C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top Uneven After Recall

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Liner
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Top Uneven After Recall

Just got a new top after turning mine in for the recall. The dealership had the work done by an out-of-house body shop. When I picked it up I looked mostly at the paint finish. Now I notice the fit is uneven.
The edge seal sticks up higher on the driver's side than the pax side (see pics). Is this something I can adjust myself. Can anyone tell me how?
I really don't want to take it to the dealer. I like to do my own work on the car, but this has me flummoxed
I found an earlier post about adjusting the top and removing the liner, etc. It sounded way confusing. How do I know which side is too tight, too high, or whatever? Is the seal supposed to stick out or not? Which side of the top is correct?
Thanks for any help!!
Attached Images   
Old 10-17-2010, 09:11 PM
SimpleC6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd take it back and get it re-done.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:37 PM
ssv3
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Good luck. Mine is uneven in the front. I took mine back easily over 5 times and still not fixed but close enough and I get a little bit of wind noise. I gave up and wish I didn't take it in for the recall because it sat perfect with both tops on prior. My glass top doesn't sit right either after the "FIX"
Old 10-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Liner
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ssv3
Good luck. Mine is uneven in the front. I took mine back easily over 5 times and still not fixed but close enough and I get a little bit of wind noise. I gave up and wish I didn't take it in for the recall because it sat perfect with both tops on prior. My glass top doesn't sit right either after the "FIX"
Bummer... As far as creaks, pops and wind noise, I'm still fine, but I definately don't want to give the dealer multiple shots at it.
Like you, mine was perfect before
Guess I'll call them and see if they can boost my confidence...
Old 10-18-2010, 12:41 PM
DaveV
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Default pop up rubber seal

Hi i had mine replaced in 2007 when i bought the car new, it still stuck up but not as much in do,ing so they broke the interiour pannell and lost the car for 1and a half days, so my advice now spray rubber seal with silicone === spray onto a cloth and wipe the seal all over refit the pannell then run your finger down the raised part then see whats left popped up, mine was 2 inches i lived with that. cheers

Get notified of new replies

To Top Uneven After Recall

Quick Reply: Top Uneven After Recall