Happy customer, got to have product! - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happy customer, got to have product!

Old 04-20-2010, 05:11 PM
iridelow
CF Senior Member

Default Happy customer, got to have product!

To start with, I am not a vender and do not sell these things, but WOW! What a difference. I have an 05 vert with borla stingers and love the sound. But on the interstate and highway speeds, the car is just kind of loud. Not just from the exhaust, but from road noise. So I bought the new "blockit' insolation kit sold here on the forum. Not the kind that requires you to remove the carpet or anything. Just put two pads behind the seats and one pad in you truck, or cargo area for a coupe. I drove my car at 70+ MPH for a good ways last night and WOW!!! Much smoother and peacefull sound. The stereo sounded better and the car just seems so much quieter in the cab area. I have had a C6 coupe and now have a C6 vert, and I promise you, this thing works! Just wanted to shout out a nice mod.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:25 PM
coryvte
CF Senior Member

Priceless

First, make it louder with Stingers,
then make it quieter with Blockit.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:31 PM
VettinFan
CF Senior Member

Your report has solidified many of the positive comments I've read here about the product. I like leaving my NPP open, so this will allow me to help subside the cockpit noise, while maintaining that great sound outside. Thanks for your post.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:34 PM
iridelow
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by coryvte View Post
Priceless

First, make it louder with Stingers,
then make it quieter with Blockit.
Like I said, it's not just the exhaust. Our cars have pretty harsh road noise, like any other vette made. True the C6 is a little more refined and somewhat quiter than the C5, but the Blockit kit makes it feel like a C7 will ride. Just more refined, less road noise and just kind of "sealed" inside the cab. Try it, it's hard to explain. But I am happy!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:20 PM
gp56
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Block it helped in my car also.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:31 AM
TKO Performance
Premium Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by iridelow View Post
To start with, I am not a vender and do not sell these things, but WOW! What a difference. I have an 05 vert with borla stingers and love the sound. But on the interstate and highway speeds, the car is just kind of loud. Not just from the exhaust, but from road noise. So I bought the new "blockit' insolation kit sold here on the forum. Not the kind that requires you to remove the carpet or anything. Just put two pads behind the seats and one pad in you truck, or cargo area for a coupe. I drove my car at 70+ MPH for a good ways last night and WOW!!! Much smoother and peacefull sound. The stereo sounded better and the car just seems so much quieter in the cab area. I have had a C6 coupe and now have a C6 vert, and I promise you, this thing works! Just wanted to shout out a nice mod.

Fantatsic! Great to hear everyone! Real glad your happy with our product, Blockit.
Thank you iridelow for the thread/write up!
Whats nice is it takes a bite out of the cabin noise yet it lets the sweet sound of your Borlas come through when you get on it!

Again, thanks everybody for posting. Enjoy what your not missing....
Ed

Serving The Corvette Forum For 16 Years!

Allow us to add you to the list of extremely satisfied customers.
Order Securely Online 24/7: http://tkoperformance.com/index.html
Feel Free To Contact Us By Phone: Monday- Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm

Click Here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TKO-Pe...e/367433626633

Last edited by TKO Performance; 04-22-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:08 AM
PCMusicGuy
CF Senior Member

I like the idea of this product but I access the cargo holders (both sides) frequently. How much sound enters from there? If it is insignificant I could always cut off the "ears" of the cargo mat right?
Old 04-22-2010, 12:48 PM
T's C6
CF Senior Member

I am waiting for mine to come in. Ordered Sunday.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:52 PM
LS WON
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by TKO Performance View Post
Fantatsic! Great to hear everyone! Real glad your happy with our product, Blockit.
Thank you iridelow for the thread/write up!
Whats nice is it takes a bite out of the cabin noise yet it lets the sweet sound of your Borlas come through when you get on it!

Again, thanks everybody for posting. Enjoy what your not missing....
Ed
What's the price and availability of this product?
Old 04-22-2010, 03:18 PM
iridelow
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy View Post
I like the idea of this product but I access the cargo holders (both sides) frequently. How much sound enters from there? If it is insignificant I could always cut off the "ears" of the cargo mat right?
I have a LLoyds rear mat as well and you can lift up both mats very easy to get to the cargo area. I use my little pockets all the time as well. No problems to get to.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:24 PM
harry2
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by iridelow View Post
I have a LLoyds rear mat as well and you can lift up both mats very easy to get to the cargo area. I use my little pockets all the time as well. No problems to get to.
I just got my GS vert, does the "blockit" cushion mat really make a difference with the top down, or just in the top up position? What is more important for noise reduction, the behind the seat cushions, or the trunk, or are both needed to reduce the road noise? Let me know, I may want to order the set for my vert.

Thanks,

Harry
Old 04-22-2010, 08:24 PM
BB 2005
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11, '13

I just ordered today, had to pay full price and shipping ($251) so I am really disappointed I missed the group buy, but this still sounds like just the ticket to go for a quiet ride with the wife (NPP Closed). I was thinking today while I had the top down, that it will only help when I have the top on, but that is just a guess. I'll post again after I get it installed.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:28 PM
iridelow
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by harry2 View Post
I just got my GS vert, does the "blockit" cushion mat really make a difference with the top down, or just in the top up position? What is more important for noise reduction, the behind the seat cushions, or the trunk, or are both needed to reduce the road noise? Let me know, I may want to order the set for my vert.

Thanks,

Harry
It helps in both ways, top up or down! With the top up, the cab is about 50% better. With the top down, it still gives you a better ride by reducing the road noise. I don't know if the trunk mat works better or the behind the seats mats, but I just used the whole set and LOVE the results! Seriously....Make the car feel like a whole new vehicle, noise wise! And I swear, with the top up, it sounds like my stock Bose stereo has a better amp installed!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 11:48 PM
Gearhead Jim
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy View Post
If desired, you could mark the proper location, remove from trunk, and carefully cut a slit in the Blockit matt so it would be easier to lift that one section up. Or cut out that section competely and just lay it in place.

I've even got a Lloyds mat on top of it and it's still not a big problem getting into the cubbys, so I haven't modified it.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:03 AM
jojog
CF Senior Member

TKO Blockit, Attack Filter and Firestone Wide Ovals (RFT) have made my car much more pleasurable to drive and ride in as a passenger (per wife). The combo described, coupled with the MTW allows one to go from screaming banshi to refined cruiser in a click. Thanks again, Ed!
Old 05-02-2010, 05:27 PM
BB 2005
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11, '13
Default Wife noticed the difference!

Originally Posted by BB 2005 View Post
I just ordered today, had to pay full price and shipping ($251) so I am really disappointed I missed the group buy, but this still sounds like just the ticket to go for a quiet ride with the wife (NPP Closed). I was thinking today while I had the top down, that it will only help when I have the top on, but that is just a guess. I'll post again after I get it installed.
installed yesterday, wife noticed the difference! Works for me. Seems to work despite the lack of software or complex electronics
Old 05-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Xedes
CF Senior Member

Will this interfere with the Madvette's cargo divider?
Old 05-02-2010, 10:52 PM
check6x
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I have Nitto Invos' on order and I hope they make a significant difference (less dB).
Old 05-02-2010, 10:55 PM
SinCityJets
CF Senior Member

A link to purchase??
Old 05-03-2010, 03:03 AM
LS WON
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by BB 2005 View Post
Yes do let us know if it works to your satisfaction unfortunately this company doesn't except credit cards so I will hold off for now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Happy customer, got to have product!

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: