C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Tire questions

Old 12-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Benton Quest
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Tire questions

Hi,
I bought a car without runflats and need some advice.
Can you have a brand of runflats on the back and a different brand on the front? I don't want to do that, just asking. I may have a deal on a near new pair and will have to buy the other pair which are new.

Also, I never will go to the track and do not drive very fast. I put about 5000 miles a yr on car. I know, it sounds boring.
So, who has the least expensive run flats and what brand?
Thanks.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:31 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Prices change almost daily on tires. Check online w/Tire Rack for the Firestone Wide Oval R/F, they seem to be the overall lowest price. Your local Firestone Dealer may match the delivered price.

Different brands F & R isn't illegal, immoral or fattening, just not "recommended". Different Brands front & back can cause problems with emergency maneuvers and/or high speed handling/braking.

Last edited by haljensen; 12-02-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Mixing different brand runflats isn't ideal but IMO if it's just for temporary use you'll be fine. Personally, I'd just stick with the Goodyear runflats for street use. I don't know about the least expensive either...if you're getting "a deal" on a new pair wouldn't you want to be matching those?
Old 12-02-2009, 09:38 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Also try discount tire dot com, they usually have free shipping.
David
Old 12-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Benton Quest
Hi,
I bought a car without runflats and need some advice.
Can you have a brand of runflats on the back and a different brand on the front? I don't want to do that, just asking. I may have a deal on a near new pair and will have to buy the other pair which are new.

Also, I never will go to the track and do not drive very fast. I put about 5000 miles a yr on car. I know, it sounds boring.
So, who has the least expensive run flats and what brand?
Thanks.
Mixing 'non' with RF's front and rear is a general no-no, except short term and/or emergencies. Different RF brands front and rear I've done before with zero noticeable difference over many months street driving. Maybe tracking the car one might tell a difference, but the difference might just as well be a slight positive rather than negative.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:39 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 434 Likes on 371 Posts

The front supercars are on sale now at Discount Tire for $175 each....quite a deal....

Get notified of new replies

To Help! Tire questions

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help! Tire questions