C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pistol holster

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Dennis08
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Ankle holster, always have it on you.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:33 AM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Location: Stafford VA, home of our wolf den. No house break ins to date.
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In 1994.. I was sitting in my 94 Trans Am GT in a parking lot at Sams playing with my first cell phone.. they had just activated it.. a bag phone! LOL..remember those? All of a sudden, a ragged old Chevette came flying up and stopped beside my drivers door.. only inches away from my TA.. blocking my exit. A heavy set guy jumped out of the Chevette with a baseball bat and came running around to the passenger side door ... as he reached for the door handle (it was locked.. no telling what he planned next) I retrieved my Colt Mustang .380 from my center console and pointed it at his face point blank.... his eyes got big as half dollars, he froze for a second... then went flying back to his car and sped off. I called 911 on the new phone. They caught him merging on the interstate and asked me to come down and ID him...which I did. Turns out he had carjacked and wounded a lady in DC for that old Chevette...
Old 03-06-2011, 10:48 AM
TScottTX
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

And here I thought that was what the center console was made for. Convenient when driving snug in our bolstered seats when it may be difficult to access your weapon if on your person. BTW, best to keep a lot of loose junk away from the trigger guard. For those who are appalled that Corvette owners may be carrying a weapon, it's just another tool, kinda like a bottle of bug remover for those roadside emergencies.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:52 AM
QbnSuperman
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

bodyguard 380 (the new s&w with laser) in the center console
Old 03-06-2011, 11:26 AM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by QbnSuperman
bodyguard 380 (the new s&w with laser) in the center console
Isn't that kind of pea-shooter for you? What load are you carrying?
Old 03-06-2011, 11:37 AM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

Between law enforcement and concealed carry laws, I've been able to carry for more than 30 years and still have the old 5 shot S&W Chief I carried off duty and plain clothes.

With a suede 'inside the waistband' holster, it fits perfectly between the drivers seat and the console -- then easy to stick inside my slacks getting out of the car. I'm hardly 'slim', and wearing it it this car with limited space is simply uncomfortable for me.

I've used ankle rigs, but with the limited space inside the Vette and the fact we wear shorts for a longer period of the year, the waistband works better for me.

But to each their own - - seems like a matter of weapon size, owner size and personal preference.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Received 866 Likes on 397 Posts

Old school here. S&W Model 60 Chiefs Special 5 shot in .38 cal.
It's reassuring to know it'll go bang when you pull the trigger.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-06-2011, 12:19 PM
goatts
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TBonez
I'm just wondering if Audi, Porsche, BMW or Mercedes have a thread like this in their forums...???

This is one of the threads that makes me want to sell this....this stupid gun-toting stigma shouldn't be attached to the Vette.....and trust me, it's probably one of the nicest Vettes in this whole Damn Forum...and you read about this crap all the time... hey we have fast cars.. if your in a situation you get outta there and then call the cops....enough of the Rambo crap... it's 2011 already.
You better hurry and sell that vette before your image is totaly ruined! I don't "pack heat" but I will tell you it is there to save your life (and your wife if she's with you) as a last resort when you can't call the cops or run (read Wolfdogs post). And besides everbody knows Rambo drives a Mustang.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:22 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

I'm just wondering if Audi, Porsche, BMW or Mercedes have a thread like this in their forums...???

This is one of the threads that makes me want to sell this....this stupid gun-toting stigma shouldn't be attached to the Vette.....and trust me, it's probably one of the nicest Vettes in this whole Damn Forum...and you read about this crap all the time... hey we have fast cars.. if your in a situation you get outta there and then call the cops....enough of the Rambo crap... it's 2011 already.
Just wow......

