C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vette almost was smashed from behind

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 03:10 PM
RohanZ51
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vette almost was smashed from behind

On Tuesday I drove the vette to Pensacola and back from Montgomery in a day with no problems except for getting dirty.Wednesday I go out to the vette in the garage and want to drive it to my detailer and get her cleaned but the corvette spirit said no leave her in the garage until later...so i get in my Jeep and head on over to get something to eat.
Traffic had come to a stop and sure enough as I look up in my rear view mirror a busted up truck smashes into the back of my Jeep at about 10 miles an hour and hits the rear tire dead on. I jump out and go to the back to see the damage and low and behold the tire took the impact with no damage but the front of his already busted front end was busted up even more. My first words to the driver was what the F..don't you pay attention when you drive..he said "I was texting and didn't see you stopped". I asked if he had insurance he said no...I told him this was his lucky day and no damage to my Jeep was visable so I left. I am curious as if I had drove the vette the same route and time what kind of damage would the back of the vette sustained at 10 miles at impact. Has anyone had something to tell them don't drive the vette
or take a left instead of a right to avoid a future instance?
Old 04-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Markss
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I would have envolved law enforcement just because he admitted to doing something as dumb as texting while driving! It would also protect me from any damage that I might notice latter on.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:22 AM
CessnaDriver
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Admitted to texting huh???

Man, these people need to be put down.
Our lives are at stake and these morons are willingly ready to murder the rest of us and our families to send some trivial *** crap message.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:28 AM
Salt
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CessnaDriver
Admitted to texting huh???

Man, these people need to be put down.
Our lives are at stake and these morons are willingly ready to murder the rest of us and our families to send some trivial *** crap message.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:06 AM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guy is an idiot in the first place for txing while he was driving. He could have hit a pedestrian, what a dope. I would have called the police and filed a report to teach him a lesson.

You say his front bumper was already damaged, I suspect this wasnt the first time he hit something while txting...

On the flipside: You may have not been in that exact spot had you taken your vette. A few WOT's here and there would have placed you alot further down the road or perhaps at your point of destination at that particular time.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:57 AM
C6GS
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

My first call would have been to 911 to involve the police. He will just do it again

Get notified of new replies

To Vette almost was smashed from behind

Quick Reply: Vette almost was smashed from behind