C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dragstrip Post CoW tune - results

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 08:50 PM
2010c6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice
Old 10-19-2009, 09:05 PM
SL33PER
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great times!

While I don't mean to lessen your accomplishments I do think the results need to be put into perspective.

The DA from 10/17 at 7:00PM was approximately 200 ft whereas the DA from 10/3 was approximately 1760 ft, assuming you ran the 12.4 around the same time of the day.

What this means is that if you had run on the 17th but WITHOUT the new mods your time would have been around 12.178 (from the better air) so while the gears and tune do appear to have helped they only really accounted for less than half of the overall improvement.

I recently made the 3.42 switch myself. I think they are worth .1 to .15 on your ET.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Salt
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice run Don, I can see your smile from here, Thanks for the PM, keep the great results coming, Salt
Old 10-19-2009, 11:04 PM
mongooseC6
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikeg4572
Great times!

While I don't mean to lessen your accomplishments I do think the results need to be put into perspective.

The DA from 10/17 at 7:00PM was approximately 200 ft whereas the DA from 10/3 was approximately 1760 ft, assuming you ran the 12.4 around the same time of the day.

What this means is that if you had run on the 17th but WITHOUT the new mods your time would have been around 12.178 (from the better air) so while the gears and tune do appear to have helped they only really accounted for less than half of the overall improvement.

I recently made the 3.42 switch myself. I think they are worth .1 to .15 on your ET.
Thanks (I think).
Old 10-19-2009, 11:05 PM
mongooseC6
Drifting

Originally Posted by Salt
Nice run Don, I can see your smile from here, Thanks for the PM, keep the great results coming, Salt
I will definitely try again but not until I get the new tires. Thanks!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:24 PM
SL33PER
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mongooseC6
Thanks (I think).
I am not trying to rain on your parade. I think the 3.42's are a great mod. Just need to weigh all the factors. Congrats on getting to the 11's.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:52 PM
mongooseC6
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mikeg4572
I am not trying to rain on your parade. I think the 3.42's are a great mod. Just need to weigh all the factors. Congrats on getting to the 11's.
Mike, I realize that. Just kidding around.

To clarify a little, I have been running at Commerce many many times factoring in different temps from scorching to freezing, different track conditions, differ density altitudes (though never checked), and have consistently run from 12.4 (best) to 13.2 (worst) for the past two years, and at Commerce have never been below 12.47 for any run. I did the 12.39 at zMAX but that was a really well-prepped track for the TV show and I was very tense!

So it was not just those two nights that I was comparing at Commerce, it was many. The only difference in the car was the CC tune and the rear end change, so I truly believe that was MOST of the difference, if not all.

BTW, how much does your stall help?

Last edited by mongooseC6; 10-21-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:37 PM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I have some brand new NITTO NT05R 305/35/19 ready to put on mine and some NITTO NT05 275/40/18 on the way.

I am finally to the stage with Chuck Cow where I have bone enough data logs to start to get on it some but not consistent WOT yet.

I will tell you this, the "COW BOOSTER" is the real deal, it makes the drive by wire feel like old school wires. It is so freaking awesome. I have had it a month now and I still throw myself and passengers back in the seat when I take off or tap it on the interstate. First now you get what you ask for, if you press 50% you get 50% not the 30% with stock, there is NO delay, you touch the gas and your butt is glued to the back of the seat. If you do not do anything, you MUST get the cow booster, it is mind blowing.

My best 1/4 mile ET at Bristol Dragway is I think it was 13.3 or 13.4 at like 109 or something. I am getting ready to put the new Nitto tires on, some DRM Valved Bilstein Shocks, and then go to the track and see what happens. I know the cow booster will help my reaction time because it will go when I hit the gas instead of the normal delay, plus the way this thing is running so far it is like a pissed off monster and I would be thrilled to be in the 12's maybe mid or low 12's, if I was in the 11's I would be nuts happy. I have the Vararam CAI and LG Headers the Cow Booster and tune. So lets see what happens, I will post my results after I get to run.

You cannot go wrong with Chuck COW, I put it off 3 years, tried Diablo, tried other things and NONE come close to Chuck, I mean that. His work is magical. Even a dyno tune will not give you the throttle response and boost his Cow Booster gives you, so if your old school and have to have a dyno tune, get the Cow Booster first, then do that, you will only be sorry if you don't and then drive a car that does.
The following users liked this post:
Chuck CoW (05-16-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 09:05 AM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by mongooseC6
Can you suggest a good sticky tire? Mickey Thompson? Nitto?
I have the Nitto NT05R and love them, everyday use and sticky, very little if any slipping at about 22lbs air pressure.
with my run flats I spun on launch and in 2nd, sometimes 3rd. Not anymore, hell, one run I did an 1/8th mile burnout with the RF, they suck. The NITTO NT05R ROCKS!
Old 10-13-2017, 09:14 AM
weathermaker
Safety Car

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts

Don't expect an answer on an 8 year old thread.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:51 PM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by weathermaker
Don't expect an answer on an 8 year old thread.
well now actually The wait is over, you already replied to it so there ya go.

Also, if people replying to old threads makes your crotch itch, then tell the site admins to stop the site from showing related threads on the forum when you look at a topic. If they did not show them people would not reply to them.

I have never understood asshats that have nothing better to do than date code threads or bitch about searching instead of asking a question again or whatever. Just help the person asking or offer some helpful information. Being forum police and an all round asshat helps no one except making you feel special in your own mind.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:45 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

And, I have never understood people who need to go on full tilt just because someone brings up something they maybe did not know, especially when they used no profanity, and did not bring it up in a condescending manner.

You have a valid point about Forum Police, but you lost all your points with your all-out assault.

Maybe we have just started a new/old topic...
Old 10-13-2017, 09:05 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

I've been online since 1994, and I have never understood the egregious sin of "bringing up an old thread."

I've never seen moderators complain about it, only posters. If mods thought there was something sinful about it, they would lock them -- and they don't.
Bruster (10-14-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 10:01 PM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
And, I have never understood people who need to go on full tilt just because someone brings up something they maybe did not know, especially when they used no profanity, and did not bring it up in a condescending manner.

You have a valid point about Forum Police, but you lost all your points with your all-out assault.

Maybe we have just started a new/old topic...

I apologize for that, but like the other guy said, moderators are fine with stuff its some of the members that are jerks about it. And actually I never check the dates, just if its relevant and if it shows up. I often notice a lot of old posts never get answers so if someone does answer the question years later if someone in the future finds it and it helps them then its good they replied, regardless how soon or late the answer came.
Chuck CoW (10-17-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 10:12 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

^^^
Old 10-14-2017, 01:42 PM
weathermaker
Safety Car

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by GhostC6
well now actually The wait is over, you already replied to it so there ya go.

Also, if people replying to old threads makes your crotch itch, then tell the site admins to stop the site from showing related threads on the forum when you look at a topic. If they did not show them people would not reply to them.

I have never understood asshats that have nothing better to do than date code threads or bitch about searching instead of asking a question again or whatever. Just help the person asking or offer some helpful information. Being forum police and an all round asshat helps no one except making you feel special in your own mind.
I guess the point is when someone answer an old thread, the person asking the questions may have solved the problem years earlier, sold the car or moved on. If you are making a point or adding information on a subject it may be beneficial to start a new thread rather than going through multiple pages of an old thread. I think your reply was kind of harsh and do accept your apology.
Tarheels1 (03-29-2020)

Quick Reply: Dragstrip Post CoW tune - results