C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my cd player not reading cd's help

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 03:46 PM
FaSStC5
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default my cd player not reading cd's help

my cd player was working fine last night this morning tried putting in a cd and it wont read i tired 4 different cds and none of them work i put it in and it wont play any ideas?

06 c6
Old 10-05-2014, 03:27 PM
dileonardog
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cd player

Originally Posted by FaSStC5
my cd player was working fine last night this morning tried putting in a cd and it wont read i tired 4 different cds and none of them work i put it in and it wont play any ideas?

06 c6
My o9 has nav/cd and has that problem.Chevy did a software download,told me it was fine.Didn't work.Need a new unit.I'm considering the Pioneer Avic 8000 NEX.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:48 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

The laser lens is probably dirty. Get a can of compressed air and shoot some in the cd slot. I bet that will get you going.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:05 PM
jersphoto
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FaSStC5

06 c6
assumeing the unit has electricity. It has to be dirty head.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by EVRose
The laser lens is probably dirty. Get a can of compressed air and shoot some in the cd slot. I bet that will get you going.
Ditto and remember that there are two lens (three surfaces that you can get to). The upper is the focusing lens, while below the focusing lens is the receiver len.

The top of the top focusing lens is easy enough to clean with compressed air through the slot, but the bottom of the top lens and the lower receiving lens requires that the laser assembly protective cover be removed to expose those two lens surface to clean then (read player has to be pulled apart, and there are voids in the protective cover so dust can get through it).

While on on the subject, in regards to a CD/DVD burners, you have to add in the splitter mirror and then the lens for the burner laser as well (5 surfaces that has be cleaned).
Old 10-07-2014, 08:39 PM
jlbsam
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the exact same problem. I found a co. in No. CA. that repairs OE head units. If you'd like the info, send me a private message.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:49 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by EVRose
Although a sudden failure could mean electrical problems, a dust bunny is very likely the issue. Small dust accumulating will give a slow degredation over time with skipping and slow loading while your sudden failure indicates either something larger moving around or a component failure. I'm going with a dust bunny that is easily dislodged with canned air.

Get notified of new replies

To my cd player not reading cd's help

Quick Reply: my cd player not reading cd's help