C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key FOB Not Being Recognized. Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,046 Likes on 1,358 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Daoust
I've replaced the batteries in both Key FOBs and all is perfect for the last several days. I'd say that was the problem. If anything else shows up I'll let everyone know. Thanks again for all your input. Dusty
Old 09-10-2010, 07:17 PM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

Mine has been behaving similarly but if I simply press the unlock, it will work. It has been doing this for the last 3 months or so. I guess I should try changing the FOB battery.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:44 AM
GNasty1560
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No FOB detected also appears from an ac drain tube overflow water into dashboard/electronics. My C6 2006 has an ac drain tube clog problem. Last week went to work w/ AC on. The passenger side floorboard always gets wet. No water drains under the car, so the dash and evaporator core turn into a water storage that bleeds into floorboard. But also stores a ton of water that will make your cars stink like mold etc.

Water is getting into electronics guys when drain tube gets clogged--this needs to become legal w GM to issue recall/fix.

The car would not recognize me and DID NOT go into neutral. The wrecker driver had to use 'skates' to get car onto flatbed. Needless to say, my cars front end got chewed up at such a steep angle BUT I saw a ton of water come out of the front passenger side drain tube. It seemed to of unclogged the tube, when he raised it onto the bed.

I still paid dealer $265 to look at drain tube
$49 shop fee and the free fog light recall was performed. They did a $99 alignment which did not fix my pull. Said everything was in spec. I don't think they did the alignment because they never gave me printout until I went back to get a new one.

Whats crazy is, the car actually started up after the wrecker towed it to dealership and I paid $135 for that. Around $600 total and the car just gave me another FOB not detected pulling up to my condo.

GM cannot build a car I will ever buy again. This car has been in the shop over 4 times in the last 2 yrs. Its a lemon -It should of been painted yellow.

Special skates under rear tires allow tow of a defective FOB not detected issue.

Last edited by GNasty1560; 07-11-2015 at 03:36 AM.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:43 AM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,046 Likes on 1,358 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

It kinda depends on how much you drive it, but I'd be ecstatic about only 4 shop visits in 2 years. We drive 12k-15k miles per year.

Ours now has 86k miles and the most recent year was the best ever. IIRC, only 1 unscheduled visit. But I generally agree with you about GM quality, we went to Japanese cars for the family vehicles 30 years ago and never looked back. But they don't make anything as much fun as the Corvette.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:02 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,006 Likes on 2,169 Posts

Originally Posted by Daoust
I've replaced the batteries in both Key FOBs and all is perfect for the last several days. I'd say that was the problem. If anything else shows up I'll let everyone know. Thanks again for all your input. Dusty
May or may not be out of the woods.

Pull the fob apart, and clean it.
The areas to watch for is the prong that may be be slightly bend out more, and to make sure that the prong contact pads on the board as clean as well (spray cleaner and a Q tip).

To remove the board from the front case, pull the rubber seal and board out at the same time, then remove the board from the seal afterwards. To put it back in, board in rubber piece first, then the two together back in at the same time.

Old 07-11-2015, 07:41 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Poor guy has been waiting almost 5 years to get his FOB working again. ARGH!!!!

This is why we used to have a rule against reviving old dead threads. No one notices and starts giving advice for an issue that doesn't exist any more.

Quick Reply: Key FOB Not Being Recognized. Need Advice