C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Diamondhead 26
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended Warranty

Folks, any recommendation where I can find the best price on the GM extended warranty for my 2008 ZO-6?
Old 04-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Top_Fuel
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamondhead 26
...where I can find the best price on the GM extended warranty...
Click HERE
Old 04-08-2010, 11:24 AM
CA C6 Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The guys name is Dennis Fichtner (his handle is "CeYaBye"). He has a company thread in the "Ken's Newsletter" section, near the "Intros" thread (above this).
Old 04-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Diamondhead 26
5th Gear

Thanks for the help, Everyone!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:41 AM
CA C6 Fan
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Diamondhead 26
Thanks for the help, Everyone!!!
Dennis is usually about 40% less than other local dealers, selling these GMPPs (which is the "GM Protection Plan"). The "normal" markup on these is unbelieveable. He'll be able to give you all the pertinents. As long as your GM/Chevy original warranty hasn't expired, you can invest in a GMPP.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:07 PM
ZBEE 062
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would try a couple of different GM dealers, there seems to be some room for negotiation, but this may be only if you are purchasing a new or used car, not an add-on to an existing warranty. I recently paid about $2300 for a 4 year 48000 mile bumper to bumper GM warranty (not a dealer warranty) on top of the existing 31k miles on a 2008 at the time of the car purchase. This was reduced from the list price as the car was already being offered with a 1 year 10,000 miles GM warranty for "free". This was also with a $0 deductible. The available deductibles are $0, $50, $100 and $200 per visit, so you could likely save some money up front by taking a higher deductible. I have no reference on GM warranty policy costs so I don't know if this was a good or a bad deal. Based on previous experience with Lincoln LS service costs, this seemed like a good deal to me.

Normally I do not buy extended warranties, but this is a ZHZ car. So far (4 weeks) it is running great and is getting 27-28 mpg on the highway as advertised. It also does not show the pollen as much which is unbelievably bad this year in SC
Attached Images  
Old 04-08-2010, 12:24 PM
smbsocal
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I got mine through Dennis Fichtner and would recommend him without a second thought.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:40 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by smbsocal
I got mine through Dennis Fichtner and would recommend him without a second thought.
My family has bought three so far from Dennis. I will buy one eventually from Dennis for my wife's CTS Sport Wagon being built next week.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:54 PM
0CeYaBye
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default GMPP Thanks

diamonhead 26

Send me your VIN and current miles to dfichtner@fichtnerchevrolet.com and I will send you a no hassle low price Corvette Forum price on the GMPP warranty you are asking about.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in and recommended me, this never gets old when all my customers are appreciative of what I do for them on a daily basis.

Looking forward to the busy summer selling season of GMPP's since most Corvette owners get there cars in March thru October.

Just one reminder that pricing always goes up on October 1st every year so beat that price increase and get your GMPP before 9-30-10.

CeYaBye

Dennis Fichtner
Old 04-08-2010, 01:04 PM
LionGS
Pro

How well does the GMPP compare to the original factory warranty? I usually shy away from "extended warrantys" as bogus.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:14 PM
GotVett?
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

My vette's developed a coolant leak and I haven't found the source as of yet. I also have the GMPP Major Guard ext. warranty (which is now in effect) and am wondering how it is as well. I reviewed it and it says that coolant, hoses, etc. aren't covered unless it's in connection with another covered part (if I'm understanding it correctly).

Last edited by GotVett?; 04-08-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:14 PM
CA C6 Fan
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by LionGS
How well does the GMPP compare to the original factory warranty? I usually shy away from "extended warrantys" as bogus.
Contact Dennis (above) for specifics. However, I believe the GMPP covers "most" of that the OEM GM warranty does. Their are limitations but since it is a GM warranty and not an aftermarket, you should be "protected" much better than a standard aftermarket warranty.

I normally don't go into this extended warranty BS, however; I did purchase a GMPP for my '05 C6. Low and behold, I just used it about 6 months ago. I had an ECM go out on me (at the same time my battery died). Now the battery wasn't covered (obviously) but the ECM repair was. If I did not have the GMPP, that would have been well over $800 (P & L) for that repair. Since I had a "no deductible", it cost me nothing.

My logic about the GMPP was primarily based on the complexity of this vehicle (our 'Vettes). With all the bells and whistles, if anything does go out, it's going to be big-bucks to repair.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:16 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by smbsocal

Get notified of new replies

To Extended Warranty

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty