C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory blem 3-1/2 LT Grand Sport

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 04:49 PM
metal
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Red07C6
Who was the line inspector? Stevie Wonder??????????
David Patterson....new job!
Old 02-28-2010, 05:13 PM
LOUSVETTE
NCM Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you drive it home with the plastic on it or get it shipped?
Old 02-28-2010, 05:41 PM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by AtHomeSoda
I like the Drivers seat better...

Go for a matched set like the drivers seat!!!

It will be a one of a kind...in fact, it is now...
Old 02-28-2010, 06:27 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

I would leave it exactly the way it is.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:08 PM
kon_gee
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LOUSVETTE
Did you drive it home with the plastic on it or get it shipped?
Car was shipped so every bit of plastic was still on it.

Actually with the plastic still on the seats and the top on the car the difference in the seats was not all that easy to see. I had 7 other people at my house when I took delivery and no one noticed it. The delivery guy didn't see it either. Obviously every one else missed it too. I think the power of suggestion played a big part because the difference was not obvious to see when you don't know about it. Once you know though it jumps out at you and you wonder how it wasn't the first thing you would see.

Try taking one of the pictures I took with the plastic on the seats and show it to someone without telling them there is a flaw an see if they pick it out.

Gary
Old 02-28-2010, 07:32 PM
LMB-C6
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's one of a kind - I'd keep it that way, will be worth more in 30 years
Old 02-28-2010, 07:42 PM
N2TU
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 195 Likes on 105 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by kon_gee
Car was shipped so every bit of plastic was still on it.

Actually with the plastic still on the seats and the top on the car the difference in the seats was not all that easy to see. I had 7 other people at my house when I took delivery and no one noticed it. The delivery guy didn't see it either. Obviously every one else missed it too. I think the power of suggestion played a big part because the difference was not obvious to see when you don't know about it. Once you know though it jumps out at you and you wonder how it wasn't the first thing you would see.

Try taking one of the pictures I took with the plastic on the seats and show it to someone without telling them there is a flaw an see if they pick it out.

Gary
Gary,

You are very patient. I truly doubt I would be as laid back as you about this. IMHO, this is not just a quality defect but a breakdown of Quality Control with our beloved 'vette product line.

I really hope this gets back to the Corvette Product Manager and he rattles the cage a bit in Bowling Green.

Thanks for sharing this with us....
Old 02-28-2010, 07:54 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

Very interesting. It is so obvious? Makes you wonder how that got past so many people at the factory. Hummmm
Old 02-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Rule292
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I'd send off a nice letter to UAW local 2164.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:57 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
Very interesting. It is so obvious? Makes you wonder how that got past so many people at the factory. Hummmm
It sneaked through during nap time
Old 02-28-2010, 10:06 PM
jetcybertorch
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting post!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:24 PM
gbgary
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

get the driver's seat replaced if you can. for one thing the cashmere doesn't show ware like ebony will and second the driver's seat already looks bad on the bolster for some reason.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:49 PM
cclive
Team Owner

To be fair, the seats start out in the factory with the plastic on them, so its not as if anyone in the plant sees them the way we have in the pic.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:53 PM
scottsdalevette
Pro

Default Looks like the folks at Kerbeck must be blind!!!

Your sales guy at Kerbeck should have done an inspection of the entire interior and exterior to look for problems and their Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) technician should have told the sales guy that there is two different seats in your Corvette before anybody shipped it to you. You would have gotten a perfect Corvette if they opened the doors and looked inside.

Looks like they must be blind at Kerbeck to have missed two obviously different colored leather patterns. Good luck with your misfortune.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:54 PM
TD-Machines
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rule292
I'd send off a nice letter to UAW local 2164.
They don't care.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:56 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Nobody at Kerbeck saw the seats without the plastic on them either....
Old 03-01-2010, 12:09 AM
surfdh74
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ray Charles for sure I think Stevie Wonder is inspecting VW and too busy punching people.

Get notified of new replies

To Factory blem 3-1/2 LT Grand Sport

Old 03-01-2010, 07:13 AM
bksnoopy
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cclive
Nobody at Kerbeck saw the seats without the plastic on them either....
You have to agree in that the plastic was remove by the OP.

I would try to keep the 4LT seat. GM might make it up to him by installing the better seat.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:27 AM
kon_gee
Racer

Originally Posted by scottsdalevette
Your sales guy at Kerbeck should have done an inspection of the entire interior and exterior to look for problems and their Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) technician should have told the sales guy that there is two different seats in your Corvette before anybody shipped it to you. You would have gotten a perfect Corvette if they opened the doors and looked inside.

Looks like they must be blind at Kerbeck to have missed two obviously different colored leather patterns. Good luck with your misfortune.
Kerbeck is very apologetic. My salesman actually drove the car to fill it up with gas and now that he has the pictures he can't beleive he missed it too. As I stated earlier the power of suggestion played a big part in the error being missed. This error obviously happened at the seat manufacturer. I think the real error was when the plastic wrap was put on the wrong seat. The bar code /serial# is correct (at least it matches the other side) so it wouldn't flag the computers. The seats are delivered to the assembly plant on 2 separate six pack carts. I believe they are also folded forward. The tool that hoists the seats into the car covers nearly everything from view and the seats are installed by two different people. The big white tag on the plastic seat cover is also placed over the area in error. Yes a lot of people are in and out of the car during assembly but if you or someone else is sitting in one seat you can't really see them both. Obviously if one seat was red and one was black everyone would see it at a glance. Whild I do think this is a serious error I also think it is very isolated. I am sure this information will get back to the assembly plant and the seat manufacturer so they can put safeguards in place to avoid this problem again. All in all I would be curious to know how may eyes missed this error and I bet it is a lot!
Old 03-01-2010, 09:41 AM
garytucker
Racer

Originally Posted by QUAKEJAKE
Back in the day I worked in the predelivery dept. of a dealer. Should not have made it through there either.
Problem is that the OP took the car with all the plastic still intact...this is one of the risks involved with not doing a full PDI which would have included removing the plastic to inspect. Either the tech didn't do his job or it was requested to leave all the plastic on.

I'm not slamming the OP at all...and I'm sorry they are experiencing a misbuild...

I agree with quakejake though...the PDI process is either broken at Kerbeck or it was circumvented. As a past GM tech...I can agree with you that this wouldn't have made it through our shop either. I can't count how many times I'd find a misbuild on a car or truck...or even better...parts that didn't work. My favorite though was the car that had been struck by lightning in shipping...totally fried all the electronics. We finally found the "burn mark" after sitting around wondering why a car needed every computer replaced coming off a truck!

Quick Reply: Factory blem 3-1/2 LT Grand Sport