C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter / Snow Use - C6??

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 04:13 PM
Red08
Le Mans Master

Received 1,441 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by C5North
I would NOT advise it.
Not the best choice for winter driving. If you lived in AZ or Florida, I would say go for it. Like someone else said, buy an beater of a car or pickup and keep the vette for the summer
Old 08-18-2018, 01:37 PM
gradywhite931127
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

Bringing back this thread, I mean hey summers almost over right?! Lol. I’m in New Jersey and I daily drove my c4 1987 Corvette with an automatic trans through summer, fall, winter, and spring. There were times we had a lot of snow and I definitely don’t advise going out cruising in the vette in anything over 2-3 inches on the streets, ESPECIALLY in a c6 with obviously way more power than a c4. I am curious about this too though, as I will be entering the c6 Gs club soon enough. I probably won’t drive it through snow though, not so much because of the lack of capability, but more so because a 2012 Gs is way more valuable and I will want to keep it in better shape than my then- daily driven 87. Here is a pic of me driving through a pretty big storm (just gotta be careful and don’t ever use more than a quarter of your gas pedal &#128518 .
Old 08-20-2018, 07:27 PM
RobJoy
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts

Drive mine year round. But, I do have an '08 Subaru "snow" car in the other stall.
Old 08-23-2021, 01:21 PM
Spencemoney
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aseipos
Done it successfully in Chicago for the last 5 years on the same set of Blizzak LM-25s using an extra set of polished aluminum C6 wheels bought on Ebay for $280/set.

Those Blizzaks transform the car into a a great winter car as they have grip superior to most cars' all-season tires. You just need to leave plenty space between yourself and the nutcases who think they can operate outside the laws of physics because they're in a beater or an SUV with bad all-seasons on it!
I went to tirerack.com, and can't seem to find any Blizzack LM-25s in the right size for a stock c6 wheel. Do you know if they discontinued the size? Maybe I just don't know what I'm looking for, or maybe I can find some that will fit a slightly different wheel size, but still fit on the Vette

Quick Reply: Winter / Snow Use - C6??