C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 Ways to control your NPP Exhaust with Sunset Orange Creations Exhaust Commander!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 05:15 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13
Default 3 Ways to control your NPP Exhaust with Sunset Orange Creations Exhaust Commander!

3 Ways to control your NPP Exhaust with Sunset Orange Creations Exhaust Commander controllers!

With remotes - Exhaust Commander 1 Button, See the all new keyfob remote below!

With the DASH DIC Reset button - Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H.

With the universal visor remote - Exhaust Commander Car2U visor Compatible.

I have introduced many new innovations in bi-mode exhaust controls over the years. User selectable rpm opening, ZERO Battery Drain remembers last setting mode, Dash DIC button control, and Navigation address entry unlock with the C6 Navigation Commander.

And now the new Lear car2u visor compatible Exhaust Commander that works with your universal visor on your 2006-UP C6 cars! No Fobs needed!

Below are the descriptions of the different Commander controller models, click on the name to go to my online store to purchase one:

Click here to purchase --->Lear Car2U visor compatible Exhaust Commander

Introducing the new Lear Car2U visor compatible Exhaust Commander One Button Wireless NPP/Z06/ZR1 exhaust controller! For sale in my online store and ready to Command your NPP, Z06 or ZR1 Bi-mode Exhaust from one button on your 2006-Up Lear Car2U visor! No Fobs Needed!

I offered the first version of my Exhaust Commander One Button wireless NPP/Z06 exhaust controller unit for sale 2 years ago. Now here is the Lear Car2U visor compatible Exhaust Commander unit. No Fobs Needed!

You get the 2006-2010 Lear Car2U visor compatible Exhaust Commander main control unit.

The install instructions are available as a PDF file to download at http://www.sunsetorangecreations.com/Instructions.php so you can view the instructions on any computer.

No Fobs are needed to open and close your exhaust from inside the car, just one button on your Car2U universal visor.

You can have a keyfob remote added as an option if you would like to be able to open and close the exhaust from outside the car, but it is not needed for install or normal operation from the visor.

Take Command of you NPP, Z06 and ZR1 exhaust, you get to choose whether the exhaust is Quiet and mellow, and you also get to Command it to be Loud and mean when you want it.

Open and close your exhaust with ONE button on your Lear Car2U visor or with an optional One button Keyfob remote. Switch between Quiet and Loud anytime at the push of a button!

You press the button on the Car2U visor or keyfob remote once, the valves in the bi-mode mufflers close and you have the quiet factory operation mode, nice and quiet and opening at the factory rpm, press the button again, the valves open and you are in Loud mode and ready to rumble! Exhaust Commander is 100% Zero Battery Drain when the car is turned off.

Name:  DSC01971.jpg
Views: 1812
Size:  36.8 KB

Click here to purchase --->C6 Navigation Commander

C6 Navigation Commander allows address entry, searching points of interest, Nav setup changes, and access to stored destinations, all while on the move and it does not timeout and lock you out! If your going to install a PAL iPod interface you should get this controller and install it at the same time since you have to take the console off and access the NAV unit. Here is the thread with a detailed description.
C6 Navigation Commander

See the Video below to show how it refreshes and doesnt lock out.

The install instructions are available as a PDF file to download at http://www.sunsetorangecreations.com/Instructions.php so you can view the instructions on any computer.

Click here to purchase --->Exhaust Commander One Button NPP / Z06 Wireless Exhaust Switch

The Exhaust Commander One button controller now comes with the new one button remote, see the picture below!

This is the Exhaust Commander One Button Wireless NPP On / Off switch. Only ONE button is needed for switching between Loud and Quiet modes. You press the button on the Fob once, the valves open, you press it again, the valves close again.

There is ZERO DRAIN on the battery when the car is off. The butterfly valves can start in any position, open or closed and you choose when you install it and can change it at any time.

This kit gives you the ability to open or close the NPP / ZR1 or Z06 butterfly valves using a One button wireless remote.

The install only takes 3 minutes to complete and can be removed just as easy without a trace. The only tool needed a 7mm nutdriver or socket. The option to purchase a 7mm nutdriver is also available if you dont have one already to do your install.

Kit includes a wireless receiver switch and Keychain One button wireless remote. This unit is not compatible with the 2006-2010 Lear car2u universal visor remote.

Click here to purchase --->Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H.

This is the revolutionary new Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. NPP/Z06/ZR1 Bi-mode exhaust controller.

Name:  ExhCommanderDASHonZR1-1.jpg
Views: 1703
Size:  17.4 KB

Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. allows you to control your bi-mode exhaust with your dash D.I.C. reset button and also control your exhaust with a wireless remote! The Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H is the first bi-mode exhaust controller to allow both wireless and dash button control of your exhaust!

