C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'No Disc Loaded' Message with a CD In

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 04:36 PM
shakinrock
Pro

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Default 'No Disc Loaded' Message with a CD In

I'm having an issue with my CD changer which is integrated with the NAV. It's an '07. When I pop up the NAV screen and insert a CD, then close the NAV screen and hit 'CD' on the touch screen it says 'No Disc Loaded'.

I just purchased the car and this is the first time I've tried to use the system. The owners manual refers to a 'Load' button but the only thing I see is the eject hard button behind the NAV touch screen.

Is this a case of bad user on devise (me) or is the unit broke?

When I first push the eject button I head the mechanism engaged but nothing comes out so I assumed nothing was in there to start.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-29-2010, 04:44 PM
rchbn
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shakinrock
I'm having an issue with my CD changer which is integrated with the NAV. It's an '07. When I pop up the NAV screen and insert a CD, then close the NAV screen and hit 'CD' on the touch screen it says 'No Disc Loaded'.

I just purchased the car and this is the first time I've tried to use the system. The owners manual refers to a 'Load' button but the only thing I see is the eject hard button behind the NAV touch screen.

Is this a case of bad user on devise (me) or is the unit broke?

When I first push the eject button I head the mechanism engaged but nothing comes out so I assumed nothing was in there to start.

Any thoughts?
Is the CD store bought or something you burned? Try a store bought disc and see if that works.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:45 PM
shakinrock
Pro

it was a store bought CD but I'll try anoither any way
Old 04-29-2010, 05:53 PM
vette4jr
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Are you 100% sure you are putting it in the CD slot, and not the NAV DVD slot?

Is it possible you do not have a NAV DVD inserted, and you are using the wrong slot?

Hit the eject button for both and see what spits out of each slot, and go from there...

Stranger things have happened to us cool vette owners!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:48 PM
shakinrock
Pro

good questions, but the NAV disc is in the NAV slot and the NAV works, the player takes the CD in the CD slot but cannopt seem to recognize it
Old 04-29-2010, 07:31 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

I would try a few different commercial CDs but if none of them work, then my bet would be on a dirty laser lense...it can't read the disc. You might also try a home burned disc too...
Old 05-02-2010, 08:34 PM
SquashAZ
Advanced

Originally Posted by cclive
I would try a few different commercial CDs but if none of them work, then my bet would be on a dirty laser lense...it can't read the disc. You might also try a home burned disc too...
I just bought my Z and am having the same problem with all disc and I am using the right slot. I tried to clean it with no change...Might be time for a replacement unit, ouch...Any idea of the cost from Chevy???????
Old 05-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Deftly
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I have had that happen on occasion. I found that if I cleaned the CD it worked every time. I use lens cleaner and a microfiber cloth. Can't hurt to try.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:11 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Phantom
I have had that happen on occasion. I found that if I cleaned the CD it worked every time. I use lens cleaner and a microfiber cloth. Can't hurt to try.
Good tip.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:02 PM
Gman's 14
Advanced

Default no disc loaded

I just bought a 06 convertible with the nav. screen and as im driving it home, I slide in a disc and get the no disc loaded message. I ejected and inserted the disc approx. ten times, and boom ,it starts working.Just my two cents.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:14 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,013 Likes on 2,171 Posts

Dust on either the top or bottom of the lens, or lower down in the mirror section of the laser assembly instead.

You can try using a can of compressed air to see if you can blow the dust out from the through the CD slot with the radio still in the car, but may have to pull the radio out of the car, then apart to be able to aim the compressed air on the needed surfaces to clean the dust off them.
Note, black cap plate on top of the laser assembly pops off, and then you can get the nozzle of the can of compressed air to blow off the dust on both the bottom of lens, as well as the prism mirror below the lens.

Get notified of new replies

To 'No Disc Loaded' Message with a CD In

Quick Reply: 'No Disc Loaded' Message with a CD In