C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driveway curb ramps

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 02:30 PM
08velocity
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by TB427Z06
Here's my solution: 2'X2'X1" rubber tiles. I've got a 1 1/2" drop off the end of my driveway into the road. My air dam would drop hard into the driveway and scrape for the last 6 inches or so till it cleared. Also my front splitter would scrape if not at an extreme angle. Now no scraping at all. They are called 1" eco-tiles and are made from car tires. here's the link: http://www.rubbercal.com/Eco_Sport_1_Inch.html

wonder if they would work for the entrance/ exit of my garage,my drive has a bit of a steep uphill incline to the street.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:23 PM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Location: 2007 Nat'l Corvette Challenge 11.50 index Champ. New Jersey
Received 210 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperTom
sorry to bring back old thread but I need to know where these are. I move into a new house at the end of the month with a huge dip. I don't want to pay $300+ for some rubber.
I got these for the driveway at my office.

I found them in the outdoor section near the patio tiles and such. Out of the 3 people in the store I asked where they were, only 1 knew what I was even talking about.

I bought 2 tiles with a horizontal thinner one and it was not nearly enough. I went back and bought 6 more tiles. I will try tomorrow again to see if it works. I am wondering how to secure them to the ground so they don't "walk away."
Old 06-19-2013, 11:23 PM
Johnathon59
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Ron
I got these for the driveway at my office.

I found them in the outdoor section near the patio tiles and such. Out of the 3 people in the store I asked where they were, only 1 knew what I was even talking about.

I bought 2 tiles with a horizontal thinner one and it was not nearly enough. I went back and bought 6 more tiles. I will try tomorrow again to see if it works. I am wondering how to secure them to the ground so they don't "walk away."
you could try a little roofing cement, it will adhere the ramps to the pavement & is absolutely waterproof, not easily removed but could probably be pried up with some work **
Old 06-19-2013, 11:38 PM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
I was wondering the same about the ramps being stolen, but they are bolted together and they weigh like 160 lbs and not real maneuverable so I think they are safe.
I have a 12' section of bridgit at the end of my driveway. The driveway itself is 38' wide and the drainage curb at the end is pretty severe in the slope. The bridgit works great, the sections together weigh about 170 lbs, so I sunk 6 lags into the concrete curb drain and bolted them down, and I remove them for the winter season. I guess if some ***** wants to go to the trouble of unbolting them and dragging 170 lbs away, not much I can do about that.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:43 PM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

[QUOTE=Thrash;1581533641]
Originally Posted by TLK

The major issue with these is they are an ugly, dumb-azz cheap solution, they use "Recycled rubber tires" so their cost is nearly zero ... instead of using a gray or cement-colored rubber or plastic that matched the color of EVERY curb out there.

I wrote the Brigit peeps and asked why they weren't concrete-colored, their response was they "only offer black."

Also, if you have a concrete-curb you cannot legally alter it, as it is either city, county or state property (unless you built it), and is not usually on your property, always on a gov't easement or right-of-way. Maybe someone will offer a light gray one one day ...
I checked with the Town before installing mine, their take was "as long as it does not impede water flow (it doesn't) and can be removed (it can)", then I was good to go. I went a bit further, and painted mine to match the concrete.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:14 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by petermj
I would not bet on it... If it is not bolted down, people will steal it, not the matter of IF but WHEN.
3rd year and they still haven't been stolen, nor do I expect them to be. As I said...NOBODY wants them or cares about them.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:36 AM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Location: 2007 Nat'l Corvette Challenge 11.50 index Champ. New Jersey
Received 210 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnathon59
you could try a little roofing cement, it will adhere the ramps to the pavement & is absolutely waterproof, not easily removed but could probably be pried up with some work **
When it rains heavily the rain water runs by my driveway like a river! I wonder if the roofing cement might cause issues.

Originally Posted by Racer
3rd year and they still haven't been stolen, nor do I expect them to be. As I said...NOBODY wants them or cares about them.
Racer, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Avitar picture!!! Cutest little ***!

Ron
Old 06-20-2013, 07:16 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

I have Belgium blocks on the leading edge of the driveway...I just turn up the stereo as I leave the driveway. Never lost the flexible spoiler yet although it does scrape...

That's the price of driving a sports car I guess.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:31 AM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Good info; I scrape in and out of my new garage because of driveway angle.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:08 PM
BostonJoel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought 12 feet of Bridgit and iot works well. It is the only product OKayed by our HOA so all the homes look uniform.
Also installed the little wheelie frame savers sold by Andy at A&A on the West Coast.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:09 PM
brettbolt
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BostonJoel
I bought 12 feet of Bridgit and it works well....
Same here. But the $350 price was almost a deal breaker. 'Vette tax', I guess.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Chip A
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the product that Home Depot sells. I am looking into them as I have a BIG problem area between my driveway and garage. This thread has some good ideas. This is one more possible solution. There are several sizes available. I am looking @ the basic gray product which seems not to be a stock item in stores but can be shipped to your closest HD location. The product is much darker than it appears here.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/2030418...c#.UgA2_N7D99A
Old 08-05-2013, 10:30 PM
2 GTOs
Pro

St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Originally Posted by 2011owner
i remove the 2x4s after I come in and out of the driveway. I don't leave them sitting out there as you some of you have stated it would look ghetto.
2x4s are temporary as they were laying around. Worried if I purchased something like the ramps and left them there some smart a$$ little punk would come by and take them.
I painted my 2x4s black. I leave them in place as long as the car is out of the garage.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:45 PM
tt350z
Racer

Going to my home depo to look for these in the morning this is some of the reason I dont take my car out as much is the ease of pulling it out from the back.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:06 AM
Kingman99
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Driveway Ramps

The best way to go is to have the end of your driveway shaved as long as it is concrete!

Good Luck

Quick Reply: Driveway curb ramps