C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lingenfelter vs. Callaway Systems

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 06:55 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by C6Tim
Yeah, that was me... If you made a sale I will be looking for my commission check.

Viper hunting eh?
Old 01-02-2010, 06:57 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Yeah, that was me... If you made a sale I will be looking for my commission check.
Pretty amazing car to catch the eye of someone going the opposite direction in I-4

...and then over 1,000 miles away, my telephone rang
Old 01-02-2010, 07:17 PM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Received 91 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by C6NRED
If you look about halfway down their web page, it states that "2005 to 2007 C6 coming soon!" I wonder how soon for you guys?

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...pb/pdf/1-2.pdf
Can't be that big of deal for them to produce it for the LS2 considering how close everything else is... I'd bet they'll have it out soon for the LS2. Sure looks like a nice system.....
Old 01-02-2010, 07:21 PM
C6NRED
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cthusker
Can't be that big of deal for them to produce it for the LS2 considering how close everything else is... I'd bet they'll have it out soon for the LS2. Sure looks like a nice system.....
....they'll sell a bunch if they have both the LS2 and LS3 covered.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:50 PM
C6Tim
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SurfnSun
Viper hunting eh?
Not yet, still got a few more miles to clock before I can really open her up. I can't wait to take it for a real run and see what she will do. As it stands now the least little bit of peddle and it pins you back in the seat.

Originally Posted by Callaway Chris
Pretty amazing car to catch the eye of someone going the opposite direction in I-4

...and then over 1,000 miles away, my telephone rang
Someone has some good eyes...
Old 01-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Nd4spd2
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

That Edelbrock system sounds like it has some real potential. Have to keep an eye out on this thread.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 920 Likes on 356 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Not yet, still got a few more miles to clock before I can really open her up. I can't wait to take it for a real run and see what she will do. As it stands now the least little bit of peddle and it pins you back in the seat.
With 572rwhp and sticky 345 Invos, I was able to take a stock 2008 viper vert w/o issue. However, most of them are modded so beware.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Shodan01
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a very informative thread (of course I started it so it helps me)

Cost isnt the true issue, nor depreciation. I have spent way too much decorating Harley's and trading cars every few months, but I have few other vices and love uniqueness of new and different vehicles. Not so say that I have a ton of money to spare, but I do ok enough to play with nice cars.

I feel that both names are fairly well known and if you want the badging then you need to pay the price. I am sure if I ask either owner of each they would tell me theirs is best.

For now - still to ponder. I like the PM's I am getting from both sets of owners. Thank you very much!

Steve
Old 01-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Shodan01
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Owners of each -

If you have had a poor experience (or good) please feel free to PM me. You can leave emotion out and let me know how well each went. I TRULY appreciate the opportunity to learn in this forum which I have seen has NOT TURNED INTO HOOD BASHING

Keep the info coming
Old 01-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Zoomin
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 160 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '19

I had a Lingenfelter (21st Century MC) install a maggie on my 03 Z06. The workmanship was first rate and the car performed flawlessly in heat and cold. Very nicely engineered setup. Later, when I sold the Z06, I found the Lingenfelter name to be a plus, and I was able to recoup most of the investment after nearly two years.

I'd highly recommend them to anyone.

Last edited by Zoomin; 01-02-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Shodan01
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Sounds like these are the top two in the industry with new the Edelbrock system coming up the pipeline. BRAIN StILL SPINNING
Old 01-03-2010, 03:26 AM
LLWS
Burning Brakes

I hate being the slow person in the room, but what's really the value of the warranty? I know that sending metal through the block, is expensive, but the difference in initial cost is a pretty good start toward paying for a substantial damage event.

So far we've concluded that C and LPE cars have a unique tune and come with fit pieces that include fuel rail covers, and offer custom hoods and badging. I've been a huge fan of C and LPE cars because I know I'm supposed to, but I fail to see any parts being integrated into the cars that are anything more than bolt-on parts, and possibly a magical custom tune. What am I missing for the total cost difference? I mean, it's not like L or C are going to wave a magic wand over the car and it's going to do something different?
Old 01-03-2010, 09:13 AM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Shodan01
Sounds like these are the top two in the industry with new the Edelbrock system coming up the pipeline. BRAIN StILL SPINNING
Seems like you're comparing apples to oranges to me.