With this plug and play controller you get the revolutionary new feature of being able to open and close your bi-mode exhaust butterflies right from your dash D.I.C reset button! Using the dash D.I.C. button means that while driving and changing your exhaust back and forth from Quiet to Loud you dont have to look for a remote to do it. The D.I.C. button is 2 inches from your finger!

This controller also comes with a wireless remote so you can operate your exhaust from outside the car to show all of your friends how sweet it is to have total control of you bi-mode exhaust, both inside and outside your car!

This product is 100% ZERO Battery Drain when the car is turned off and has the Zero Battery Drain Remembers last setting mode at the same time!

Here is the thread with the install instructions --> D.A.S.H. Install Instructions

Here are the revolutionary features of this controller:

You can control your NPP/Z06/ZR1 bi-mode exhaust from your dash D.I.C. button, or use the supplied wireless remote to control your bi-mode exhaust.

This product is 100% Zero Battery drain and also has the Zero Battery drain remembers last setting feature built in so the mode you shut the car off in is the mode it starts up in.

This product is plug and play and no permanent modifications need to be made to the car to use it. If you choose to remove it at a later time there will be no trace that it was ever there! Just plug in the power fuse adapter, the exhaust signal wire to the exhaust fuse location, bolt down the ground ring, and hookup the D.I.C. dash button sensor to the D.I.C. button connector and your done. Typical install time is 15 minutes.

The Kit includes the Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. main unit, a wireless keyfob remote. The install instructions are available as a PDF file to download at http://www.sunsetorangecreations.com/Instructions.php so you can view the instructions on any computer.

This Product works on any 08-2010 NPP Bi-Mode Exhaust system or ZR1 / Z06 Bi-Mode Exhaust system.

Name:  DSC01971.jpg
Views: 1812
Size:  36.8 KB

Click here to purchase-->
Exhaust Commander All-in-1 NPP Bi-mode exhaust retrofit kit

Name:  allin1kitphoto.jpg
Views: 1943
Size:  53.0 KB

The All-in-1 NPP retrofit kit now comes with the new one button remote, see the picture above!

This kit includes the wireless controller with a one button keyfob remote, and all of the necessary vacuum lines, vacuum solenoid and wiring to complete the control system installation on a C6 that is retrofitting bi-mode exhaust.

It will give you full open / full closed modes and gives you the ability to switch between the modes instantly using the supplied One button wireless remote.

You can have the car start and the butterflies remain open until you close them, or you can have the car start and then the butterflies close until you open them. And can switch between open and closed modes with the One button wireless remote.

The Exhaust Commander All-in-1 NPP retrofit kit has the Zero Battery drain remembers last setting feature built in so the mode you shut the car off in is the mode it starts up in.

This kit uses engine vacuum as the source of vacuum to control the butterflies in the mufflers. The GM recommended vacuum port on the intake manifold is used just like NPP cars, Z06's and ZR1's!

The All-in-1 retrofit kit is now available with the Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. controller function. This options allows you to control the opening and closing of the exhaust butterflies from the dashboard D.I.C. reset button! Be sure to choose it from the drop down menu!

This All-in-1 retrofit kit is also available with the no splice RPM opening option.

This Product works on any C6 2005-2011.

Take a look at all the controller models I offer and get the one that best suits your needs.

If you need any additional info, let me know.

Name:  Sunsetnewbanner2.jpg
Views: 1588
Size:  23.1 KB
Click Here -> Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. the revolutionary new bi-mode exhaust controller!
NPP Bi-mode exhaust vacuum retrofit kits -> Exhaust Commander All-in-1 bi-mode retrofit kit.
My Online Store -> See all my Bi-mode Exhaust Controller Products!
Attached Images  

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 01-23-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:21 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,069 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

I bought the NPP mufflers and installed them to my 08 vert,then I purchased an NPP controller that just made my mufflers either open or closed from another company. Then I saw this company offered an NPP system that works like the OEM installed NPP with the RPM setting. I ordered and installed RPM controller from this company and it works the NPP just like the car was intended to from GM, plus I can have them open or closed.
This is a great CF vendor to deal with, I called during my install and Ben emailed me any pictures that I needed. This is a great product.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Wildmanht
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I purchased from this vendor last year. AWESOME product. I have mine hooked up to my visor.

