C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you have Weather Tech Floor Mats in your Vette?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 11:54 AM
MGretz70
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do you have Weather Tech Floor Mats in your Vette?

Then I may have some good news for you. At some point in time Weather Tech changed their design of the Corvette floor mat. I think mainly because they didn't fit worth a crap in the first place. And if you are lucky enough to have purchased them from Weather Tech and have the receipt then you may be able to get the new updated design. But that's a big "IF"

It is in my opinion that if a company places a Warranty on a product and says they will stand by their warranty should do so no matter where the product came from. Here is my story and yes I am mainly on a rant, I purchased a 2005 Corvette that came with these mats installed already. I noticed that these mats especially on the driver's side don't fit like they should and like others fit that I have had before on different vehicles and looked on the website and noticed the Corvette had a different part number than the one I had. So I took a few pics with the part number on them and sent it into Weather Tech. I received an email back approx. 3 weeks later stating yes those are the correct floor mats for the Corvette but they recently changed the mold on them so they have a different part number now and that's why the part number is different. He asked me to take a few pics of the fitment issue and they would see what they could do.

I snapped several pics and sent them in. Waited....Waited...and Waited, 4 or 5 weeks later I sent another email stating my issue with all the pics and then waited again. Now almost 3 months later I finally received an email back from them stating they were sorry but have been busy with all the holiday sales this season.

Now this is the Warranty statement on their website:

Guarantee - WeatherTech® All-Weather Floor Mats are guaranteed against defects in materials or workmanship for 10 years from the date of purchase. Exclusions to this warranty are wear due to severe abrasive conditions and chemical contamination, such as spilled gasoline, bleach, etc. We are reasonable people and we believe in customer satisfaction. Depending on the situation, we will either replace your All-Weather Floor Mats at no charge or charge you a prorated amount for a replacement.

Their basic answer to me is they will give me 25% off a new set of mats because I don't have the original receipt for the purchase of the floor mats I have! If I had the original receipt then they would replace them.

And all I was asking was if I can send them the floor mats I have to be replaced, to me and my opinion I think they should honor the guarantee they put in place on their product regardless of where they were purchased or by who, even if they have a receipt or not. There are numerous other companies that would do this without a receipt - Craftsmen, Snap-On, Kobalt Tools just to name a few.

Am I asking to much from this company or does anybody else feel the same as I do? For a company to stand behind the product they manufacture and place a warranty on.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:09 PM
KneeDragr
Melting Slicks

Pretty much none of their floor mats fit as far as I can tell. Ive tried them before, so has my wife, in cars we previously owned. They didnt fit. I'm guessing they just make a few dozen sizes and then just pick the closest match for any particular car.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Tide Will Roll!
Drifting

I have the WeatherTech Digital Fit mats in my C6, love them.

Pics of your mats?

Bert
Old 01-10-2013, 01:14 PM
rip74
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by KneeDragr
Pretty much none of their floor mats fit as far as I can tell. Ive tried them before, so has my wife, in cars we previously owned. They didnt fit. I'm guessing they just make a few dozen sizes and then just pick the closest match for any particular car.
The "digital fit" floormats are cut to fit the floor of each individual car model they sell them for. It sounds like you were not using the digital fit mats. I have experience with four different cars and they all fit great in each one (truck, truck, SUV, car).
Old 01-10-2013, 01:15 PM
HyperX
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I have them in my Lincoln MKS and they are awesome. Since I do not drive in snowy weather, I do not have it in my Vette.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:29 PM
JCtx
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by MGretz70
Am I asking to much from this company or does anybody else feel the same as I do?
They should replace them IMO, since C6 is less than 10 years old, and they make the mats. Asking for a receipt is typical practice from resellers, but shouldn't be the case from a manufacturer which sells directly to the public, and is guaranteeing a good fit. It shows they're more interested in profits than happy customers. But that's the case for most companies nowadays.

As a side story, I ordered some of those mats for an SUV, and they fitted well, but they looked like crap in a few hundred miles. The rubber scratched like hell, plus were impossible to clean. They were aware of that and were changing the material, but no free replacement either. Threw them away, and bought the factory 'all-weather' mats instead. Will never buy mats from them again. And in your case, I'd do the same based on their customer service alone.