Shopping a $20k Callaway package against a $7k blower from Edelbrock....not the same target market at all.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:16 AM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by LLWS
I hate being the slow person in the room, but what's really the value of the warranty? I know that sending metal through the block, is expensive, but the difference in initial cost is a pretty good start toward paying for a substantial damage event.
The value of Callaway's warranty is you can go to your GM dealer and have them work on your car under warranty. No one else to my knowledge can make that claim. In an era of GM shutting down warranties for everything, in my mind thats valuable.

So far we've concluded that C and LPE cars have a unique tune and come with fit pieces that include fuel rail covers, and offer custom hoods and badging. I've been a huge fan of C and LPE cars because I know I'm supposed to, but I fail to see any parts being integrated into the cars that are anything more than bolt-on parts, and possibly a magical custom tune. What am I missing for the total cost difference? I mean, it's not like L or C are going to wave a magic wand over the car and it's going to do something different?
Do enough research here and you can find plenty of horror stories about builds gone wrong. Somehow those bolt on parts have given people big problems.

With Callaway and LPE, stuff works...period.

How much is peace of mind worth?
Old 01-03-2010, 09:21 AM
lsbrodsky
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Exactly! But, LPE allows you to go to any dealer for warranty work and reimbursement. However, only Callaway preserves the powertrain warranty, if that is a major concern. After two years of no powertrain problems, I decided I could sacrifice that and went with LPE. I did not need exhaust, floor mats, etc.
Larry
Old 01-03-2010, 09:32 AM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by LLWS

Our Callaway warranty is for the powertrain, not just the component.

On a do-it-yourself project or with other companies, who pays the R&R, should you need it?

If you have a related issue on your drivetrain, who pays?

Callaway, as an engineering company, does work "magic" to some extent. It's what we do I can assure you, there are plenty of parts that we specifically source and implement when building our cars.

We engineer the product to work - and work well. I have seen too many others try to emulate what we do and come away with different results. I believe that is one of the many reasons to buy a Callaway Corvette from your local dealer.

I hope this helps
Old 01-03-2010, 09:35 AM
tomc8at
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I do one, I'll have to go with Callaway. They are every where, a well known product, and great service.

Get notified of new replies

To Lingenfelter vs. Callaway Systems

Old 01-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Shodan01
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by SurfnSun
Seems like you're comparing apples to oranges to me.

Shopping a $20k Callaway package against a $7k blower from Edelbrock....not the same target market at all.

Most people check into the different systems before they drop 20K -25K into them. No harm meant, but please - I was being polite. I have heard of LPE and Callaway - Never Edelbrock. I would need to see a lot more installed to go that route.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:24 AM
knkali
Melting Slicks

I always got a warm fuzzy feeling when I called Callaway to ask questions. Never did when I called LPE FWIW--this might translate into customer service down the road. That aside, I have been pricing the Callaway vettes very hard at the end of '09 and found there were no real deals on them esp if looking for great financing. So I figured I would find a great deal on a left over '09 and have it shipped to Callaway but all the great deals on '09s with the good financing were NOT Callaway dealers so I could not roll the s/c package in with the financing. Bottom line for me is Callaway is just out of my comfort zone regarding pricing. Therefore, I am going to keep my eye open for a used Callaway. After all, they do depreciate the minute you drive them off the lot. How much, I dont know but most cars do. A 3LT auto vert GS Callaway is getting toward the $87-90K range. That is getting into rarefied air for this modest means enthusiast; therefore, I completely understand why guys are looking hard at the E force s/c et al. and figuring that they can finance their own warranty work if needed. Not my first choice but understandable. I like Callaway and all the panache that goes with it.

BTW Chris, does Callaway have a registry of used vettes one can check out?
Old 01-03-2010, 10:27 AM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Shodan01
Most people check into the different systems before they drop 20K -25K into them. No harm meant, but please - I was being polite. I have heard of LPE and Callaway - Never Edelbrock. I would need to see a lot more installed to go that route.
Sorry, I meant no offense. Its just hard to have a level playing field when you're looking at a 13k price difference if thats the measuring stick.

It all depends on what the hot button is. Price, Customer Service, Exclusivity, warranty etc.

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter vs. Callaway Systems