C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM Cars at the New York Stock Exchange

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 11:18 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts
Default GM Cars at the New York Stock Exchange

After seeing the coverage this morning on TV, they have some GM cars out on display in front of the exchange. I just can't believe that they do not have a Corvette C6 there. The best looking and highest performance car that they make, plenty of room on the street.....just so dumb. It is always said that the Corvette is a "halo car" for GM...these idiots should get it the heck out there in front of the public! Its the ONE CAR that they make that has no american alternative. Venting....just venting...
Old 11-18-2010, 12:54 PM
The Clevite Kid
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 69 Likes on 45 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16,'17,'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

I agree 99%, but what is the AMERICAN equivalent to the CTS-V Sedan and Coupe ? ? ?
Old 11-18-2010, 01:00 PM
StoplightWarrior
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

yep, Corvette is on a whole different level. It's the modest man's access to owning a Supercar.

Get em out there!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Never Say Never
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sadly, they need to promote a green image. Putting the Vette out would promote excess. Don't get me wrong I would love to see GM promote a valuable asset like the Vette. However, politics play a huge part of the automotive world now more then ever.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:12 PM
rchbn
Pro

Originally Posted by Never Say Never
Sadly, they need to promote a green image. Putting the Vette out would promote excess. Don't get me wrong I would love to see GM promote a valuable asset like the Vette. However, politics play a huge part of the automotive world now more then ever.
My Corvette gets better gas mileage than my sisters PT Cruiser! Why would putting out a Corvette not be green? Maybe they could manage to gas mileage next to the cars to show how green a Corvette can be?
Old 11-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Never Say Never
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by rchbn
My Corvette gets better gas mileage than my sisters PT Cruiser! Why would putting out a Corvette not be green? Maybe they could manage to gas mileage next to the cars to show how green a Corvette can be?
The Corvette gets great gas milage. But how many people know that? Perception is everything in politics and sales.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:16 PM
StoplightWarrior
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I can't tell you how many times I was filling up and asked, "Nice car...what kinda mileage do you get, though?"

Then when I said, "Well, I got 32mpg when I drove to Lake Tahoe." People just looked away like, "BS."

They dont want to believe it.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Never Say Never
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior
I can't tell you how many times I was filling up and asked, "Nice car...what kinda mileage do you get, though?"

Then when I said, "Well, I got 32mpg when I drove to Lake Tahoe." People just looked away like, "BS."

They dont want to believe it.

People just do not believe it. I have to actually show people the dash in order for them to know I'm telling the truth. Perception is everything.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Vasta
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by cclive
After seeing the coverage this morning on TV, they have some GM cars out on display in front of the exchange. I just can't believe that they do not have a Corvette C6 there. The best looking and highest performance car that they make, plenty of room on the street.....just so dumb. It is always said that the Corvette is a "halo car" for GM...these idiots should get it the heck out there in front of the public! Its the ONE CAR that they make that has no american alternative. Venting....just venting...
Old 11-18-2010, 02:47 PM
DriverC6
Pro

Perception is important.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:57 PM
NYC6
Team Owner

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts

I bet that was the jist of the talk at the closed doors meeting which decided which cars will go.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:18 PM
YLOFEVR
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Default GM display at Wall Street

And PARTICULARLY on Wall Street.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:13 PM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cclive
What cars were there? Are you sure they didn't have one inside?
Old 11-18-2010, 04:39 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

OBAMA and the GREENIES would have had a fit if a VETTE was out there!
Old 11-18-2010, 04:43 PM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

Received 308 Likes on 198 Posts
FL Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by 08crm
Old 11-18-2010, 04:51 PM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 08crm
Yeah, that is why more Corvette commercials (sliding sideways and burning considerable rubber) than you have ever seen in your entire life have been shown over the last few months. The Corvette (and the Camaro) is also in at least one other commercial that is running a lot also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MaUe3bpRRY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5AG2KbD5ko

Last edited by vettedoogie; 11-18-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Never Say Never
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by vettedoogie
Yeah, that is why more Corvette commercials (sliding sideways and burning considerable rubber) than you have ever seen in your entire life have been shown over the last month. The Corvette (and the Camaro) is also in at least one other commercial that is running a lot lately.
This is quite a bit different then a simple commercial or 2. There are billions of dollars at stake along with a political statement and a perception of green that must be upheld during this show on wall street.

Get notified of new replies

To GM Cars at the New York Stock Exchange

Old 11-18-2010, 05:03 PM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

This is quite a bit different then a simple commercial or 2. There are billions of dollars at stake along with a political statement and a perception of green that must be upheld during this show on wall street.
Yeah, only millions more people will have seen them in the commercials than will on Wall St. this morning.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Never Say Never
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by vettedoogie
Yeah, only millions more people will have seen them in the commercials than will on Wall St. this morning.
Maybe you are unaware of the difference between a news story where the cars will be seen on today's news shows and a commercial.
Again, this show on wall street today along with the President's comments are about perception and how America is supposed to perceive GM and the President.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:26 PM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

Maybe you are unaware of the difference between a news story where the cars will be seen on today's news shows and a commercial.
Again, this show on wall street today along with the President's comments are about perception and how America is supposed to perceive GM and the President.
So yeah, you watched two months worth of Corvette and other GM commercials and the ABSENCE of one car in front of the exchange on a morning show is going to affect your stock purchase. Please.

So tell me exactly what cars were there. Since you saw them all. This morning.

Quick Reply: GM Cars at the New York Stock Exchange