Old 03-06-2011, 12:22 PM
KBoltz
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by goatts
You better hurry and sell that vette before your image is totaly ruined! I don't "pack heat" but I will tell you it is there to save your life (and your wife if she's with you) as a last resort when you can't call the cops or run (read Wolfdogs post). And besides everbody knows Rambo drives a Mustang.
No he doesn't drive a Mustang - he drove a chopped and channeled 50 Merc with a flat black paint job.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Radioman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

DADT... except the COPS.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:34 PM
LionGS
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wish I was able to even have the problem of finding a place to store a wheelgun in the vette.

Sadly, my state (and esp my city) does not agree with the 2nd. amendment.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:37 PM
LionGS
Pro

Check out wolfdogs post on page three.

When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

Also, driving away? What about when you are walking to or walking away from your vette? Does not matter how fast the cars are then.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:38 PM
4thC4at60
Le Mans Master

Received 2,921 Likes on 1,302 Posts

Originally Posted by TScottTX
And here I thought that was what the center console was made for. Convenient when driving snug in our bolstered seats when it may be difficult to access your weapon if on your person. BTW, best to keep a lot of loose junk away from the trigger guard. For those who are appalled that Corvette owners may be carrying a weapon, it's just another tool, kinda like a bottle of bug remover for those roadside emergencies.

Your console compartment is so neat I'm embarrassed. Mine looks like something the Joad's would have had.

For those who care: My carry gun is a Colt Defender in .45 ACP with Crimson Trace laser grips. And yes, I have a CHL.

Last edited by 4thC4at60; 03-06-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:59 PM
sugarlandc6
Advanced

Sig P229 40S&W w/Crimson Trace Laser grips in the center console for me!
Old 03-06-2011, 01:06 PM
goatts
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KBoltz
No he doesn't drive a Mustang - he drove a chopped and channeled 50 Merc with a flat black paint job.
Here you go bro:

http://www.stangtv.com/news/sylveste...at-scottsdale/

http://jjb.yuku.com/topic/541069

Last edited by goatts; 03-06-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:24 PM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Received 161 Likes on 87 Posts

LEO for the last 25 years and I always have the 4 following things with me.
1. keys
2. wallet
3. cell phone
4. GUN! Off duty, Ruger 380

As an LEO, I have no problem with citizens who carry a gun (lawfully).
But, if you are ever stopped or confronted by the Po Po, please advise them you are armed with proper paperwork avalaible. They will appreciate it and treat you with respect. Now, if you carry unlawfully, you should go streight to jail and not pass go on your way!

Get notified of new replies

To Pistol holster

Old 03-06-2011, 01:24 PM
KBoltz
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 10 Posts

That thing is hideously ugly. I was referring to the 50 Merc he drove in the movie Cobra. That had plenty of room for an arsenal.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:28 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by iridelow
But, if you are ever stopped or confronted by the Po Po, please advise them you are armed with proper paperwork avalaible. They will appreciate it and treat you with respect. Now, if you carry unlawfully, you should go streight to jail and not pass go on your way!
I've been stopped before (for speed), placed both hands on the wheel and informed the LEO I had a CCW, was carrying and waited for further instruction.

Let me off with a warning
Old 03-06-2011, 01:28 PM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

A. This thread is NOT representative of all Corvette owners. I don't understand where you get this image of Corvette owners to be gun-toting idiots.

B. Plenty of luxury car owners I know carry as well. Which, in all honesty, makes sense, seeing as where I live, only the wealthy and powerful have the clout to get CCWs. They may not have these threads, but it does NOT mean that the man in the suit that runs a hedge fund does not have a P229 stashed in his 750i.

C. Your car ain't ****. You have wheels and some nonfunctional aero stuff. BFD. So there might be a cam or a centri under the hood. Still not impressed. The nicest cars on the board tend to be widebodies, making 550+whp, running wheels that cost in the 5k+ range, with 15k+ Caravaggio interiors.

D. When a pickup truck blocks your path with the intent of car jacking you, all that speed won't be worth a damn. Calling the cops is a great idea, if you're fortuitous enough to have a LEO down the block from you.

Last edited by 4GS7; 03-06-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Pistol holster