C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I remove this part? (Air dam)

Old 09-30-2010, 12:25 AM
08LS3_Z51
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I remove this part? (Air dam)

See the air dam (top piece in the picture, disregard the bottom two piecies)? How do I gain access to the left and right slots of the air dam to get it off? Taking the 3 bolts out of the middle is a sinch but how to get it all off has me perplexed.

Last edited by 08LS3_Z51; 09-30-2010 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:37 AM
vetteright
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 08LS3_Z51
See the air dam (top piece in the picture, disregard the bottom two piecies)? How do I gain access to the left and right slots of the air dam to get it off? Taking the 3 bolts out of the middle is a sinch but how to get it all off has me perplexed.

You will need to remove the five 7mm screws that fasten the front fascia along the bottom. This will allow you to pull the fascia down at the ends and locate the plastic push pins holding the center section of the air dam in place through the tabs at the ends. Pull the pins out, remove the three 10mm screws along the length of the center section of the dam and then grasp it and rotate it off the support brace and pull it toward the front of the car and it will come off.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:55 PM
vetteright
Drifting

I'm curious to know if you were successful in getting your radiator air deflector (center air dam) off the car.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:00 AM
08LS3_Z51
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't tried yet. Where are these 7mm screws located at on the bumper/fascia?
Old 10-01-2010, 03:40 AM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Jack up one side, get underneath and see with a flashlight where all the screws are. Take your time removing the ends from the center. The plastic pins are kinda hard to pop out...take your time.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:35 PM
vetteright
Drifting

Originally Posted by 08LS3_Z51
Haven't tried yet. Where are these 7mm screws located at on the bumper/fascia?
Just look up under the front of the nose, you can't miss 'em. They must be removed in order to pull the fascia down enough at each end to reach in between the fascia and the support that it's fastened to so that you can see the two push pins holding the ends of the air dam and remove them. I used a forked tip pry tool to pull the pins out. You can reuse the plastic push pins. The 7mm screws are quick and easy to remove/replace.

Get notified of new replies

To How do I remove this part? (Air dam)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do I remove this part? (Air dam)