C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Grand Sport 427

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 07:17 PM
xcutter
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Default 2010 Grand Sport 427

When you think that you have seen it all, guess again. At the Palm Beach Corvette Show yesterday, I came across this car. It turns out (according to the owner) that Schumacher Chevrolet in North Palm Beach put these 427 emblems on the car and displayed it in their showroom for two weeks. The owner was thrilled with these emblems and has no intentions of ever removing them. The car has a stock LS3 engine and won "Top Ten" in the car show.

Thats it, I am getting ZR1 emblems for my Z06

Old 04-18-2010, 07:20 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,239 Likes on 910 Posts

Badges?
Old 04-18-2010, 07:22 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Yet another example of idiocy.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:24 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,921 Likes on 4,807 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
Yet another example of idiocy.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Corvette_Outlaw
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wait for it...........I hear all the Grand Sport haters coming right now
Old 04-18-2010, 07:34 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by xcutter
Chevrolet in North Palm Beach put these 427 emblems on the car and displayed it in their showroom for two weeks.

The car has a stock LS3 engine and won "Top Ten" in the car show.

I'm "NOT" being a hater, but does anyone here really think its "FAIR" that some guy goes out and buys a "Brand New" car, enter it in a car show against some guy who busted his Azz on a 1965 original, and he loses to something that is 3 weeks old ??

Even if I had the $$ to buy a ZR1 I would never enter it in a car show.. Hell a ZR1 is no better than my 05 Z51 as long as I wax the S**T out of my car .. I'm sure you guys get the point...

The only way I would give that car any credit is it it were in a "CLASS of C6 only and then only 09 or newer...!! JMO
Old 04-18-2010, 07:36 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

When you think that you have seen it all, guess again. At the Palm Beach Corvette Show yesterday, I came across this car. It turns out (according to the owner) that Schumacher Chevrolet in North Palm Beach put these 427 emblems on the car and displayed it in their showroom for two weeks. The owner was thrilled with these emblems and has no intentions of ever removing them. The car has a stock LS3 engine and won "Top Ten" in the car show.

Thats it, I am getting ZR1 emblems for my Z06

Those 427 badges above the chrome grand sport badge really set it off.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:39 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
Those 427 badges above the chrome grand sport badge really set it off.

Yea ...But it Ain't A 427... Same as Paris Hilton saying she is a Virgin
Old 04-18-2010, 07:43 PM
lockman
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jpee
that's just funny there
Old 04-18-2010, 07:57 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Originally Posted by jpee
Do some research on the original Corvette Grand Sports, and you will find that it ain't a Grand Sport either.
But rather a feeble attempt by GM to capitalize and cash in on the storied legacy of the original Grand Sports, by taking a base C6 Vette and adding a Z06 wide body kit on it.

That's no more of a "Grand Sport" than what some weekender can build in his garage with parts ordered from Gene. Indeed, we had people in here building those in here years ago, "wide bodies" and we didn't call them "Grand Sports". What's the difference??? Why is that a Grand Sport and these aren't???

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...-see-them.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...re-thread.html

But I don't see you griping about it's Grand Sport badge. So leave him alone about the 427 badges.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:57 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by Corvette_Outlaw
:beatdeadhor se:

OMG did one of them just say My overpriced GS isnt really a GS. What's next
Old 04-18-2010, 08:00 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Do some research on the original Corvette Grand Sports, and you will find that it ain't a Grand Sport either.
But rather a feeble attempt by GM to capitalize and cash in on the storied legacy of the original Grand Sports, by taking a base C6 Vette and adding a Z06 wide body kit on it.

That's no more of a "Grand Sport" than what some weekender can build in his garage with parts ordered from Gene. Indeed, we had people in here building those in here years ago, "wide bodies" and we didn't call them "Grand Sports". What's the difference??? Why is that a Grand Sport and these aren't???

But I don't see you griping about it's Grand Sport badge. So leave him alone about the 427 badges.
QS sweetie now You KNOW there is more to themthan that and the KIT CARS. Now confess U REALLY want to take NURC for a spin
Old 04-18-2010, 08:03 PM
xcutter
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

If GM decides to call it a Grand Sport, then it is a Grand Sport. That is their right to create a new Grand Sport configured anyway they like. If a Chevrolet Dealer decides to stick a 427 badge on any non 427 Corvette, that is just lame and false representation of the car (especially sitting in the show room).
Old 04-18-2010, 08:05 PM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Location: Stafford VA, home of our wolf den. No house break ins to date.
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

"the dealer did it'... thats like blaming the fart on the dog...... uh huh.....
Old 04-18-2010, 08:06 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Originally Posted by DebRedGSVert10
QS sweetie now You KNOW there is more to Him than that.and U REALLY want to take NURC for a spin
Aw shucks. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww shucks......:bb I like it when ladies call me "sweetie".

Ok,ok, ok.... I admit it, that was the whole reason why I posted that was because I knew it would get you mad and you would call me "sweetie".

I also notice you spell "him" with a capital "H". Usually when people do that in the middle of a sentence, they are referring to God. Is that who you are referring to, or are you referring to your new car?

But really, what is the difference between what we refer to as the grand sport now and these

and don't you think these should be "grandfathered" in seeing as how they blazed the trail and more or less "ran the gauntlet" for cars like the one we call grand sport now?

BTW, what do you think of those 427 badges?

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 04-18-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:08 PM
craig04c5
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

That's just wrong. He's a poser. The car show judges should be ashamed of themselves. I don't care how good it looked he is being dishonest and true Corvette enthusiasts should let him know it, not reward him.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:16 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

If GM decides to call it a Grand Sport, then it is a Grand Sport. That is their right to create a new Grand Sport configured anyway they like
Well I'll be damned. So that's the way it works, huh?

Damn. I'm glad they didn't get a hankering to call it a Mustang.

If a Chevrolet Dealer decides to stick a 427 badge on any non 427 Corvette, that is just lame and false representation of the car (especially sitting in the show room).
Oh give the guy a break xcutter, you're talking like an "elitist". If part of the fun in ownership for him is putting a 427 badge on it, then let him alone.

I have become a lot more liberal and laid back about this whole thing.

It wouldn't bother me if he had stuck a Z06 badge above that grand sport badge already on it and put in a Wil Cooksey console and 427 floor mats in it.

Get notified of new replies

To 2010 Grand Sport 427

Old 04-18-2010, 08:19 PM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Outlaw
OK I'll bite for fun. Not a hater of prospective GS buyers.They are like wide eyed blonds looking at a 1 carat solitaire through a jewelers case.
I certainly would never buy anything from that dealer.False advertising may be one reason.If I were a GM exec.reading this I'd rip them a new one.
Adding things to any car with the creds. of a Vette degrades its history as an iconic part of Americana and disrespects ALL Corvette owners.
You pay for a ZR1 you should get a ZR1,as well as a ZO6 and a GS.Getting something for nothing is what this countries population is beginning to sadly expect lately.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:22 PM
Shopping4MyVette
Intermediate

next thing you know, a Mustang will win at a Vette show...
Old 04-18-2010, 08:26 PM
g9m3c
Instructor

That reminds me of a guy I faintly know through work. He has a black C6 and don't get me wrong, the car looks great and sounds stout (lots of mods). However, he has Z06 badges on it. Things like this ruins any credibility the owners had.

Quick Reply: 2010 Grand Sport 427