C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ipod integration for c6 no satalite or nav

Old 05-14-2010, 03:37 PM
veryhot
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ipod integration for c6 no satalite or nav

I spent alot of time searching for a way to conect my ipod to the factory bose stereo, i dont have nav or xm, and i was getting terrible reception with the fm transmitter. there is no 3.5mm plug on this units faceplate, i visited bose, chevy dealer and even called customer service at gm, no solid answers, visited car audio shops where they wanted to sell me a new system, nothing wrong with mine. the answer was right under my nose the whole time, i am not afiliated with anyone to promote any product, my solution was at best buy for $175 i bought the I simple tranzit i pod connection and antenna connections and in less than one hour i had easily installed the kit. i still have to operate the play list by the ipod but sound quality is cd quality the kit integrates into the antenna with no harness splice except one 12v and ground that i connected into the accesory charger in the center console. by tuning to one of two fm channels that are selected by a dip switch on this unit that easily fits behind the radio i can play the ipod and it keeps it charged also. hope i could help anyone looking for a solid solution to this problem, also note i could not find and 3.5mm plug on the new 2010 grandsports vette on the showroom floor so apparently gm figures vette owners still dont own ipods although everything else gm offers has this plug. well hope i could help!
Old 05-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

The new version of the PAL should work. It is still in beta test stages but should be out fairly soon. I've had one sitting in my garage for 2 months waiting for them to finish the updates.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:47 PM
veryhot
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats nice but i could not get any answer if my bose was satalite capable does this pal have such requirements, and also note i walked into best buy today pulled this off the shelf installed it myself in very little time and didnt have too reprogram my radio by the dealer, didnt have to order online or wait for someone else to install a week later. im not trying to challenge anyones choices or favorites, im just saying anyone could easily do this today and be done in three hours that include fetching it from bestbuy provided they dont live on a deserted island or some remote area.

Get notified of new replies

To ipod integration for c6 no satalite or nav

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ipod integration for c6 no satalite or nav