C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hydraulic system to raise car front end?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 09:42 AM
CadVette
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts

AirRex has a system for Corvettes. I don't think you are going to get by with anything less than $2500.00 for an install. I just mounted rollers to my core support under the car for about $200.00.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:01 PM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by CadVette
AirRex has a system for Corvettes. I don't think you are going to get by with anything less than $2500.00 for an install. I just mounted rollers to my core support under the car for about $200.00.

Sounds like a good idea. Do you have any pictures or part numbers?
Old 07-13-2017, 08:02 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

"I just want something simple to hit a button the raise it a couple inches." That is the whole problem....there is not "something simple". If there were, it would cost about $400, and it would be a factory option for $1000, and most of us would have it.

Besides, "a couple inches" is a pretty fair amount. If you could get 3/4" to 1", you would probably be good to go on most bumps.

Eager to see what you find out. I don't see any way it could be completely done/installed for under $3k.
Old 07-15-2017, 02:01 PM
CadVette
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by ILLUSHN
Sounds like a good idea. Do you have any pictures or part numbers?

No part numbers. Mine came from West Coast Corvettes. There is also another roller product called Fat Wheel which you should probably be able to find with your search engine. This is how I get my car up my driveway. It's a good idea to inspect the lower core support welds to make sure they are not cracked from time to time. Had to have mine tig welded once.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:23 AM
mickeykelley
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like the RamLiftPro site is gone.....out of business? It's been 7 years since I first posted this and still wish I could find something.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:36 PM
glennsmooth
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've also been looking for a few years. I thought I was onto something with iLift https://iliftsystems.com but they tell me the vette's leaf springs blow the whole plan

Originally Posted by mickeykelley
Looks like the RamLiftPro site is gone.....out of business? It's been 7 years since I first posted this and still wish I could find something.

Quick Reply: Hydraulic system to raise car front end?