C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Specs for rear license plate screws

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 08:49 PM
spicytuna
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Specs for rear license plate screws

Hi,

I just took delivery of a 2007 Z06 and noticed that it didn't come with any screws/bolts for the rear license plate.

Does anyone have the specs for these? I'd like to avoid playing trial and error since I'd probably end up crossthreading them.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:32 PM
B y r o n
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Go to your local Ace Hardware and check out there nuts and bolts section. One of the trays is labeled "License Plate" and you will find what you need.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:40 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by B y r o n
Go to your local Ace Hardware and check out there nuts and bolts section. One of the trays is labeled "License Plate" and you will find what you need.
Lowe's has them also.

I used 1/4" carriage bolts and painted the head with touch up paint. Remove the two inside rear lights to put the lock washer and nuts on.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:41 PM
spicytuna
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are they all standard sizes? Doh! I didn't even think of that.

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:46 PM
jsnapp13
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
KY Events Coordinator
Default Advance auto

Originally Posted by spicytuna
Hi,

I just took delivery of a 2007 Z06 and noticed that it didn't come with any screws/bolts for the rear license plate.

Does anyone have the specs for these? I'd like to avoid playing trial and error since I'd probably end up crossthreading them.
There should be 2 plastic plugs in the rear of your car for these screws. If you are just missing the screws and I understand you wanting it right.
Go to advance and for less than 2 bucks you get the plugs with screws if you have the plugs just use the screws if not you now also have the plugs you need as well and for 2 bucks its right.
Good luck, Jeff
Old 03-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,047 Likes on 1,359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

The replacable plastic plugs in the car appear to be "blank", your screws will cut the threads as you install them.

There is a certain amount of pliability there, I switched back and forth from fine threads to coarse threads a couple of times when I didn't have the right screws, worked fine. Finally, I got new plugs and carefully drilled out the old ones, stayed with one size/thread of screw after that.

Get notified of new replies

To Specs for rear license plate screws

Quick Reply: Specs for rear license plate screws