C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last Week CEL showed PO171... This Week, PO803....

Old 06-14-2010, 11:10 PM
NJ Vette Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Last Week CEL showed PO171... This Week, PO803....

Last week, the dealer found PO171 and PO803... He cleared them, but the CEl stayed on....

He thought the car needed an update and scheduled me for it today. When he scanned it, only PO803 came up. PO171 was nowhere to be found. I did pull the air filter up, inspected the seals and placed it all back tightly, as was suggested to me last week.

PO803 is for the CAGS (isn't it?) and I did purchase the "blown fuse" from a vendor that was supposed to still show a resistive value and not trip the CEL about four months ago. Why would the CEL trip for the fuse now?!?!? The dealer replaced the "blown" fuse with a good one and suggested to me that I get the CAGS harness and use that method instead, because there is a physical resistor in the wiring harness. So far, no CEL is coming on since the fuse was replaced.... But the 1~4 is now active...

So my question to the experts on the forum is, has anyone ever heard of using the fuse method for the CAGS and have it trip the CEL on? Especially after four months of use???

Old 06-15-2010, 06:46 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Did you pull the "blown fuse" and replace it with with the factory fuse then clear the code? Did the code come back?

I'm not a fan of the blown fuse mod, that's why I spent $18 on a CAGS by-pass.

Good luck

Tom
Old 06-15-2010, 07:19 AM
miamogue
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the same problem with the fuse bypass. Drove car for a few weeks with the fuse then it set the code. Dealer also advised that I use the wiring harness.

Paul
Old 06-15-2010, 09:12 AM
NJ Vette Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That seals it.... I will now get the harness....

Get notified of new replies

To Last Week CEL showed PO171... This Week, PO803....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Last Week CEL showed PO171... This Week, PO803....