Bottom line for me is this: those mats look like crap on a Vette IMO, good fit or not. So just buy a nice set of Lloyd's and call it a day . Good luck man.

Last edited by JCtx; 01-10-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:31 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,578 Likes on 1,619 Posts

No eating, drinking or muddy feet in my Vettes! Not required by me
Old 01-10-2013, 01:57 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

Another happy customer here. Nov to Feb around here or the carpets get wet and look terrible by summer, even with regular cleaning.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:13 PM
TerryL
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

OEMs here. Bought a set in August for my 06 vert. Fit perfectly and they're very comfy on bare feet. Not too expensive either.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,434 Likes on 778 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I have Weather Tech mats in both C6's and my Avalanche. They all fit perfectly. A must have for me since I have to travel a dirt road twice a day .
Old 01-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

No need for these on my Z, it's stored during lousy weather months.

But my wife just this morning commented how much she loves the ones I bought for her CTS-4 several years ago, already. Every Spring simply remove revealing pristine matts & carpets, rince & store 'til needed.
Love 'em.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Redvette_22
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

MGretz70, what is the fit problem you have? I bought WeatherTech mats for my 09 shortly after I picked up the car and never really liked the way they fit. I've had them before for other Vettes and other cars and they always seemed to fit fine but these C6 mats don't come close.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:48 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

JMHO..Waste of money for me...The Z06 only gets out during the better weather months
Old 01-10-2013, 04:49 PM
snowbird12
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got a set in Dec for my 08 , they fit great.
I also have them in a Tahoe and a Cruze all great.
I just wish they had a better selection of colors.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:02 PM
BigJoe
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

I got some Lloyd's rubber mats for the back hatch area (in case my wife buy some messy stuff) and love them. Smelled awful at first but the smell went away fast. Fits perfectly.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:11 PM
MGretz70
Racer

Here are some pics. If I try and line the mat up with the post it leaves about a 2 inch gap towards the front between the floor and mat, if I push the mat all the way forward it doesn't come close to lining up with the post for securing. The passenger side fits just fine, it is just the driver's side I have the issue with.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 196 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

I have them in my Ford Taurus and they fit perfectly.

My Vette has Lloyds and in bad weather I have the Lloyds plastic protectors that sit on top of the mats.

Getting back to your situation I agree with you. They should send you a new pair since you are willing to mail them the older ones.
With the exception of the mounting post the floor hasn't changed in the Vette. They should have fit properly from day one. IMHO

Good Luck

Get notified of new replies

To Do you have Weather Tech Floor Mats in your Vette?

Old 01-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

No, but my wife has them in her CRV.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Tide Will Roll!
Drifting

Thats looks like the same mats I have but I have not checked PN yet.
I just gave mine a quick look, its flush against he dead pedal and there is a small gap between the front and the firewall less than a half inch I would say.
I am happy with the way these fit, yours may be warped? Dont know...

If it were me and I did not buy them new, no way I would expect WT to send me new ones. I also have them in my wifes car and have some of the older type in my truck...

They seem to be a good company, they might send you new ones as a goodwill gesture but look at it from their perspective. Are they to be expected to replace any and all mats just for the asking irregardless of who bought them

If you need more pics I can maybe get some this weekend.
Here is only pic I already have, dont think it will help though.

Bert

Roll Tide!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,049 Likes on 1,361 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

We have Cocomats up front, a thick/loose weave that allows dirt & slop to sink into the weave and disappear, but the rubber backing on the bottom keeps the OEM carpets clean.

We have a Lloyds carpeted trunk mat (Cashmere, like our front carpet) the lighter color looks nicer and makes it much easier to find small objects at night. If we are going to carry something in the trunk that might be dirty, we can flip the lloyds mat so the rubber backing is on top; just remove, wipe off, reinstall with carpet side up after the cargo is at home.

Quick Reply: Do you have Weather Tech Floor Mats in your Vette?