C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about a seat mod for tall guys, need some suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 03:22 PM
bksnoopy
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I hate to lose a Corvette buddy but if it was me and I couldn't get a good fit in a Vette ... I would consider a CTS-V

Recaro driving seats are an option in the CTS-V Coupe, providing good support for enthusiastic driving. The seats are 14-way adjustable and have pneumatic side bolsters in the cushion and backrest.

Ben, OH
Old 03-10-2010, 03:11 PM
jmac2009
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zrone90
I am 6' 8" tall and have a 38" inseam. With the seat all the way back I have enough room. I have an automatic and have not tried a standard shift car. That might be a problem. Headroom in the Vert is fine
I had the same problem with shifting in a standard and had to go with a auto and convertible for head room. In the coupe my head would hit the back bar.

Didn't you all love the earlier post on how "do you get into your car, do you seat and swing in or jump in?" It was easy to tell how all the short guys were.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:10 PM
MONSTER_NRG
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update

Hi Guys,

I am in the market for a sports car and the c6 seems to be the best bang for the buck!

I am 6' 8" 315 lbs and 25 years old.

I was able to "fit" but very tight and could use more room all the way around.

Looking for an update on the OP or if anyone else has any ideas!

As things are now I probably could not have this for a DD. Do you guys think if I drop down to 250 lbs and modded the seat or replace I would fit better or is it going to be tight no mater what?

This is my 1st post so let me know if i should start a new thead or just keep this one going.

Thanks

David
Old 04-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 3,969 Likes on 1,667 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucifer13
I'm 6'10 myself and have been thinking of ways to modify the stock seat to gain a little extra room.
I'LL SAY! Holy crap. I'm 6'-4" and feel like I'm at the upper end of comfort ability...though at our (your) height, we're used to cramming into a smaller mans world. One reason I went with a Vert was it has more headroom with the top up than a coupe...and obviously sky's the limit (literally) with the top down!

This gives me about an inch plus on the inside with the seat all the way down.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Keppler
Safety Car

Received 432 Likes on 303 Posts

Try removing the dead pedal. I am not over 6' but I removed the dead pedal to do some interior changes. I drove the car for 2 weeks without the dead pedal. I know it sounds funny but I almost left it out because of the added leg room. Try it. It only takes a few minutes to remove it.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:03 AM
MONSTER_NRG
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Keppler
Try removing the dead pedal. I am not over 6' but I removed the dead pedal to do some interior changes. I drove the car for 2 weeks without the dead pedal. I know it sounds funny but I almost left it out because of the added leg room. Try it. It only takes a few minutes to remove it.
i did notice it would be better not there
Old 04-04-2012, 08:34 PM
s_c5519
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Keppler
Thanks, didn't know it was so easy to remove (2 screws), and how much room it was taking up!!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:10 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 659 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by john5519
Thanks, didn't know it was so easy to remove (2 screws), and how much room it was taking up!!
Brilliant - I am 6' 4" and am comfortable for the most part, but the DP does get in the way....

Quick Reply: Thinking about a seat mod for tall guys, need some suggestions