C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vette Candy - New Real Carbon Fiber Vendor (But Not Exactly New) - FREE GIVEAWAY

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 06:29 PM
VetteCandy
Supporting Vendor

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Vette Candy - New Real Carbon Fiber Vendor (But Not Exactly New) - FREE GIVEAWAY

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce our expansion into the C6 Corvette community here on the forum, and on the internet, with a full line of interior REAL carbon fiber parts. We will also be adding exterior trim items as well as engine bay parts in the next few months. As the title states, we are a new vendor, but we are not new to the forum. Some of you already know me from Down South Vettes where I have been the sales manager for the last two years.

DSV has been offering carbon fiber parts on a limited basis for the past year, but due to the ever-expanding leather products line, we had not been able to devote the necessary time and effort needed for the carbon fiber shop. These items are extremely labor intensive and require much time and effort to do it right. Vette Candy was created as a partner company to DSV, with the intention of devoting 100% of its efforts towards bringing the C6 community these sought after items. Our team of skilled craftsmen has ample experience in working with carbon fiber, carbon fiber / Kevlar hybrids, as well as fiberglass. We are also going to be offering hydrocarbon products, including those done up in the correct matching patterns for the ’08-’09 and ’10 cars. Parts painted to match your exterior body color will also be available. In real carbon fiber, we will be offering both laminated OEM parts, as well as overlays. All of our parts are going to be checked for proper fitment before being sent out, that way no modification of any type will be needed during install.

Vette Candy is going to be closely affiliated with and will count with the full backing of DS Vettes. As a matter of fact, I will still continue working part time at DSV and will even be located in the same office building. At Vette Candy, you can expect the same friendly, customer service oriented approach which DSV is well-known for. Our parts are going to be sold with a full satisfaction guarantee so that you can buy with confidence. Most important of all, we are going to try our best to make buying carbon fiber parts fun. Up until now, there have been a very limited number of companies out there offering high-quality interior carbon fiber products. The stratospheric pricing on these items has put them out of reach of many forum members who would like to install them on their cars. Vette Candy is going to change that by offering top-quality items which are actually affordable and without the HUGE Corvette tax.

The instrument cluster pod bezel and radio bezel which we are rolling out today are the first of many items which we will be bringing to market. Both OEM pieces have been fully-laminated in REAL carbon fiber. We have seen similar pieces going for up to $1,500 for the cluster pod bezel, and $950 for the radio bezel. We are still working on our price points and would like to do a survey as to what you would consider a fair price for these items (please give us your opinion on both). Please keep in mind that the raw materials do not come cheap and it is very labor intensive to do the job right. In order to start out on the right foot, everybody who participates by giving us their opinion will automatically be registered for a free giveaway of a set of door lock faceplate overlays in real carbon fiber or in hydrocarbon – your choice. Drawing for this will be in one week (6/15/10)

You can reach us anytime by phone at 956-238-4714, via instant Messenger at vette_candy@yahoo.com, via email at vette_candy@yahoo.com. We are usually in the office until 1:00 am CST so don’t be afraid to contact us late. Our webmaster is hard at work on our internet page - vettecandy.com – and this will be up and running soon.

Thank you all for your kind attention.

Lino
General Manager – VetteCandy.com

Last edited by VetteCandy; 06-11-2010 at 04:59 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:53 PM
XCELER8
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AWESOME!!!!

I will be calling.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:02 PM
DS Vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome aboard Lino!!!

Gerardo
Old 06-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Bat Man
Team Owner

Received 32 Likes on 8 Posts

I honestly think the price should be around 600, with a core return. 800 with no core.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Welcome!!! If you keep the prices reasonable, we will come..........by the Vette loads!!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:47 PM
filmjay
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '10

I absolutely LOVE those pieces. I've been trying to do those same exact pieces in the 3M carbon vinyl, but it's just not turning out the way I want it. That and I can't seem to get the stock lock switch plates off without breaking them. Fine if I had some nice CF replacements. Not so great for a wrap and reinstall.

Without knowing price points, (I'm sure that dash bezel isn't a cheap piece) I could only recommend to perhaps make just an insert/cover for the DIC/HUD pods for those of us who desire your products but might be a little more financially challenged than most here.
(I know it'll be a while before I can afford a full leather/carbon interior.)

