C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

•► ► AUTOCAL E-MAIL TUNE TOOL @ Corvettes of Westchester - ON SALE NOW! ◄ ◄•

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 10:24 PM
awalp
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

After reading this thread, am I understanding the pricing correctly?

The device costs $299 (for a limited time), and after buying the device and accumulating a data log; There is then an additional cost of $399 to have a tune created?

So it will cost $700 for the device + tune??

So the device is basically just a OBD2 ECU flashing tool with a usb port for loading new tunes?

Does the device come with any software that allows customers to modify the ECU tables ourselves?
- Or does it only come with a simple tune uploading program?

So my question really is, this looks really interesting, what exactly does it come with and can do software wise besides flash the ecu and log data? What is included software wise and am I correctly understanding a total tuned price of $700?
Old 10-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Jolan
Advanced

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

What kind of longevity issues are there with reducing/eliminating torque management?
Old 10-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Nd4spd2
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Chuck, look at post # 23. Did you figure out how to get the downshift rev matching paddle shift to work?
Old 10-12-2010, 09:18 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Pretty close....

Originally Posted by awalp
After reading this thread, am I understanding the pricing correctly?

The device costs $299 (for a limited time), and after buying the device and accumulating a data log; There is then an additional cost of $399 to have a tune created?

So it will cost $700 for the device + tune??

So the device is basically just a OBD2 ECU flashing tool with a usb port for loading new tunes?

Does the device come with any software that allows customers to modify the ECU tables ourselves?

So my question really is, this looks really interesting, what exactly does it come with and can do software wise besides flash the ecu and log data? What is included software wise and am I correctly understanding a total tuned price of $700?
Pretty close.... AutoCal is the "TUNE DELIVERY TOOL" and also the tool used for "SCANNING/DATA-LOGGING and clearing codes" and is also the tool used for "going back to stock".

Yes, the tune and tool cost about $700. slightly more if you do not have a 160 stat.

If you read the posts above from some of the customers I've done this for, the results are always fantastic and the customer support is equally as good.

This is ABSOLUTELY NOT a "wham-bam thank-you maam!" tune.

ANYONE who has ever completed the process with me knows full well how much effort goes into delivering a product like this. I (although I certainly wish it was less time) spend tons of time with each customer both on the phone and via e-mail "supporting" the tune and the tool after the sale to make sure that the results are as promised.

Some people think that I dump a canned tune in an e-mail for $399 and call it a day. ABSOLUTELY NOT.

AGAIN, anyone who has been through the process with me knows that the results are as promised and the time I spend with each customer start to finish is above and beyond what you might expect.

So, the tool and the tune are paid for at the same time and the data-logging happens after the first tune is installed.

NO, if you need to modify the tune yourself then you spend $799 for the EFI LIVE V2 cable which comes with licenses to tune 2 vehicles. (tunes are additional)

You can however download the same EFI LIVE SCAN TOOL which I use every day and perform the scanning if you like... Check and clear codes, check emissions readiness tests, reset fuel trims, and basically anything else the scan tool can do.

AutoCal is a fantastic tool that is unfortunately a year or so late being released because we added tons of additional features and support and the architecture is such that the new features that have not yet been implemented are as simple as a software update I send you in an e-mail.

It can do the Duramax diesels and just about every car and truck GM makes worth tuning.

The list goes on.... The function and convenience of the tool is huge and just consider the shipping alone for a mail-in-tune when you remove the pcm and ship it...

Shipping the first time (if that's all it takes) is nearly $100. and you have to do the labor to remove and install it.....and you can't drive your car while I have your pcm.....

Starting to sound as if the tool has value??? HELL YEAH!~

Just the peace of mind knowing that you can go back to stock at any time YOU FEEL LIKE....

Cha-CHING! More value!

This tool is very COOL.
Chuck CoW

Last edited by Chuck CoW; 01-04-2011 at 02:15 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:55 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Virtually NONE....

Originally Posted by Jolan
What kind of longevity issues are there with reducing/eliminating torque management?
Virtually NONE.... There is no evidence that eliminating torque management causes failures when the vehicle is operated by any reasonably responsible person. (term used loosely)

Any irresponsibly aggressive driver will have ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM BREAKING ANY vehicle even if all the TORQUE MANAGEMENT is totally ON.

