C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vette Hound - anyone have good or bad experience with them?

Old 01-15-2011, 01:57 AM
hippiefreak67
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Vette Hound - anyone have good or bad experience with them?

Has any fellow motorheads ever had any expeience, either good OR bad, with a sales sight called Vette Hound? (www.vettehound.com)
I am e-mailing back and forth with someone there for a possible sale on my first Corvette...shoulda NEVER bought my '09 Dodge Challenger SRT...catostrophic engine failure at < 11,000 miles after babying it since new.
Anyheeeew...anyone got words of "Yay or Nay?"

Winter needs to go away, need to drive my real car today.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:05 AM
foremaw
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 114 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Have not used them. Plus, according to many on this site only GM's Corvette can have catastrophic engine failure, it never happens to any other cars.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:21 AM
hippiefreak67
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by foremaw
Have not used them. Plus, according to many on this site only GM's Corvette can have catastrophic engine failure, it never happens to any other cars.
Unfortunately, My MOPAR has made me Mope about MY CAR. OPen heart surgery at under 11,000 miles. UGH and UG-LY.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:19 PM
PaystarCEO
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My first three inquiries were all SCAMS! Each one unable to speak with me, all asking me to do some crazy wire money scenario where you (and possibly your bank) will get screwed out of a lot of money.

I don't trust this site at all. A total waste of time if you have to always wonder what is real and what is fake.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:21 AM
BK55
1st Gear

Originally Posted by PaystarCEO
My first three inquiries were all SCAMS! Each one unable to speak with me, all asking me to do some crazy wire money scenario where you (and possibly your bank) will get screwed out of a lot of money.

I don't trust this site at all. A total waste of time if you have to always wonder what is real and what is fake.
I have written 3 owners advertising on the site, 2 ignored me, and I led me to believe he is interested in selling, and then nothing. I guess this is how some people get their thrills. Time for Vettehounds to purge the list
Old 12-07-2012, 05:48 PM
The Chair Man
Intermediate

Default Beware of Vettehound!!

Vettehound is a Corvette for sale site that ONLY cares about the revenue they generate from ads. They could care less if the ads are obvious scams. Just went through back to back scams and Vettehound is impossible to contact, no email, phone number, customer service or other avenue I could find on their site to report fraudulent ads.

Bottom line, if the deal seems too good to be true...... It is!

Both people were ready to rip me off for many thousands of dollars until I asked for things like home addresses and employers name for verification. I could have flown to Florida, got picked up by the "seller" who would then bring me to the car.. right, with a certified check for $20k. the only thing i probably would have gotten is a bullet in the back of my head! Never heard from either party again when I demanded ( nicely) answers to my questions. What puzzles me though, both vehicles had clean Car Fax reports?
Old 12-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by BK55
I have written 3 owners advertising on the site, 2 ignored me, and I led me to believe he is interested in selling, and then nothing. I guess this is how some people get their thrills. Time for Vettehounds to purge the list
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...s-or-more.html

Get notified of new replies

To Vette Hound - anyone have good or bad experience with them?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vette Hound - anyone have good or bad experience with them?