Welcome to C6. I look forward to seeing more carbon fiber goodness.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:08 PM
drich2905
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Lino,
I think this is great. You have always been awesome on the phone and as CF products become more popular I plan to order in the future. It will be exciting to see what you have to offer.

Quality first and fair prices will carry you far.

congratulations,
Dave
Old 06-08-2010, 08:10 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

Awesome looking and just shouts out quality and class.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:28 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I am in agreement with all the above: welcome, good to see this in your new company, great product and I'd like to give my opinion right here (and enter the contest this way).

It's absolutely beautiful and I think something in the $500 range might work for many. And as to a core charge, whatever it would cost you + time lost or inventory storage to keep parts on hand. So, if that's $200 or more, so be it.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:41 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Looks great,
I would be interested in some under hood pieces. As far as price, hard to say, But I would take those pieces off your hands
David
Old 06-08-2010, 08:43 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,250 Likes on 915 Posts

Lino, the Candyman!
Old 06-08-2010, 08:45 PM
zrone90
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:00 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Welcome to the family Lino! I'm really happy to see the new venture up and running. I know it has been a long time coming and I know the difficulty it has been getting everything up and running.

I expect great things from you and this first offering is nothing short of what I expected. Well done and let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Best of luck and best regards,

Paul
Old 06-08-2010, 09:03 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Nice bling and welcome aboard
Old 06-08-2010, 09:12 PM
VetteCandy
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by talon90
Welcome to the family Lino! I'm really happy to see the new venture up and running. I know it has been a long time coming and I know the difficulty it has been getting everything up and running.

I expect great things from you and this first offering is nothing short of what I expected. Well done and let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Best of luck and best regards,

Paul
Thanks for the welcome Paul. You are right, it does take a lot of hard work and effort to get things up and running.

Regards,
Lino
Old 06-08-2010, 09:37 PM
fourseventeen
Racer

Amazing looking pieces. Bezel in the $500.00 range with a factory exchange sounds about fair I think. I dont know really how much time gets put into this type of thing but in the -500 range it would be something I would consider purchasing.

On another note....I think I need to win those door pieces so I have my first part for my new Z06...and first Vette

Going to check out your site now! Love the Carbon goodies!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:53 PM
moabbikr
Advanced

I love the polished finish, I think it adds much more class to the interior..

Does the carbon finish match the finish on the stock center consoles? I think if it does you could sell these right at the $500.00 mark, if the finish is different than stock I think your customer base shrinks and you may need to offer the piece at a lower price point.

Just my 2cents!

Get notified of new replies

To Vette Candy - New Real Carbon Fiber Vendor (But Not Exactly New) - FREE GIVEAWAY

Old 06-08-2010, 10:12 PM
VetteCandy
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
Lino, the Candyman!

Hi,

Your comment made me think of the following scene from one of my favorites movies when I was a little kid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgbdVihagWg
Old 06-08-2010, 10:25 PM
DC321
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I honestly think the price should be around $500
Old 06-08-2010, 10:53 PM
VetteCandy
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by moabbikr
I love the polished finish, I think it adds much more class to the interior..

Does the carbon finish match the finish on the stock center consoles? I think if it does you could sell these right at the $500.00 mark, if the finish is different than stock I think your customer base shrinks and you may need to offer the piece at a lower price point.

Just my 2cents!
Hi,

The bezel pictured is real carbon fiber laminated over the OEM piece. The carbon fiber cloth is adhered to the piece, layers of resin are then formed over it, and it is finally polished to a deep shine before the application of automotive clear coat to finish it off. The factory stock center consoles (radio bezels) are done up in simulated carbon fiber, also popularly known as hydrocarbon. With this method, a water soluble film with the carbon fiber pattern is floated in a tank of water and a special activator is sprayed over it. The film dissolves and leaves the pattern floating on the surface and the part is then immersed in the tank, which causes the pattern to apply because of hydrostatic pressure. It is then finished with automotive clear coat. We have the correct matching pattern as found on the '08-'09 cars (pictured bottom), as well as the pattern on the '10 cars. The piece on the top part of the picture is done in real carbon fiber. There are 6,000 individual strands of carbon fiber that make up each weave.

Quick Reply: Vette Candy - New Real Carbon Fiber Vendor (But Not Exactly New) - FREE GIVEAWAY