C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hendricks Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 10:59 PM
bigsteff
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Hendricks Extended Warranty

Anyone had experience with the Hendricks extended warranty? I just bought a GS from Rick Hendricks Chevrolet and was offered the Hendrick extended warranty as an alternative to the GMPP. Any thoughts?

Old 03-23-2011, 01:37 AM
Z06LUST
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

GMPP.

Easier to use at ANY Chevy dealer around the country if you are traveling. Hendricks will cover you but more calls, authorization issues etc.

Just contact Dennis Fitchner at Fitchner Chevrolet and be done with it.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:54 AM
vetteright
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

GMPP all the way.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:11 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

No matter which make car you buy it is always better to go with the manufacturer's extended warranty. They clearly state what is not covered and usually there are only a few items on the not covered list. They also stand a lot better chance of not going bankrupt just as you need them to pay the bill. They make more money on there own brand extended warranty that is why they are pushing it.

Bill
Old 03-23-2011, 07:15 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

GMPP only!! You can buy from any number of CF Supporting Dealers including Dennis Fichtner @ Fichtner Chevy for a nominal $25 to $50 over dealer invoice. The warranty is good at any GM dealer in the nation.

gmpp@fichtnerchevrolet.com

JMHO.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:00 AM
snowman0920
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is an aftermarket Extended Service Contract that they have private labled. (Not a warranty, btw. There really is no such thing as an "extended warranty".)

The reason some dealers sell these is that they make a LOT more money on them than they do on the manufacturer's contracts. Plus, the dealership owner gets an additional kickback paid directly to him by the policy provider that the dealership employees don't even know about.

That, in itself, though is not a reason to refuse to buy them, however. If it's a good value for you, who cares how much someone else is making, right?

The potential problem with aftermarket policies is that they may not be universally accepted by all other dealers. Hendricks can't guarantee you that another dealer will accept it and let you leave with your repaired car while they are waiting for payment. And, they can't obligate another dealer to accept it. The dealer may ask you to pay for the repairs upfront and file your own claim for reimbursement, or may make you wait until payment is recieved from the contract provider before giving you back the keys to your car. In all probability this won't happen, but it could.

Your best option for an Extended Service Contract is always the manufacturer. The GM ESC is the only policy guaranteed to be accepted by all GM dealers. They understand it, know how it works, know how to claim on it, and know how they will get paid. It's really a no-brainer.

I am a finance manager at a high-line import store, and have several sources for ESC's here. But, when I bought my Corvette here last year, I went straight to a friend at a GM dealership and bought their policy. I paid a little more than if if I had sold myself one here at cost, but I know that no matter where I am, if I need a repair I can pull into any Chevy dealer in the country and not have to worry about some service writer scratching his head and going, "Uh... I don't know if we can take that...".
Old 03-23-2011, 12:00 PM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

don't be sucker........... get GMPP
Old 03-23-2011, 01:14 PM
0CeYaBye
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

bigsteff

Email me at dfichtner@fichtnerchevrolet.com or gmpp@fichtnerchevrolet.com with your VIN and current miles and I will send a no hassle quote back to you ASAP

Thanks everyone for the references in this post.

Dennis Fichtner
Old 03-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Bls8195
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

How is Direct Auto Warranty?
Old 03-23-2011, 07:15 PM
snowman0920
Racer

Originally Posted by Bls8195
How is Direct Auto Warranty?

Stay away from these aftermarket service contracts. I don't know this one personally, but every year companies like this go out of business and leave thousands of customers with worthless contracts. And, while they are in business the only thing they work harder at than trying to get out of paying is hounding you to buy one after you ask for a quote or information.

Also, the name is a lie! "Warranty" is a specific legal term, and a warranty is not what you get. You get an "extended service contract" and there is a big difference.

Plus, despite what they promise, most shops won't touch them because they get screwed on payment. Bring one of those things to my dealership and I'll fix your car, you pay me in full, then you can submit the bill to the provider, cross your fingers, and hope you get something back.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:29 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

GMPP from Dennis is the only way to go. I bought mine form Dennis and it's paid for it's self several times.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Boozman
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by VET4LES
GMPP from Dennis is the only way to go. I bought mine form Dennis and it's paid for it's self several times.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:54 PM
samsiam
Instructor

What is the GMPP, for I am buying new vette that is to arrive first of May?

Csam
Old 03-24-2011, 07:30 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by samsiam
What is the GMPP, for I am buying new vette that is to arrive first of May?

Csam
GMPP = General Motors Protection Plan. It is an extended warranty that you can buy from any GM dealer to cover your car for when the 36/36 bumper to bumper factory warranty expires. You can buy it at any time prior to the expiration of the 36/36 factory warranty but it is least expensive to buy prior to the first 12 months/12k miles on the car as GM still considers it to be new. The GMPP adds calendar time and miles to your odometer at the time you buy and not from 0/0 as some people mistakenly believe. I would wait until just before you reach either 12k or 12 months on your new car and then buy. Buy from Dennis at Fichtner Chevrolet for pricing just $$s over dealer cost. Dennis can email you back all of the available time/mileage/deductible plan options and pricing for your selection that fits your needs.

dfichtner@fichtnerchevrolet.com or gmpp@fichtnerchevrolet.com

There are other CF supporting dealers who can quote you as well but Dennis is the Man for GMPP!!! Dennis posted in #8 above.

Last edited by GOLD72; 03-24-2011 at 07:33 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:32 AM
SouthBaySurfer
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts

GMPP from Dennis. End of story.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:51 AM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by bigsteff
Anyone had experience with the Hendricks extended warranty? I just bought a GS from Rick Hendricks Chevrolet and was offered the Hendrick extended warranty as an alternative to the GMPP. Any thoughts?

Yes don't do it as a former GM employee and as a employee vehicle asst. person you don't need the headache I use to try and get employees vehicles repaired that had this type of warranty. Go with the GMPP extended warranty but wait till about 30 months or mileage approachs 32000 mile to buy. This is just a warning to all if you are out of state when car breaks down that brings more headaches.
z51vett
Old 03-24-2011, 11:44 AM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by GOLD72
GMPP = General Motors Protection Plan. It is an extended warranty that you can buy from any GM dealer to cover your car for when the 36/36 bumper to bumper factory warranty expires. You can buy it at any time prior to the expiration of the 36/36 factory warranty but it is least expensive to buy prior to the first 12 months/12k miles on the car as GM still considers it to be new. The GMPP adds calendar time and miles to your odometer at the time you buy and not from 0/0 as some people mistakenly believe. I would wait until just before you reach either 12k or 12 months on your new car and then buy. Buy from Dennis at Fichtner Chevrolet for pricing just $$s over dealer cost. Dennis can email you back all of the available time/mileage/deductible plan options and pricing for your selection that fits your needs.

dfichtner@fichtnerchevrolet.com or gmpp@fichtnerchevrolet.com

There are other CF supporting dealers who can quote you as well but Dennis is the Man for GMPP!!! Dennis posted in #8 above.
Excellent summary!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:37 PM
gunterwalker
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Neither. Just Mod the crap out of it!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Hendricks Extended Warranty

Quick Reply: Hendricks Extended Warranty