C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How often do you wax?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

We've had it for 18 months, plus it sat on the dealer's lot for 9 months before that.

I'm gonna wax it sometime soon.

We followed a similar routine on our 2001 and 2006, they looked great when we finally got around to a wax job.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:40 PM
HoustonTX
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by studiovete
I'm hearing allot of talk on the zaino stuff. Can you buy it online? I know only certain dealers carry it. And if I decide to switch over what products do I need for a similar type system
If you’re going with Zaino – I recommend that you start with:
Z-18 Clay bar
Z-7 Car wash
Z-5 Polish
Z-6 Gloss enhancer spray
And more Z-6 Gloss enhancer - you can never have too much Z-6!!

Some also use the Z-2 polish, personally I just use the Z-18 Clay (for the initial treatment, maybe annually after that) Z-7, Z-5 and Z-6.

After the initial process is done, I just wash my Machine Silver with Z-7 car wash and quick spray and wipe down with Z-6 Gloss enhancer and you will feel that slick finish that you were talking about. I still add additional layers of Z-5 when I get the time. You can pile on as many layers as you like, the Zaino will never yellow, the more layers, the more depth you will see in your paint.

Zaino also offers border-free blonde towels – they are not cheap ($25/3) but they are the best I have ever used, especially with the Z-6 spray.

There are plenty of great products out there and Zaino may not be for everybody, but I honestly have noticed a dramatic difference in the depth, and reflection, of my Machine Silver since using Zaino.

You can buy it at http://www.zainostore.com/

Old 12-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Blue Demon Owner
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfdogs
I stop counting... when ever I feel like it... LOL and:

thats a lot.

bwahahaahhahahaha

but i dont wax, I "polymer"..... Zaino Show Car Polish. FTW
The "King of Zaino" is NOT kidding! There must be at least 40 coats of Zaino on that beautiful black beast by now! By far, the most striking photos and shine of any car on this forum.

Just wish I could get to the "other side" to do a Zaino session with Wolfdogs. He has contributed much time and effort with other forum members over the Zaino system, I wish I could be one.

Quick Reply: How often do you wax?