C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which partition do you recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 10:22 PM
tonyasc6
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which partition do you recommend?

Well, as the title says, I have been looking at the rear partitions.. I am thinking about purchasing 1.. I am torn & having difficulties figureing out which 1 I should purchase.. I know this is just an opinion of the owner but wondering which 1 you guys/gals seem happier with.. The 1 I purchase, I must be able to store the targa top in the back without removing the partition. I don't need "hidey holes".. I just want a seperation between the front & the rear to keep the small items close enough I can get ahold of them and also keep the "flap" on the cargo shade from flying all over the place.. If you guys/gals have some input on what you use, pics, opinions.. all are welcome.. I can't decide what I want.. Please help!... Tonya
Old 11-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Rapnrev
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Got mine from http://exoticvette.com[/URL] I love it can stow the top have to fold the flap on top of the roof as you close the hatch to keep it from flapping around.

Last edited by Rapnrev; 11-15-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:50 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

I have this one from Southern Car Parts and am very pleased with it. It does exactly what you're looking for - keeps objects from rolling around (confines them to the horizontal area shown in the photo) and allows room for roof panel storage. I've had mine for five years with zero problems. Highly recommended.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:24 AM
tonyasc6
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rapnrev
Got mine from http://exoticvette.com[/URL] I love it can stow the top have to fold the flap on top of the roof as you close the hatch to keep it from flapping around.
Any pics..??
Originally Posted by mpuzach
I have this one from Southern Car Parts and am very pleased with it. It does exactly what you're looking for - keeps objects from rolling around (confines them to the horizontal area shown in the photo) and allows room for roof panel storage. I've had mine for five years with zero problems. Highly recommended.

Looks good!.. I wasn't sure between this 1 and the exoticvette 1.. The exotic 1 "appears" to have alittle different shape.. but I am not sure..
Anybody else want to chime in... Pics..??
Old 11-16-2010, 12:40 AM
tonyasc6
Drifting

anybody have any pics of the crazy cowboy bin..?? prefer ebony pics but any is fine.. & would help me decide which way to go.. thanks in advance!

Old 11-16-2010, 01:23 AM
Never Say Never
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have the GM/Corvette bin and it looks great along with holding plenty of things within arms reach.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:50 AM
C-INRED
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

I have the Exotic Vette (Crazy Cowboy) partition. It works great, looks good and I like the fact that the spare top fits in the back with the partition in.

There are some pictures of it here on the Exotic Vette site....

http://exoticvette.com/C6%20partition.htm
Old 11-16-2010, 02:33 AM
CO Lightfoot
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I also have an Exotic Vette partition.

Seems a bit pricey for what you get. But I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. IMO it's well worth the functional improvements.

It installs easily, fits nicely, looks factory stock, provides a handy forward-facing shelf, does not interfere with targa storage, fits with a Lloyds cargo mat, reduces cargo shade flapping, makes the interior seem a bit quieter, sound from rear speakers seems better-directed forward, works great with a cargo shade to hide stuff in cargo area...

And it keeps that roll of paper towels (lower right) from unrolling into the driver's lap.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:39 AM
lkelliott
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I couldn't make up my mind either so I bought a convertible C6 Corvette and the partition comes stock!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:15 AM
BostonJoel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bought the MadVette partition and bins from Dave at Madvette in Murfreesboro TN. I picked the partition with the C6 plexiglass in the center. Matches the ebony carpet perfectly. Drove up and Dave installed for me. There is a 12V receptacle in the passenger side bin. Does not interfere with storage of the painted top.

Joel
Old 11-16-2010, 09:42 AM
C6FirstVette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here is your 'crazy cowboy' partition...got it when he first released it about 3+ years ago>>

Absolutely no complaints and well made...carpet matches OEM right on

Michael
Old 11-16-2010, 10:07 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by C-INRED
I have the Exotic Vette (Crazy Cowboy) partition. It works great, looks good and I like the fact that the spare top fits in the back with the partition in.

There are some pictures of it here on the Exotic Vette site....

http://exoticvette.com/C6%20partition.htm
This is the one I have and it really works nice and being able to take the top off is a must for storage
Old 11-17-2010, 05:38 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BostonJoel
Bought the MadVette partition and bins from Dave at Madvette in Murfreesboro TN. I picked the partition with the C6 plexiglass in the center. Matches the ebony carpet perfectly. Drove up and Dave installed for me. There is a 12V receptacle in the passenger side bin. Does not interfere with storage of the painted top.

Joel
Thanks Joel!!!
For those interested, I have 2 versions of the Partition, and you can add a storage bin to work with the partition, as Joel mentioned above.
The partition is made from MDF, carpet is OEM matching, and doesn't fade or discolor, even after a customer had it in his daily driver since 2006, with no tinted windows.
Our partition is made in house, and is available in Ebony or Cashmere carpet, and you don't have to remove it to stow the roof in the cargo area, as it is contoured to the roof.
Here are some pics that show the plexi window option (which can be made with your custom logo as well), and how the partition works with the cargo flap, and the roof storage.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:34 PM
jordyt123
Instructor

I'm sure these partitions work well. I'm just having a hard time justifying $150.00 for what is basically an MDF shelf covered with inexpensive carpet. I know it takes some skill to cut, but I still see "Corvette tax" .
Old 11-17-2010, 09:05 PM
tonyasc6
Drifting

Originally Posted by jordyt123
I'm sure these partitions work well. I'm just having a hard time justifying $150.00 for what is basically an MDF shelf covered with inexpensive carpet. I know it takes some skill to cut, but I still see "Corvette tax" .
Yep, some are them are $150.. But, if thats what a person wants to spend there $ on & it fits there needs then thats that.. I wanted to see some pics of the "different" types of partition.. I will buy 1.. Not totally sure yet which 1 but I will buy.. Actually if you look at it.. $150 doesn't buy much for these cars these days.... If you don't want to spend the $ you could make your own. I figure my time is better spent working, I will pay somebody else to make mine...

Last edited by tonyasc6; 11-17-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:40 PM
budgreen3564
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 238 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by peter pan
This is the one I have and it really works nice and being able to take the top off is a must for storage
same here. Highly recommend it.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:40 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

I think $150 is a fair price. Figure 2 hours for someone to measure, cut, assemble the wood and wrap it with carpet @$50/hr and $50 for material. Not to mention how they fit and look when installed. I'll probably get one too.

Get notified of new replies

To Which partition do you recommend?

Old 11-17-2010, 10:07 PM
LOUSVETTE
NCM Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got mine from MadVette also. I think it looks great

Old 11-17-2010, 10:12 PM
j_digi454
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LOUSVETTE
Got mine from MadVette also. I think it looks great.
Got mine there too, looks like it came with the Vette, not a mod.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:46 PM
cgrundman
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

I also got mine from Madvette. I did both the storage bin and the partition. I wanted the bin not only for extra storage but because I wanted the double drink holders for trips plus the power point in the passenger side bin. Madvette is the only one that offered them. I am very pleased with the looks and the fit.

Last edited by cgrundman; 07-27-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Which partition do you recommend?