C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zaino lasts - here's the proof

Old 04-18-2010, 08:32 PM
BSE1956
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by glenB
Hate to burst your bubble, but it appears there is no protection on that paint. Wax it and compare.
Oh well. You might have a point there. I will let you know the difference when I have some more strength.
Did the Vette this weekend by hand. Clay and 2 coats of Z2.
Wheels off, and undercarriage detail. I'm pooped.
(BTW: I use Rejex on the wheels. There's no particular reason, I just bought a bottle once and want to use it)

Last edited by BSE1956; 04-19-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:38 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,918 Likes on 4,804 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfdogs
zaino's application is no more tedious than Rejex......they just give you all the prep work you need to get the proper results from the application of a polymer solution... you should do the same thing prior to Rejex.......

zaino is my ticket....... it rocks.
Well Wolfdogs I started out when I bought my Vette with Adams Buttery Wax, then I tried Nattys Red Paste Wax, moved on to NXT 2.0, then Satin Gloss and now Rejex so I am getting closer to the Zaino madness. Assuming the car is properly prepared what one Zaino product do you then apply? That to me is the confusing part when I read the info on their site.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Onyasix
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wbvette
I just zainoed my car for the first time on thursday. The shine in absolutely amazing. The only problem I have is I still have minor scratches that still show. Any tips? When I had it waxed last year all those scratches and swirls disapeared.
Jimmy,

If they are minor scratches and swirls, try Z-PC followed with Z-5. Z-PC has light abrasives to remove minor scratches and swirls. Z-5 is similar to Z-2 except it has fillers (which Z-2 does not have) that hide light scratches and swirls. If the scratches and swirls are more than minor, I would recommend a polish with a higher degree of abrasive cut and a machine polisher to remove the s$s. I use Zaino but it has its limits when it comes to the removal of scratches more than minor.

Z-5 is recommended for darker colors just be careful on how many layers you apply or you may be banded from driving within five miles of any air port. Just ask wolfdog, I heard this happened to him.

Last edited by Onyasix; 04-18-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:23 PM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by glenB
Hate to burst your bubble, but it appears there is no protection on that paint. Wax it and compare.
Bingo and it only took 15 posts

Remove the blinders and apply a good wax like S100 or Adams butter.Fights acid rain etching and hard water spots.

Last edited by QUAKEJAKE; 04-18-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Onyasix
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by QUAKEJAKE
Bingo and it only took 15 posts

Remove the blinders and apply a good wax like S100 or Adams butter.Fights acid rain etching and hard water spots.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/car-...-products.html
Old 04-18-2010, 09:42 PM
Silverspeed
Team Owner

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15

I wash my DD with that soap that has wax in it. It hasn't been properly waxed in two years and it beads just like that.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:54 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I use NXT 2.0 and am very happy with it. I agree that Zaino looks great and does an outstanding job.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:56 PM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Sorry I did not realize this was the Car Care Section.
Reread your link paragraph #4 please.
I would not dream of going into that section and dissing someones opinion or product.That's why they call this section General Discussion. We are ALL having a discussion of a subject.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Chets LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

rnadom question, I have about 2 coats of z5 and 3-4 coats of z2, can I use some z-pc or will it remove my previous work, Im also trying to fill in some micro marring/scratches
Old 04-19-2010, 06:12 AM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,917 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
Just put a coat of Rejex on it and call it a day. Just reading the Zaino site makes you tired.
Those instructions don't have to be followed to the letter though, they are simply a more detailed instruction on how to do things if you want maximum results. But in all honesty, I have found that even if I don't follow all the steps, I still get awesome results from Zaino products. For instance, in the early days when I started using it (around 96) I never bothered putting down a coat of Z1 first. But yet just by using Z2 alone I got a great shine and great durability. And I started using Zaino once again this weekend and didn't bother with ZFX at all, I just washed the car with dish detergent first and then put on some Z5. The results were great! The shine looks awesome to me!

So if you don't want to follow all the steps, you don't have to, you can simply throw on a coat of Z2 or Z5 all by itself and I know you'll be happy with the shine.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:16 AM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,917 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Originally Posted by Chets Z06
rnadom question, I have about 2 coats of z5 and 3-4 coats of z2, can I use some z-pc or will it remove my previous work, Im also trying to fill in some micro marring/scratches
Using ZPC will indeed remove any previous layers of Z5 and Z2, so you'll need to start all over again afterwards. If it's just minor marring, why not try a few more coats of Z5? On the LA Zaino site they mention that it's sometimes good to put on a thicker coat of Z5 at first in order to help hide imperfections better:

If your car is older or the paint is highly swirled, you may find that the first few coats of polish need to be a bit thicker than subsequent coats. I once helped put the first few coats of Z-5 on a badly swirled five-year-old black Mustang. My extremely thin first coat left a splotchy, half-polished looking surface. I put the second and third coats on a bit thicker than normal and after the third coat, the swirls had mostly filled in and the surface was exhibiting that wonderful Zaino shine.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:46 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Not a surprise, users have been saying this for over a decade.

I do TWO apps a year on a DD that includes sleet, snow, ice and yes even road grime and salt. And the stuff still protects and beads.

Tom
Old 04-19-2010, 08:28 AM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Location: Stafford VA, home of our wolf den. No house break ins to date.
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
Well Wolfdogs I started out when I bought my Vette with Adams Buttery Wax, then I tried Nattys Red Paste Wax, moved on to NXT 2.0, then Satin Gloss and now Rejex so I am getting closer to the Zaino madness. Assuming the car is properly prepared what one Zaino product do you then apply? That to me is the confusing part when I read the info on their site.
z5pro...mixed with zfx.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:47 AM
AirBusPilot
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfdogs
z5pro...mixed with zfx.
I found out here in phoenix with our low humidity that the zfx is not needed.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:01 AM
ddwims
Advanced

nice...
Old 04-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Onyasix
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by QUAKEJAKE
Sorry I did not realize this was the Car Care Section.
Reread your link paragraph #4 please.
I would not dream of going into that section and dissing someones opinion or product.That's why they call this section General Discussion. We are ALL having a discussion of a subject.
I checked with cor08vette, this rule applies to all sections.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Zaino lasts - here's the proof