We've seen this before...It will never change.

But again, NO, turning it off (as I have done in EVERY A6 tune I ever did) is no problem for that trans and you won't find anyone out there with my A6 tune and a blown trans. There's thousands of them out there with NO problems.

Chuck CoW

Last edited by Chuck CoW; 01-04-2011 at 02:15 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:01 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default The CAMARO has it built in....

Originally Posted by Nd4spd2
Chuck, look at post # 23. Did you figure out how to get the downshift rev matching paddle shift to work?
The CAMARO has it built in....

I'm not done with the Corvette....yet.

BUT, YOU my friend are due some A6 tune tweaks....and as always...

They're FREE!

Chuck CoW

Last edited by Chuck CoW; 01-04-2011 at 02:16 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:55 PM
awalp
Instructor

Would you possibly distribute generic tunes for lightly modified cars.

I'm sure there are tones of people with only an intake and exhaust. So the tune would be the same.

I have an LS2, with an NPP exhaust, and (soon to be installed) Vararam intake. If you sold a generic CAI+NPP or just a generic CAI tune that would be nice.

$700 just seems a bit much for tuning only a CAI and a stock NPP exhaust. I'm sure people with more complex modifications see the price much differently.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:02 PM
awalp
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
NO, if you need to modify the tune yourself then you spend $799 for the EFI LIVE V2 cable which comes with licenses to tune 2 vehicles. (tunes are additional)

You can however download the same EFI LIVE SCAN TOOL which I use every day and perform the scanning if you like... Check and clear codes, check emissions readiness tests, reset fuel trims, and basically anything else the scan tool can do.
So if I bought this tool for $299, I could use it to check codes, etc. and since it has a USB cable, would it interface with tuning software / software to modify ECU tables that I could do on my own?

Basically, can I use your tool to modify the ECU myself.

You mentioned it reads/clear codes etc.., Is this a built in feature or is that with the EFI Live software and a Laptop?

Having the ability to flash stock tunes, and modified tunes, and the ability to scan OBD2 for codes (without a GM scan tool) would make this worth the money with or without a tune.

I had to take my car to the dealer to scan the computer as no shop even has a tool that can check the codes on the car near me.

What is the complete detailed list of abilities this tools has. I can't find this specific information.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:57 PM
chris12.8
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

going to order 1 when i get back from vacation i need an A6 tune bad
Old 10-14-2010, 08:39 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

HUGE improvement with Chuck's tune on the A6, get the engine tune at the same time, worth it

As posted before, first tune I bought sucked plain and simple, Chuck's tune I love!

Rick
Old 10-14-2010, 10:57 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Here's the story.....

Originally Posted by awalp
So if I bought this tool for $299, I could use it to check codes, etc. and since it has a USB cable, would it interface with tuning software / software to modify ECU tables that I could do on my own?

You mentioned it reads/clear codes etc.., Is this a built in feature or is that with the EFI Live software and a Laptop?

Having the ability to flash stock tunes, and modified tunes, and the ability to scan OBD2 for codes (without a GM scan tool) would make this worth the money with or without a tune.

I had to take my car to the dealer to scan the computer as no shop even has a tool that can check the codes on the car near me.

What is the complete detailed list of abilities this tools has. I can't find this specific information.
NO...You need the $799 EFI LIVE V2 cable.

Either by itself or with a laptop and the EFI LIVE SCAN SOFTWARE.

It's a great tool, but of little value without a tune from me. The Tool is paired to MY PERSONAL EFI LIVE cable and can only load MY tunes.

BINGO! Ahhhhh... Now we see that the tool is MUCH MORE VALUABLE than just delivering tunes....

No more trips to the Dealer to read and clear codes for check engine lights. No DEALERS, NO APPOINTMENTS, NO FEAR, NO BS, NO UNNECESSARY EXPENSE!

Now you guys are getting the picture.
Chuck CoW
Old 10-15-2010, 12:33 PM
TysonJones
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does this email tune work?

Nevermind, I think I figured it out.

How much is this in total cost compared to actually coming to see you and getting it tuned in person? Is it cheaper than the 700 dollars?

