C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluestar 2010 Hands free

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 08:30 PM
lawnmore
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluestar 2010 Hands free

Has anyone had any experience with this product in a c6 05-2010? I like the idea but need to hear something form positive from on owner of one.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:27 AM
richhoff
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you mean bluetooth??
Old 02-05-2010, 07:52 AM
beachguy
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was considering the same but , like you , I want imput from someone who has installed the bluestar. I called them and yes they said it will work with the c6 but you loose on star. You try it firrst and let me know !
Old 02-05-2010, 04:10 PM
lawnmore
Racer

Originally Posted by beachguy
I was considering the same but , like you , I want imput from someone who has installed the bluestar. I called them and yes they said it will work with the c6 but you loose on star. You try it firrst and let me know !
Frankly I don't care for Onstar so if I could use the existing hardware and have a hands free phone hookup I would definitely go for it.Like you I'm not interested in being a a test subject. I hope this idea does work.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Sunset Orng 05
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by beachguy
Sounds like something I would be interested in when my OnStar expires next month. Hopefully someone will respond who has tried it and will let us know how it works.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:32 PM
WhItEKnIgHt23
Racer

if anyone does buy it. let us know how it goes. i've been looking for a bluetooth speakerphone, but this sounds interesting
Old 02-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Bandit1
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Several successful applications out there:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...uipment-3.html

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14289

Just depends on how much ($$) the capability is worth to you -vs- how long you intend to keep your car.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:00 PM
GotVett?
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I thought they just made the ointment. Interesting to see how it works.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:16 PM
ctaylor1432
Advanced

So far having trouble with it draining the battery. Still trying to work it out. Apparently the radio is still sending an alive signal when the car is shut down, causing the bluestar to stay on.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:25 PM
CSixDude
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 141 Posts

I have one on the way, and hope to start doing some testing on it soon. Will keep you posted.

Last edited by CSixDude; 03-23-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:02 PM
adamb258
Advanced

I am interested in this as well
Old 04-24-2010, 10:35 PM
CSixDude
Drifting

I'm did some data captures of the Class 2 bus data (using a dummy sniffer box) and sent it in today to the engineer at CoStar that I have been working with. He hopes to be able to examine the data and determine why the unit isn't powering off properly, and then make changes to the firmware and send it to me for more testing.

The BlueStar unit itself works flawlessly and lets me make and receive calls using the OnStar buttons, and even works the voice dialing features of my phone. The only hiccup is that it isn't powering down properly, which can cause a drain on the car's battery. I'm hopeful that he will have some new firmware to me this week that will fix that problem.

Last edited by CSixDude; 04-24-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:42 AM
andneil74
Cruising

I treid the Bluestar 2010 also and it did work well. However, I had the same problem with the unit not shutting off and causing battery drain. I had to return the unit after a week of trading emails with Chris at Costar. He promissed an update to fix this but to date I haven't seen the update. Please advise if you do get an update correcting the problem as I would be interested in purchasing one that works correctly.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Sativa
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd be very interested in this if they ever fix the battery drain problem.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:56 AM
CSixDude
Drifting

I have this device on my car, and it works good. They have fixed the battery drain issue. I'm not allowed to discuss it further because they are not a "Vendor" on this site. I put up a post earlier about it but it has been removed by the admins.

I guess you can't talk about any products on this site that don't pay this forum money.

I am not affiliated with CoStar in any way, and I have no interest in their product. Good luck with your research. You'll probably need to go elsewhere to find any info out about it.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:01 AM
beav626
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fred H.
I have this device on my car, and it works good. They have fixed the battery drain issue. I'm not allowed to discuss it further because they are not a "Vendor" on this site. I put up a post earlier about it but it has been removed by the admins.

I guess you can't talk about any products on this site that don't pay this forum money.

I am not affiliated with CoStar in any way, and I have no interest in their product. Good luck with your research. You'll probably need to go elsewhere to find any info out about it.
Ive been waiting for this to get fixed. Send me a PM about the details.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:41 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...l-posting.html

Commercial posting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Supporting vendors pay for the considerable bandwidth charges on the Forum, making it free for the rest of us. In exchange, they get the privilege of using the Forum to market and promote their goods and services. Historically, we allow them to post in the generation sections and the regional sections to market and promote their products/services.

Forum members are welcome to sell a Corvette or Corvette parts they purchased for their own personal use. Anything else is considered to be a commercial sale.

No links or reference to eBay sales or any other auction or sales sites, please. Neither is it permissible to ask for or send inappropriate links via PM. If the sale is appropriate for the Forum, post it on the Forum, rather than linking to it elsewhere.

Members are not prohibited from mentioning it when they have a good (or bad, for that matter) experience with a non-supporting vendor. But such mentions cannot be so specific (address, phone number, e-mail address, URL, price, part number, offer to send contact information via PMs, etc.) or so frequent that they become marketing and promotional references.

Only supporting vendors can post Group Purchase threads. Only supporting vendors are permitted to post threads to gauge interest in a product.

Members can include a mention of their personal businesses in their signatures so long as the enterprise does not compete with an existing supporting vendor, is not Corvette-related and is not so detailed or so frequently appended to their posts that it becomes inappropriate marketing and promotion.

Get notified of new replies

To Bluestar 2010 Hands free

Old 08-15-2010, 01:44 PM
syswayne
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Why do you have to pay this forum money for infromation. That sucks, we should be able to tell each other with problems so we can fix them or get them fixed. If the manufactor can't do it, then it should be open to everyone. I don't even think there is a law out there against this. Probably Costar complained to the forum Admin.and they got scared and took your quote off. How can the Admin. take your information off here when it does not hurt anyone out there. This makes me want to quit this forum. Nosense in this.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:19 PM
BB 2005
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11, '13

I ordered one and will post after I install it to let you all know how it goes.

As a lifetime member, I need to discover solutions that are outside of our limited list of vendors and appreciate the chance to discuss this non sponsored vendor.

Last edited by BB 2005; 08-16-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:24 PM
NOCRISIS
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I have had one since march,not able to use it pending a software update that is taking longer then thought.I am exp squeal on my end and echo on the callers end.I have been told my 60 days return has been waived and untill I am satisfied I have the option of returning it.I think it has potential,,,,and have my fingers crossed for the update working,,,,

08 coupe no nav

Quick Reply: Bluestar 2010 Hands free