C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed Blockit insulation mat

Old 02-22-2011, 12:06 PM
thptrek
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Just installed Blockit insulation mat

I installed the Blockit sound insulation mat and the behind the seat panels this weekend and I am very impressed. The mat just goes in the hatch area and the fit is excellent. I installed the two panels that go behind the seats behind the carpet. The carpet in that area is not tacked down so it is easy to do.

The mat looks very polished in the rear cargo area so I don't think that I will add an aftermarket cargo mat on top of it.

While commuting to work this morning on the freeway I really did notice a difference. I did not have to crank the radio way up and the voices and music were much clearer.

If you are looking for a real easy sound insulation solution I would recommend this product.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,044 Likes on 1,358 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

We've had the Blockit mats for about a year, a noticable improvement. Switching from Supercar to Michelin tires was another improvement.

We finally put a Cashmere Lloyds mat (from Fichtner Chevrolet) in the trunk just because the factory Ebony carpet or the Blockit mat, both create a "black hole" effect in there that makes it hard to find small objects at night. And just look, uh, dark.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:33 PM
C6Vette2009
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great product! It does work. I also bought the LLoyds cargo mat for the hatch and now the car is super quiet. It's worth the money!
Old 02-23-2011, 01:13 PM
TKO Performance
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 279 Likes on 222 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by thptrek
I installed the Blockit sound insulation mat and the behind the seat panels this weekend and I am very impressed. The mat just goes in the hatch area and the fit is excellent. I installed the two panels that go behind the seats behind the carpet. The carpet in that area is not tacked down so it is easy to do.

The mat looks very polished in the rear cargo area so I don't think that I will add an aftermarket cargo mat on top of it.

While commuting to work this morning on the freeway I really did notice a difference. I did not have to crank the radio way up and the voices and music were much clearer.

If you are looking for a real easy sound insulation solution I would recommend this product.
Fantastic review. Real glad to hear your happy with our Blockit.
By far one of our hottest sellers.
Yea that top perferated vinyl layer is not only tough as nails but it looks good installed too.

Thank you for the kinds words, for taking the time to post it up on the forum and your business!

Ed

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim

We've had the Blockit mats for about a year, a noticable improvement. Switching from Supercar to Michelin tires was another improvement.
Thanks

Originally Posted by C6Vette2009
Great product! It does work. I also bought the LLoyds cargo mat for the hatch and now the car is super quiet. It's worth the money!
Awesome!
Yes an aftermarket carpet hides it 1,2,3...

Thanks everybody!

Ed

Serving The Corvette Forum For 21 Years!!

Allow us to add you to the list of extremely satisfied customers.
Order Securely Online 24/7: http://tkoperformance.com/index.html
Feel Free To Contact Us By Phone: 1800 -778- 9898 Monday- Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm

Click Here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TKO-Pe...e/367433626633
Old 02-23-2011, 02:03 PM
MisterMidlifeCrisis
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Has anyone installed a Blockit mat in a Corvette that has already been fully insulated with an under-carpet kit?
Old 02-23-2011, 02:35 PM
snowman0920
Racer

I just put one in my '05 coupe. The difference in interior sound was instantly noticable. After cranking it up I had to put the window down a little to make sure the engine was running OK.

It did however, take me double the 30 second recommended install time, due to me flopping it in there upside down and then having to take it out and flip it over because I didn't read the instructions.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:50 PM
laconiajack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed the Blockit insulation kit, Lloyds cargo and floor mats, Vettbin storage and cargo divider units, a second cargo privacy curtain, padded cloth headliner inserts, plus Michelin A/S Plus ZP tires on my '09 LS3 coupe. I'm finally able to fully enjoy the superior sound of the base radio, and the gurgling/popping backing down and authorative acceleration sounds which the NPP exhaust system (on which I keep the bypass valves cracked open 1/4 inch) produces with the manual six speed transmission. These mods, plus the superior ride and handling of the F55 magnetic suspension, provide an unsurpassed touring/sports car experience.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:12 PM
robbiC5
Burning Brakes

I couldn't tell any difference with mine installed.....but I already had a Loyds cargo mat back there.....maybe that's all you need? These are also very heavy, although they do fit nicely. The way I grade a particular mod is ask myself "would I do this again?" and my answer to this mod would be no.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:02 PM
BornSUPERCHARGED
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by robbiC5
I couldn't tell any difference with mine installed.....but I already had a Loyds cargo mat back there.....maybe that's all you need? These are also very heavy, although they do fit nicely. The way I grade a particular mod is ask myself "would I do this again?" and my answer to this mod would be no.
What tires are you running?

Year of your car / coupe or convertible?

Old 02-24-2011, 02:34 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

I'd say it's a must do. I would defintely buy again!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:40 AM
robbiC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by simplyphp
What tires are you running?

Year of your car / coupe or convertible?

345 Invos out back on a 2005 coupe. Not downgrading the mats, just saying, for me, I couldn't tell a difference. Maybe with some testing equipment or just really trying to convince myself, I might be able to.......but just throwin 'em in there, no.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:45 AM
davekp78
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2016 C1 of the Year Finalist
2015 C2 of the Year Finalist

One of the few mods I did that I could tell any difference.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,044 Likes on 1,358 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Nothing wrong with being honest.

We already had a lloyds cargo mat and Cocomats up front, but could still tell a difference with the Blockit. However; with our stock NPP exhaust closed most of the time, the difference only appeared when driving the Supercar tires over about 30 mph. When stopped or at low speeds, our car did not generate enough noise for the Blockit to be noticable.

As noted by others, I also don't "hear" a big difference unless I'm trying to listen to our Nav PAL Ipod or my wife, then the music seems clearer and the wife seems, uh, more "helpful".
Old 02-25-2011, 10:05 AM
deltadude
Pro

I have an order in for the block it sound deadner. I ordered 10 days ago and still hasn't shipped. I looked at my charge card bill and was already charged. They also charged $10 more than the invoice. I emailed them but have not gotten a response yet.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:44 AM
snowman0920
Racer

Originally Posted by deltadude
I have an order in for the block it sound deadner. I ordered 10 days ago and still hasn't shipped. I looked at my charge card bill and was already charged. They also charged $10 more than the invoice. I emailed them but have not gotten a response yet.

Call up Ed. He'll probably answer the phone himself. Could be a problem with the shipper, or the product could be on backorder.

Also, the $10 oversized box charge is clearly disclosed during the checkout process. If you didn't see it you weren't reading before you clicked.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:41 PM
d.medic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by snowman0920
Call up Ed. He'll probably answer the phone himself. Could be a problem with the shipper, or the product could be on backorder.

Also, the $10 oversized box charge is clearly disclosed during the checkout process. If you didn't see it you weren't reading before you clicked.
ED is very nice and I'm sure will help you out.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:41 PM
casting kid
Intermediate

I install on my 2005 and could tell a difference immediately. Now I know when the wife is in the car!Great product, does what Ed claims.

Get notified of new replies

To Just installed Blockit insulation mat

Old 02-26-2011, 10:03 AM
deltadude
Pro

I must have missed where the extra $10 comes in. The invoice shows $22 in shipping and then the $251.95 total. I'll give him a call. I was hoping to get it before I drove down to get my HUD installed. It's a 3 hour drive.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:30 PM
LOUSVETTE
NCM Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Install blockit over a year ago and must say its one of the best mods I've done and Ed is a first class vender.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:08 PM
RtStuf
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Very pleased w this addition!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just installed Blockit insulation mat