C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

water in rear storage? what the?????

Old 05-29-2010, 11:55 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 434 Likes on 371 Posts

It would be great to see even one picture of this area where people are finding leaks. Finding "an area" doesn't really provide much info
Old 05-29-2010, 04:10 PM
jcapps
Drifting

Received 546 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hello,

I do apologize for your experience. I will be happy to look into this further for you if you would like. Please send me the following in a private message:

First and Last Name:
VIN:
Telephone Number:
Dealership:

Geoff Allen
Chevrolet Customer Service
PM sent. Thanks
Old 06-02-2010, 08:40 PM
jcapps
Drifting

wanted to follow up on this issue. I want to thank the Chevy Customer Service Rep above and my dealers service manager. they have completely followed through. I received a call today from my dealers service manager and they are ordering me replacement books and mailing them out to me. My dealer, Rydell in Northridge CA has a great service dept to begin with and they contacted me promptly to let me know they are handling this.

I was happy with them befpore and now ecstatic

Thanks to the rep above, I never thought to ask for new books

Joe
Old 06-02-2010, 08:47 PM
XEUROTRASHOWNER
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with this. It sounds like your vehicle is still under warranty. I would suggest having them fix this problem for you. If you would like me to contact a dealer and set up an appointment, let me know. I am happy to help. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Geoff Allen
Nice to know gm does care
Old 06-02-2010, 09:05 PM
okbkvette
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I should also follow up, more than the PM's i have sent. My selling dealer did a nice job and very promptly. I do wish they had taken a picture and let me put it on the web, but they didn't do that. But I did talk extensively to the service manager to get as much information as possible.
I was told the leak was above the passenger side cargo light. That you could see a gap in the seems from inside the car. To repair it, they had to pull off the rear and right corner panel. They used sealant, put the quarter panel and rear bumper cover back on, water tested after an overnight drying time, and all seems fine.
I had thought perhaps that it was something to do with the drains in the front of the hatch, but no, it was at the back.
Haven't had rain or washed it since the dealer, so haven't checked it out myself. But I suspect that they fixed it. I would bet others having the same problem should look in the same area, behind/above the passenger side cargo light.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:38 PM
jcapps
Drifting

My leak was on the drivers side. Mine is a z06 and the battery is on the pass side
Old 06-17-2010, 06:49 PM
GotChrist?
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GM Cust Srvc set up a file for me which entailed taking car into the dealer, paying for the diagnostic, mailing the paperwork to Chevy, then wait to see if they would pay for the repair.

My 05's drivers side heated seat went out this past spring so decided to have them look both over. Took the dealer two days to figure out the leak source and as OP learned, it's behind the right rear fender. The plant forgot to seal a seem. Dealer said they'd take care of it as it was easier for them to get an OK from GM than it would be for me to go back and forth thru the arbitration process. Car should be ready to tomorrow and GM has already OK'd the repair.
I bought my car used, not from this dealership (Colonial Chevy in Va Beach). I was looking at buying Ford Flex to replace my aging Dodge pickemup truck, but have decided to buy a Chevy thru Colonial in the near future. I like this kind of customer service.

Thanks to the OP for bringing this topic up as I had looked at it as nuisance instead of something that needed correcting. Thanks to GM for honoring their commitment to quality beyond the warranty period. (If the sealant had failed I wouldn't ask GM to fix it. Age happens.)
Old 07-31-2012, 12:51 PM
flipipino
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am now having an issue with a leaking trunk. My whole trunk area was wet. My service writer just contacted me and says that the car will be going to the body shop. He says the panels are sperating and the rear end will need to come down. I hope this will be covered under warranty like he says. Sounds serious to me.. This car is an 09 with less than 20K miles.

Last edited by flipipino; 07-31-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:16 PM
cashs_mom
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wildmanht
Now that is what I would call customer service!
Good to know someone has gotten good customer service from GM. I just got off the phone with them. Not so much here . . .
Old 07-31-2012, 07:15 PM
SilverScorp
Safety Car

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with this. It sounds like your vehicle is still under warranty. I would suggest having them fix this problem for you. If you would like me to contact a dealer and set up an appointment, let me know. I am happy to help. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Geoff Allen
Can we clone you and put one in every Chevy Dealership please?
Old 07-31-2012, 07:25 PM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

Dang, I better check my two 09's. Never thought to look down in the cubby holes after washing, one is a Z06 and the other is a coupe.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:27 PM
rapidroy
Instructor

Originally Posted by jcapps
I had the exact same problem in my 08 Z06. Dealed resealed it. But it all my manuals where destroyed by mold. Had to toss them amd have yet to buy new ones. I think Chevy should replace them but no one offered
Joe,
Good to see you online! I was going to chime in but then I saw your post. Your old Z is running as strong as ever.

Repaired the chin spoiler that I cracked on the way home, got a clear bra installed, did the muffler mod, and had Abel Chev change all the fluids with Amsoil. Running great.

Enjoy,
Roy
Old 08-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 675 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by flipipino
I am now having an issue with a leaking trunk. My whole trunk area was wet. My service writer just contacted me and says that the car will be going to the body shop. He says the panels are sperating and the rear end will need to come down. I hope this will be covered under warranty like he says. Sounds serious to me.. This car is an 09 with less than 20K miles.
flipipino,

I'm sorry you are having this issue. Please keep me updated on your situation.

Evan, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 08-01-2012, 10:54 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Look at the bright side. When you go on a trip, you can take your pet goldfish with you.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Nice going Geoff.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 288 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by chevy cust svc
hello,

i do apologize for your experience. I will be happy to look into this further for you if you would like. Please send me the following in a private message:

First and last name:
Vin:
Telephone number:
Dealership:

Geoff allen
chevrolet customer service
bs !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 01:10 PM
flipipino
Heel & Toe

flipipino,

I'm sorry you are having this issue. Please keep me updated on your situation.

Evan, Chevrolet Customer Service
I will. Sending you a PM..

Get notified of new replies

To water in rear storage? what the?????

Old 08-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Lmittell
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bario
Well this is what I found as well. Spent the day pulling off the rear trim and using a hose. Found a section where the water started running in where it was not properly sealed. Methinks a tube of silicone will fix it up for good.
Photos?
Old 08-06-2012, 05:34 PM
flipipino
Heel & Toe

Default Z in the shop

Amazing, Car is still in the shop. Per the dealer, they are still waiting on GM with a FIX? How much longer?
Old 08-11-2012, 07:57 AM
flipipino
Heel & Toe

Default Pics

Originally Posted by cclive
It would be great to see even one picture of this area where people are finding leaks. Finding "an area" doesn't really provide much info
Dealer found the leaks! http://www.prioritycollisionchesapeake.com has been working with GM to correct the problem. Highly recommend for customer service and professionalism.. I have been working with the Asst Mgr- Great to work with..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: water in rear storage? what the?????