C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration or Wind noise in 2008 C6

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 02:53 PM
CSF - One
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know about a TSB #, but if you have your dealer replace the plastic cow that joins wih the window it should fix your problem.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:38 PM
siggie
Advanced

Originally Posted by sam90lx
Is there a TSB # on this?

I have the same humming vibration....worse upon acceleration.

Thanks
I believe their is. When I took mine in I told the service writer to check for a TSB, he did and the part was replaced at no charge.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:48 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

I just went up to Boise this weekend (from Utah and noticed this noise). My wife and I pointed to the same area. We noticed it on the way up to Boise. On the way back a "gator" took out the plastic in my front right corner. (brake duct, its cover, bottom piece of the wheel well cover) The front bumper piece that extends to the mount also broke. Bumper looks fine otherwise besides gator marks over the clear bra. I'll post pics on my own thread when my camera's battery is recharged.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:17 PM
bama08vette
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i hate to bring up an old thread, but do they have a TSB# for this problem? I have the same issue
Old 10-16-2010, 06:25 PM
siggie
Advanced

Originally Posted by siggie
I believe their is. When I took mine in I told the service writer to check for a TSB, he did and the part was replaced at no charge.
they repaired mine at no charge.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:36 PM
rakuhn
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Keep your windows up at those speeds and see if that makes a difference. Actually I am quite serious, it may just help you narrow or better pin point where the noise is actually coming from.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:25 AM
jadsrde
1st Gear

Default Flutter noise from dash

I have an 08 Z06 that is pure dream fulfillment. However, I also have this problem and am very appreciative for the information posted here - I have an appointment scheduled with my dealer next week and I feel so much better that I have this thread printed out to give to them rather then trying to describe the problem and knowing that - in all probability - they would find nothing.

This forum is great !
Old 04-08-2011, 09:39 AM
freeride59
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Buzz at base of windshield

Got the same problem,fixed it with electrical tape. I will replace the plastic cowl on my own.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:06 AM
RLove
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Same here. I've only had my car about two months. The previous owner told me about this problem and he fixed it by running a strip of electrical tape at the bottom of the windshield where it meets the the cowl, overlapping both.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Sigus
Advanced

I am glad this thread came up! I have been fighting this issue since the car was new. Dealer has replaced the complete upper window seal and the noise is still there. I will try the tape on the bottom seal and see if that does it.

I love my car but this little deal has been driving me nuts.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:51 AM
JScottH3
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 153 Likes on 69 Posts

Me, too. It seems to be a cross-wind issue. When I'm going directly into or with the wind, I don't have a problem, but when there's a stiff crosswind, I get a distinct buzz from somewhere up front. I had the dealer check my new air dam, but it was tight, although I don't remember having the problem until I had it replaced. Something up front is telegraphing the buzz into the car so it seems like it's coming from the dash. Still looking...

Last edited by JScottH3; 04-08-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Sigus
Advanced

Originally Posted by JScottH3
Me, too. It seems to be a cross-wind issue. When I'm going directly into or with the wind, I don't have a problem, but when there's a still crosswind, I get a distinct buzz from somewhere up front. I had the dealer check my new air dam, but it was tight, although I didn't have the problem until I had it replaced. Something up front is telegraphing the buzz into the car so it seems like it's coming from the dash. Still looking...
For me it starts at 70MPH, then when I get behind a truck bam... noise goes away. I dont advise following a truck but in trying to change the wind flow it beat going into a wall.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Dennis08
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

It's part #25778761 screen under the wiper blades. Had mine replaced under warranty made the same sound at highway speeds.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Please keep us posted on what you find out, if you get the noise quieted down.

Brent
GM Customer Service
Old 04-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 733 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Sigus
For me it starts at 70MPH, then when I get behind a truck bam... noise goes away. I dont advise following a truck but in trying to change the wind flow it beat going into a wall.
Look to see if the black cowl trim is flush against the bottom of the windshield. The cowl trim has a rubber edge that rests agaist the bottom of the windshield. Once the edge lifts, air will flow in between causing this vibration. Test: tape the cowl trim to the windshield to see if it eliminates this vibration. There are two fixes, one use a clear sealant in between the cowl trim and windshield or replace the cowl trim, I had the cowl trim replaced three days before my bumper to bumper warranty expired.

Note: Make sure the new cowl trim rests firmly on the windsheild or the vibration will return.

Last edited by Mike's LS3; 04-12-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Nikka
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am so happy I searched for this problem. It has been driving me crazy! I am going in tomorrow morning
for the FIX!
Nikka
Old 07-26-2011, 10:41 PM
JScottH3
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

I haven't had the problem since it got warm. We'll see again next winter. If it does it again, I'll tape the cowl down and see if it goes away. If it goes away, I'll put some silicone sealer under the cowl.

Get notified of new replies

To Vibration or Wind noise in 2008 C6

Old 09-11-2011, 09:10 AM
exHeavyChevy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by siggie
I found the problem. I taped the plastic that sets over the bottom of the front window to the window, test drove it and the noise went away . My car go's to the dealer on Friday for a new plastic cowell to be installed
This is the SOLUTION to a problem we've been trying to solve for more than two years! I've been under the dash, behind the glovebox, tried extra insulating strips in the windshield/top.

Turned it in on a repair order, but the dealer was of no help.

This was the only 'issue' on my 2008 coupe; so happy it's fixed!
Old 09-21-2011, 10:56 PM
TonyFaub
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default hmmm

I have the same vibration occurring from 60mph and higher. Tested all the way up to 150 and it won't go away. J/k about the 150mph part .
In any case, I will have a look at what was mentioned here at the base of the windshield and also put my factory wipers back on to see which has a greater impact. I suspect in my case, it's the RH wiper blade vibrating but I won't know for sure for a couple of days.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:31 PM
JScottH3
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

I had the same vibration, but it only in the winter, and only with a crosswind. It went away as the weather warmed up. I'll just have to wait until it gets cold again to see if it comes back.

Quick Reply: Vibration or Wind noise in 2008 C6