C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roof Recall

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 05:21 PM
John B.
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Roof Recall

Got a new roof from the dealer yesterday,picked the car up at sundown.rep returns car,says roof has been completed,looked at the roof an i could see swirls and scatches in the paint.Service manager tells me to bring the car back and he will send it back to the shop.How could you have a costumer come in and see his car this way dealers GM still has a long way to go.Took the car to my guys,and they did a great job cleaning up the roof.no more dealers
Old 06-05-2010, 08:59 PM
kellf190
Instructor

I dropped my top off at the dealer, after 8 days they called for me to come in and pick it up. It had a 2 inch scratch in the clear coat. I know it will not stay perfect but I could see no good reason for me to accept this. That was a week ago and I have not heard from them since. It is a good thing I have both tops.

Had to take the car in for the 1st recall and leave it. This recall will take at least 3 trips to the dealer... All because they could not design the top right in the first (or second) place. No wonder they went broke.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Vet
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by John B.
Got a new roof from the dealer yesterday,picked the car up at sundown.rep returns car,says roof has been completed,looked at the roof an i could see swirls and scatches in the paint.Service manager tells me to bring the car back and he will send it back to the shop.How could you have a costumer come in and see his car this way dealers GM still has a long way to go.Took the car to my guys,and they did a great job cleaning up the roof.no more dealers
Which dealer?
Old 06-06-2010, 08:20 AM
cmdrzero
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Relatively satisfied

Even though the manager of the body shop at Ourismans (Gaithersburg MD) didn't return my initial calls for about 1 1/2 weeks, once they got the car in they did a good job on my DSOM. With my insistence I got a rental vehicle for free for 2 days while they finished the job. Good paint match. What a car! What a country!
Old 06-06-2010, 12:04 PM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

On the other side of the fence, I got the recall letter, called the dealer, dropped off the top for reskinning & paint.

Retreived it about a week later as they did the 'active handling' safety recall and couldn't be more satisfied despite our conditioned reluctance of potential mediocre workmanship.

VAN CHEVROLET- Scottsdale, Arizona . . .they sponsor our Corvette Club and as it's come to service, support and recalls . . .they get it done.

Guess the point is: not all dealers are created equal....there are good ones out there.

Last edited by CQRT; 06-08-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:03 AM
John B.
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Atlantic Chevy Bay shore LI
Old 06-08-2010, 12:26 AM
Torch Ace
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I took my wifes MY in for the top replacement last week and the dealer did a great job. Paint matches and looks perfect. no swirls/great job. There are good dealers out there.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:30 AM
ejbarre
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are truly excellent GM dealers out there. I went in for the recalls & they ordered my new roof, 5 days later, they called me & told me my new roof was painted & ready to be installed. They took care of both recalls at the same time, 4 hours later I was a happy camper. Excellent worksmanship. I received a call a week later from the service manager to make sure everything was OK. Reliable Chevrolet, appropriate name for a Dealer.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Took my dealer 4 times, and many messed up damaged things to get it right.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:51 PM
djgrelli
Racer

Took my top (2005) in for the recall and of course they had to order the top. Took 3 weeks of waiting for the top to be painted. Went in last Thursday to pick up the top and this top makes more noises (snapping) then the one they replaced. Paint job is perfect headliner all looks good just the noise bothers the hell out of me. Funny thing is it only makes the noise during the day when the sun is baking on it. At night I don't hear a sound. Is there some kind of adjustment they can do on this top. Either it's too loose or too tight. I even thought about some lube on the gasket along the windshield. I hate to take it back because I know they will just screw it up. Dealership is JBA in Glen Burnie, Maryland. I usually used Take Chevrolet of Annapolis. Guess I should have went there
Old 06-08-2010, 02:44 PM
CC Rider
Instructor

Originally Posted by CQRT
On the other side of the fence, I got the recall letter, called the dealer, dropped off the top for reskinning & paint.

Retreived it about a week later as they did the 'active handling' safety recall and couldn't be more satisfied despite our conditioned reluctance of potential mediocre workmanship.

VAN CHEVROLET- Scottsdale, Arizona . . .they sponsor our Corvette Club and as it's come to service, support and recalls . . .they get it done.

Guess the point is: not all dealers are created equal....there are good ones out there.
Yes, and check your location and demographics-Scottsdale? Rich folk, so guess what-better service and dealers, not just in the car arena, but everything else!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:55 PM
HoustonTX
Instructor

Very happy with Robbin’s Chevrolet in Humble, TX (north of Houston).

Brought my recall notice in, said they would order the new roof and call when ready. About a week later they called and said it was painted and ready for install.

I was in and out in about an hour – roof fits perfectly, paint (Machine Silver) matches perfectly. I left a satisfied customer!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:18 PM
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by HoustonTX
Very happy with Robbin’s Chevrolet in Humble, TX (north of Houston).

Brought my recall notice in, said they would order the new roof and call when ready. About a week later they called and said it was painted and ready for install.

I was in and out in about an hour – roof fits perfectly, paint (Machine Silver) matches perfectly. I left a satisfied customer!
Marathon chevrolet = JOKE!

called about the recall with roof and steering connector. told me to bring the car in.

i bring the car in. 3 hours later i get a call, sorry. we dont have any of those parts here.

3 weeks later i get a call on thursday saying the roof in painted and ready. i call on friday to schedule and appointment. guess what. they've already used the steering recal clip that they orderd for me.

tell me they can get one on monday. so i schedule for tuesday morning.
i show up tuesday,, sorry sir, the clip isn't here yet. i go look at the roof. and thats all it is.. no latches, no hoodliner, boy i was pissed. im like WTF.. then i put the shell of a roof on to see if it matches.. NOPE. I left them the car and told them it better be ready tomorrow. Body shop said it would. I dont know about the repair side. we will see...

One thing is that the Body shop has there **** together.. its the Circus JOKE of a repair and service department that just needs to be shot!

Now they tell me that they are closing their doors on Thursday. GREAT and not surprised! i will NEVER go to another Marathon dealer ever.

-Carl

Get notified of new replies

To Roof Recall

Quick Reply: Roof Recall