C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re: Treble/Bass adjustment on Facory Radio

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 04:57 PM
dhend25
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Treble/Bass adjustment on Facory Radio

I have the standard factory Bose system w/o Nav.

I have read everything in the owner's manual and have pushed every button/**** combination I can think of and I cannot figure out how to adjust the levels of "Treble and Bass".

The manual says to push the **** with the little Musical note symbol then turn the **** to the right or left depending on which adjustment you are trying to achieve. I don't know about you guys, but I don't have any ***** with with a musical note symbol on them.

I'm sure this something really simple but I've just spent the last hour in my car trying to figure this out and I'm out of ideas.

Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

DH
Old 06-16-2007, 05:07 PM
6speedC6
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

just press in the button on the left of the radio. It's the same button you would use to change stations
Old 06-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

That button with the musical note is the same big button on the left side that you use to tune which station you want to listen to. Instead of turning it, press it repeatedly to select either BASS, MIDRANGE, TREBLE, BALANCE, or FADE. Then turn it to adjust whichever one of those 5 you selected.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 06-16-2007 at 05:13 PM.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by dhend25

I have read everything in the owner's manual and have pushed every button/**** combination I can think of and I cannot figure out how to adjust the levels of "Treble and Bass".

The manual says to push the **** with the little Musical note symbol then turn the **** to the right or left depending on which adjustment you are trying to achieve. I don't know about you guys, but I don't have any ***** with with a musical note symbol on them.

I'm sure this something really simple but I've just spent the last hour in my car trying to figure this out and I'm out of ideas.

Thanks,

DH
Press the second large black **** from the top with the radio on. (The one to the left of the radio) Each press should bring up successive adjustments like bass and treble. There may be a musical note symbol right under the ****.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:59 PM
dhend25
Instructor

Originally Posted by JimTN
That button with the musical note is the same big button on the left side that you use to tune which station you want to listen to. Instead of turning it, press it repeatedly to select either BASS, MIDRANGE, TREBLE, BALANCE, or FADE. Then turn it to adjust whichever one of those 5 you selected.
Well, It looks like I get a new radio, because that's what I have been doing but nothing happens.

I push the **** in but nothing comes up on the display to adjust. Then when I turn the **** it just changes my station setting.

Fortunately, its still under the original factory warranty.

Thanks to all who replied.

DH
Old 06-17-2007, 04:35 PM
dhend25
Instructor

Thanks again to all who replied with their helpful comments on my radio problem.

I went out to the car today and played around with it some more. I had been pushing in on the **** everyone was describing, but apparently not with enough force.

When I pushed in a little harder the "bass/treble", fade/balance" options came up on the display, and I was then able to adjust by turning the **** either right or left.

It does take a fairly forceful push to engage it.

This is probably by design so that when you go to turn the **** you aren't constantly engaging the bass/treble controls. This would be easy to do, especially when driving, if it only took a mild push on the ****.

Thanks again to all who responded.

DH
The following users liked this post:
iwon2vettes (08-22-2023)
Old 08-22-2023, 05:54 PM
iwon2vettes
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dhend25

Thanks,

DH
I too, just today wanted to change Bass & Treble but nothing happened. I found the music note symbol, but it did nothing. I've had the car since it was new. It is a 2009. If anyone can help it would be appreciated.
Old 08-22-2023, 06:09 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by iwon2vettes
I too, just today wanted to change Bass & Treble but nothing happened. I found the music note symbol, but it did nothing. I've had the car since it was new. It is a 2009. If anyone can help it would be appreciated.
Did you see that the OP pushed that button, but the next day he pushed it harder and that was his original problem: he just wasn't pushing it hard enough.

Get notified of new replies

To Re: Treble/Bass adjustment on Facory Radio

Quick Reply: Re: Treble/Bass adjustment on Facory Radio