C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power seat no work

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 12:05 AM
vetadmiral
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat issues

Yes I found the solution to seat staying in position and constantly running.

When the sit was set, it was set beyond the extreme position. When the system is turned on, the seat tries to get beyond the final positon but cant get there. It keeps just trying until the motor heats up and trips the breaker.

The solution is to reset the seat before the breaker trips. I started by just doing the seat set anywhere off the extreme position. Once everything is settled down, you can set the seat where you want. Being a "full-figured" guy I need the seat way back. I just have to watch not push it beyond it's limit.

I hope that's clear and I hope that helps.

The Admiral
Old 09-03-2012, 05:53 PM
c6reaperx
c6reaperx
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Which fuses - relays did you pull. Which one was getting hot?
Old 09-03-2012, 06:10 PM
vetadmiral
Heel & Toe

The seat is protected by a breaker. It turns out the breaker didnt need to be replaced because it resets when it cools off. So the breaker is still functional after it trips.
My solution was to reset the seat within it's limits. My problem was setting the seat too far back. Apparently my seat could be set too far back.
If you need to find the breaker, look in the manual. The seat's circuit breaker is in the fuse panel under the passenger-side dash. There is a map of the panel in the manual.
The Admiral
Old 09-03-2012, 07:04 PM
c6reaperx
c6reaperx
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by vetadmiral
The seat is protected by a breaker. It turns out the breaker didnt need to be replaced because it resets when it cools off. So the breaker is still functional after it trips.
My solution was to reset the seat within it's limits. My problem was setting the seat too far back. Apparently my seat could be set too far back.
If you need to find the breaker, look in the manual. The seat's circuit breaker is in the fuse panel under the passenger-side dash. There is a map of the panel in the manual.
The Admiral
Mine was working great until if no one was setting in the seat. I took the seat out and could not find loose connections, installed the seat and everything was fine. When i moved it to the farthest back position to tighten the front bolts, it quit. Will not move at all.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:19 PM
vetadmiral
Heel & Toe

Sounds like you may have had a similar experience. I want to emphasize I'm not a mechanic or familiar with these seats by any stretch of the imagination. I just got lucky trying to fix my seat.
My symptoms: After the seat is in the extreme back position, the control keeps trying to move the seat back. You can hear it working. after a minute or so, the breaker trips and then, because the current is cut off, the seat does nothing.
When I shut the car off and let it cool down, the seat would work until the breaker would trip again. I originally replaced the breaker but that didnt help because it was not the problem.
My next guess was to let everything cool down so the breaker would reset. Move the seat forward out of the extreme backward position. That worked. Now I'm very careful about how back I push the seat. If it happens again, I know what to do.
The big question is how long does it take to cool down? I dont know. I live in the desert (Phoenix area) but this happened in February when its nice.
I let it cool down about three hours. Probably way longer than necessary but didnt want to spend half a day determining what the time frame is. The main thing is when it turns on and is working, to get over right away and get that seat moved off the extreme position. I didnt the first time and waited another three hours for another shot.
Anyway, good luck with this.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:16 PM
c6reaperx
c6reaperx
Support Corvetteforum!

My issue ended up being a broken ground at the connector that is attached to the box on the wire frame of the seat bottom.

Was able to get a ground in there and move the seat, all repaired now.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:49 PM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23

Anyone have the issue where the seat moves properly forward and backward, but does not tilt up or down?
Old 10-26-2012, 02:35 AM
vetadmiral
Heel & Toe

Glad you're fixed up. Asking around at the club (Desert Corvette Assn, Phoenix area) it seems this happens occasionally.

Quick Reply: power seat no work