C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WCC wheel exchange?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 01:06 AM
eyoung3sm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WCC wheel exchange?

Does anyone know how the west coast corvette wheel exchange works? Do you just get your original style rims and excange them for a chromed version?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:00 AM
rm50
Melting Slicks

Received 202 Likes on 73 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I did this about 5 years ago on my 05 vert. In 05 there was not an option for chrome wheels but WCC offered an exchange for my standard wheels.
I ordered the replacement wheels from WCC
I was required to pay for the replacement wheels and put up a deposit for the return wheels.
I took the replacement wheels to a dealer who installed them on my car.
The dealer took my original wheels and placed them in the boxes the replacement wheels were shipped in.
I called FedEx and they came and pickup up my original wheels for delivery back to WCC.
WCC returned the deposit upon receiving my wheels and inspecting them.

It was all done very quick and easy.

Last edited by rm50; 03-15-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:44 AM
RussellZ
Burning Brakes

Why don't you give them a call and ask them how it works. It's not a toll call for you and they'll give you the correct answer. I believe they open at 8am today.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:34 PM
eyoung3sm
Instructor

Originally Posted by rm50
I did this about 5 years ago on my 05 vert. In 05 there was not an option for chrome wheels but WCC offered an exchange for my standard wheels.
I ordered the replacement wheels from WCC
I was required to pay for the replacement wheels and put up a deposit for the return wheels.
I took the replacement wheels to a dealer who installed them on my car.
The dealer took my original wheels and placed them in the boxes the replacement wheels were shipped in.
I called FedEx and they came and pickup up my original wheels for delivery back to WCC.
WCC returned the deposit upon receiving my wheels and inspecting them.

It was all done very quick and easy.
So do you get new wheels and just use yours as the core? Same wheels chromed or can you get different ones?
Thanks
Old 03-15-2010, 08:04 PM
rm50
Melting Slicks

Received 202 Likes on 73 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by eyoung3sm
So do you get new wheels and just use yours as the core? Same wheels chromed or can you get different ones?
Thanks
In my case I was exchanging the wheels that come standard on my 05 for ones that had been chromed. When I sent them my wheels they will inspect and chrome them to sell to someone else.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:15 PM
YellowVetteC6
Advanced

Originally Posted by eyoung3sm
Does anyone know how the west coast corvette wheel exchange works? Do you just get your original style rims and excange them for a chromed version?

Thanks in advance.
I went this route on my '05. I believe if you look on their website, it indicates you are trading "style" for "style". My '05 came with the polished (if can call it that) alum. Like an earlier poster said, you pay for the new chrome wheels plus a refundable core charge for your current wheels. When you get your new wheels, get the tires switched at the shop of your choice and then return the cores to WCC. When WCC recieves and inspects your wheels, your core deposit is refunded to your credit card. Works like a charm.

For what it's worth, the quality of the chrome on the WCC wheels is far superior to the quality of the factory chrome on my '08Z.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:49 PM
///DarkSide\\\
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

You're in Laguna Niguel (aka right down the freeway from WCC), why don't you just drive over to WCC & let them take care of the transaction & labor for the switch.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:22 PM
psidoti25
6th Gear

Has anyone ever used West Coast Corvettes to do the Chrome Wheel Exchange program? I am based in NY and trying to see if anyone has done this program
Old 08-16-2017, 11:14 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

I did it but I am in San Diego so I was able to drive there. It is a style for style exchange. I had one of my exchange wheels that was bent...that I did not feel. It cost me an extra $75. Not a big deal. I get compliments on the wheels all the time. They always look good.

Last edited by Vet Interested; 08-16-2017 at 11:16 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To WCC wheel exchange?

Quick Reply: WCC wheel exchange?