWaller
Kind of sounds like the fob you're using to enter the car is not registered as #1 or #2, or you are entering the car with fob #2 and there's no saved seat position for that driver profile, or some variation on this. What greeting message do you get when you start the car?
Thank all FatsWaller and all for responding, so your saying if the door open position on the fob if pressed outside the car, it should set the driver seat in position mode when I push the ignition button. Maybe I have to reset the fob as I know its the #1 fob I am using and I did set the memory #1 button in the car. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to look at the owners manual guys
Old 03-20-2022, 10:00 AM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

Originally Posted by miss my Z06
Thank all FatsWaller and all for responding, so your saying if the door open position on the fob if pressed outside the car, it should set the driver seat in position mode when I push the ignition button. Maybe I have to reset the fob as I know its the #1 fob I am using and I did set the memory #1 button in the car. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to look at the owners manual guys
You should read the manual first, but the owner's manual doesn't explain in a lot of detail about how the fobs really work. This might help https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...fob-facts.html
First of all, when I get in my car with a fob that's programmed as 1 or 2, when I start it, the seat automatically moves to the saved driving position for the associated driver profile. I don't need to push the door button. Neither should you if your fob is programmed as 1 or 2.
Second, the number on the fob case doesnt guarantee the programmed fob #. There are only 2 OEM cases, so if someone programmed a third fob, the case # won't reflect that. You could check to see if you have a #3 or #4 fob by not pressing the door button after you get in and start the car, and then pressing the Options button on the dash. If you get OPTIONS NOT AVAILABLE,
you've got a #3 or #4 fob.

If you've only got 1 fob, you really need to get another and program it in, and also get a spare key cut using a B106 blank. If you lock your only fob in the trunk by accident, the car can't see it in there.
Old 03-20-2022, 01:32 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Yes, you are doing something wrong. My '12 3LT memory functions smooth as butta'. Seat adjusts, steering wheel adjusts, mirrors adjust, everything goes where it belongs when I get in, and seat slides back when I get out. You need to have the correct fob, and follow the slightly wonky instructions precisely. Though I am a very spry and athletic 71, I will never have a Vette without the memory option.

Good luck!
Old 03-20-2022, 08:17 PM
sramzzz
Drifting

Received 960 Likes on 616 Posts

The auto recall only works on automatics. If you have a manual you have to push the button on the door either before or after starting the car. Guess GM thought it was a liability issue since there is a 3rd pedal and your foot could slip off the clutch.
Old 03-20-2022, 09:44 PM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

According to the owner's manual, manual transmission cars must have the parking brake set if the engine is on in order to recall the seat and other settings. I wasn't aware of that.

Get notified of new replies

To 09 C6 memory seat question

Quick Reply: 09 C6 memory seat question