Don't waste your money on Mild to Wild. This person is way ahead of them on technology.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:34 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by george vee
I bought the NPP mufflers and installed them to my 08 vert,then I purchased an NPP controller that just made my mufflers either open or closed from another company. Then I saw this company offered an NPP system that works like the OEM installed NPP with the RPM setting. I ordered and installed RPM controller from this company and it works the NPP just like the car was intended to from GM, plus I can have them open or closed.
This is a great CF vendor to deal with, I called during my install and Ben emailed me any pictures that I needed. This is a great product.
Thanks for the feedback George!

Glad you are enjoying your Exhaust Commander !

Old 11-29-2010, 07:47 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Wildmanht
I purchased from this vendor last year. AWESOME product. I have mine hooked up to my visor.

Very happy to hear you are enjoying your Exhaust Commander that is car2u visor compatible.

Its a great NPP controller that needs NO remotes to operate, just the built in visor remote you already have in the car.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:29 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Thank you for all of the orders.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:33 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Get those orders in for X-Mas!

Old 12-08-2010, 09:13 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Its getting close to X-mas. Get your orders in now.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:17 AM
legbuh
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you verify something for me on the DASH kit...

1. will this work on the 2011 GS vert?
2. When it is "off" are the flaps always closed, or does it function like the stock system?

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2011, 11:40 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by legbuh@gmail.com
Can you verify something for me on the DASH kit...

1. will this work on the 2011 GS vert?
2. When it is "off" are the flaps always closed, or does it function like the stock system?

Thanks!
Thanks for your inquiry into the Exhaust Commander!

1: Yes, the Exhaust Commander will work on your 2011 GrandSport. The Exhaust Commander can control any 2006-2011 Factory bi-mode exhaust.

2: When the flaps are closed they operate exactly as they do from the factory and open automatically at their predetermind rpm.

Thanks

Sunset Orange Creations
Old 03-08-2011, 11:55 AM
legbuh
Racer

Thanks for the quick reply!

THe only thing that worries me, of course with a new car and all, is removing the controls from the dash. I saw another review from a customer and said he used a tool. Any extra tips to ease my mind?
Old 03-08-2011, 02:05 PM
BostonJoel
Drifting

Originally Posted by Wildmanht

Don't waste your money on Mild to Wild. This person is way ahead of them on technology.

Waiting for the mailman to deliver mine.......
Old 03-08-2011, 10:51 PM
tnbeast
Instructor

I am also waiting for the mail man I can't wait
Old 03-09-2011, 07:54 AM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 544 Likes on 332 Posts

Ben, thank you for speaking to me yesterday. your products cover it all. the toughest part is choosing whick options!
Old 08-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Bondo John
Advanced

I see that the Exhaust Commander 2006-2012 car2u visor compatible is out of stock....Any idea when it's back in stock...
Old 08-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Bondo John
I see that the Exhaust Commander 2006-2012 car2u visor compatible is out of stock....Any idea when it's back in stock...
I'm waiting on mine to ship my self and when I spoke to him last about 1 1/2 weeks ago he said that he was working on a batch that should be ready just about now.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:46 PM
wera32
Racer

THe only thing that worries me, of course with a new car and all, is removing the controls from the dash. I saw another review from a customer and said he used a tool. Any extra tips to ease my mind?
I had the same concerns. The instructions are good. The only things are you need to pull straight down to unclip the bezel where it goes over the guages (one of my clips came off and I though I'd broken something when I heard it fall. Just clipped it back on.) and the fish tool that I got was too flexible and too short. I used a wire coat hanger.

Very satisfied with the controller!

Get notified of new replies

To 3 Ways to control your NPP Exhaust with Sunset Orange Creations Exhaust Commander!

Old 08-12-2011, 05:19 AM
Bondo John
Advanced

He's taking orders now from the web sight......first come first served.....Bondo
Old 01-23-2012, 11:29 AM
ryker
Pro

How is the rpm adjusted for the loud mode?

In quite more the NPP works like stock but is adjustable for loud rpm swith over.
In open mode it's simply open.

Only setup that could be better is one that adjust the NPP open or closed based on engine load.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:37 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by ryker
How is the rpm adjusted for the loud mode?

In quite more the NPP works like stock but is adjustable for loud rpm swith over.
In open mode it's simply open.

Only setup that could be better is one that adjust the NPP open or closed based on engine load.

You have two settings, stock operation and Loud mode.

In stock operation the car operates exactly as it did from the factory and opens at the factory RPM.

In the loud mode it is open all the time.

On the NPP retrofit kit there is an RPM opening option that is adjustable. The retrofit kit is for people to add bi-mode exhaust to cars that didnt come with it from the factory.

Quick Reply: 3 Ways to control your NPP Exhaust with Sunset Orange Creations Exhaust Commander!