Last edited by TysonJones; 10-15-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:27 PM
3rdWish
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

How does the tune affect your fuel mileage? Provided you keep your lead foot off the throttle.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:11 AM
Nd4spd2
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 3rdWish
How does the tune affect your fuel mileage? Provided you keep your lead foot off the throttle.
I gained almost 1 mpg on my 08 A6 when I first got the tune.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:37 AM
Uncle Meat
Le Mans Master

Received 97 Likes on 57 Posts

I'm curious as to the instructions you pass to the end user of the Autocal as far as data-logging is concerned. Does the end user just drive around randomly while the tool data-logs, or do you a send of specific set of instructions to follow in order to generate the appropriate data required to create a custom tune? 0-60 run, 4th gear WOT highway pull, etc. I'm just curious as to how the end user is supposed to generate the data you require.

U.M.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:54 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default The AutoCal is set up....

Originally Posted by Uncle Meat
I'm curious as to the instructions you pass to the end user of the Autocal as far as data-logging is concerned. Does the end user just drive around randomly while the tool data-logs, or do you a send of specific set of instructions to follow in order to generate the appropriate data required to create a custom tune? 0-60 run, 4th gear WOT highway pull, etc. I'm just curious as to how the end user is supposed to generate the data you require.

U.M.
The AutoCal is set up to record the pids that I need to see...

When we speak, (depending on the type of car and what mods) I'll give you some simple instructions for the type of driving you'll need to do.

We start off conservative and work our way up.

Lastly, I'll ask you to drive it as you normally would....(Whatever that is...) and send me the log for review.

After a few logs...We should be done.

Chuck CoW

Old 10-18-2010, 08:57 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default In person.....

Originally Posted by TysonJones
How does this email tune work?

Nevermind, I think I figured it out.

How much is this in total cost compared to actually coming to see you and getting it tuned in person? Is it cheaper than the 700 dollars?

In person would be 500 for the tune and $100 for the stat installed for a total of $600.

Great deal and it's complete....But, nice part about the autocal is that when the tune is done, you still have a great tool to log data, change tunes, go back to stock, and check and clear codes as well. Heck, you can even tune more cars with the same box if you purchase more licenses @ $99 each additional vehicle.

Call me if you have more questions.
Chuck CoW

Get notified of new replies

To •► ► AUTOCAL E-MAIL TUNE TOOL @ Corvettes of Westchester - ON SALE NOW! ◄ ◄•

Old 10-20-2010, 11:32 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Here are links to the AUTOCAL TUTORIALS....

Originally Posted by Uncle Meat

U.M.

Here's a better idea!

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE AUTOCAL TUTORIAL...

AND THIS IS THE LINK TO INSTALLING AUTOCAL on a WIN 7/VISTA machine.

If you need more information, please let me know...

Chuck CoW
Old 10-21-2010, 03:59 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Here's a comment.....

Hey,

Just wanted to say thanks for today, the whole experience was excellent. I logged a couple more times and made corrections, traffic was getting conjested so I quit for the day but I think the MAF is good to go. I will be out of work tomorrow, but when I get back I would like to finish the tune. Unbelievable how awesome it was with you showing directly on our own computer with the actual files. Really cant say thanks enough.

Mike @ Rons Auto Restoration.
Above is a comment from one of our recent EFI LIVE customers.

Mike bought EFI LIVE from us and I send tunes to him via e-mail...

Mike had some questions about how to adjust the vehicle....

NO PROBLEM! Mike had a good high speed internet connection and in 20 seconds I logged

right into his laptop and I was able to control his laptop and the EFI LIVE software to make

everything work as needed.

AMAZING! The reason I mention this is that, while this is pretty easy stuff, NOT EVERYONE

is great with computers and I don't want anyone to be intimidated by this product.

Call me any time if you have questions.
Chuck CoW

Old 10-21-2010, 05:40 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

is this just downloaded to the tool,then stright to the car...or do you
have to make adj's.while on your l.top ....or ' simple plug to pc,download, then plug tool to car and it down loads its self ?in short,
is this like any other hand held....with a better tune.?

Quick Reply: •► ► AUTOCAL E-MAIL TUNE TOOL @ Corvettes of Westchester - ON SALE NOW! ◄ ◄•