C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grand Sport Heritage Package????

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 12:53 PM
KRPTONT
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Grand Sport Heritage Package????

Ok long an short of this whole ordeal. I have 2011 GS 3LT. Was at a friends and showing my sticker of car. He says where's your two tone seats that it shows you paid for and do not have. I was shocked and pissed all in one emotion. I said wow I paid 1195 for stickers and sticking in seats. I called the dealership since the car is 3 weeks old now. Asked the sales manager what the deal was. He said he would take care of it. Got a call last night. Claims he took it all the way up to the top of Chevrolet and final conclusion is because I have a 3LT package the two tone seats only come on the 1LT package only. I did read the other thread about the Heritage Package question but never saw the answer I was looking for. So the question is I have the Grand Sport Logo on the seats. Ebony color. I have the hash marks. But my window sticker says 2 tone seats.$1195 seems like a lot for stickers and stitching. Am I getting ripped off and the dealership blowing me off or what. Any help with this problem I would be really thankful for. Shannon
Old 04-16-2011, 01:02 PM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Received 91 Likes on 54 Posts

On the GM site it shows the cross flags on head rests... 300 bucks? The Heritage package shows 1195 dollars for the TWO TONE seats with hash stripe! If you paid that extra money you should have 2 tone seats according to GM website...... Price/build one and you'll see it's there for a 3LT! Something isn't right.....

Last edited by cthusker; 04-16-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Something is funny, can you scan and post your sheet?
Old 04-16-2011, 01:13 PM
KRPTONT
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Racer
Something is funny, can you scan and post your sheet?
Can you tell me how to do that. It is so hard for me to even post pics on here? I do have a picture of the sheet that I had to send to the dealership? Will that work?

Last edited by KRPTONT; 04-16-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:27 PM
dci67
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 99% sure you can delete the two tone seats with the heritage package but I dont think they give you a credit. In shopping for the GS I just bought I remember coming accross such a situation, but cant remember where to get you the back up. That 3LT vs. 1LT thing from the dealer is BS.

A heritage with out the two tone is going to be very rare to say the least.

Edit: this was bugging me so I went on the the Cheverolet website and clicked "build your own", went through on a 3LT GS Coupe and checked the Heritage package box. At that point I picked Crystal Red (dont know your exterior), it gave me the 4 interior options and Ebony was an option along with 3 two tones. When I then clicked on the interior tab it actually showed a picture of the all ebony seats with the Grand Sport logo on the head rests. So it does looks like you can choose the all ebony interior with the Heritage Package. Hope that helps explain it.

Last edited by dci67; 04-16-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Garret
Race Director

Received 973 Likes on 458 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

My advice, go back to the dealer and tell them to hand you $700 for the seats you dont have.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:37 PM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I think the dealership simply didnt specify the 2 tone seats when it was actually ordered. I would find out who orders the Corvettes at the dealership where you purchased it and have your next discussion with them. I would be upset also if you paid for the Heritage Pkg but didnt get it.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:49 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

What color is your interior? The Heritage Package is only going to include 2-tone seats if you ordered an interior that is not solid ebony. On a 2LT or 3LT car, that would include the ebony/red, ebony/titanium, and ebony/cashmere interiors. When you order any of those interiors, the seats come solid in the alternate color unless you order the Heritage Package or the free-standing 2-tone seat option. If you have the solid ebony interior (where the entire dash and door panels are ebony), the seats are going to be solid ebony, too. BTW, your dealer gave you incorrect information. Solid ebony is the only interior that's available with 1LT - you cannot get titanium, red, or cashmere seats or interior with 1LT.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:53 PM
CyberGSDude
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dci67
I am 99% sure you can delete the two tone seats with the heritage package but I dont think they give you a credit. In shopping for the GS I just bought I remember coming accross such a situation, but cant remember where to get you the back up. That 3LT vs. 1LT thing from the dealer is BS.

A heritage with out the two tone is going to be very rare to say the least.
Sorry but fact is you saw the car and bought it because you liked it. You didn't look at the sticker and buy it because it had two tone seats.

There should be a logical answer for this and I suspect the above post is correct that while it is a heritage edition because of the Grand sport embroidery and hash marks that it was special ordered that way and the sticker only reflects the verbage of the standard heritage edition. I would like to see the sticker too if you post it too see what it says. Your dealer is just a dumb a$$ who doesn't know diddley.

Should there have been a credit for some portion of the package cost.....maybe ......maybe not as it is custom. So I would say not. So be happy with the car you bought......Remember YOU bought it. It obviously wasn't a factor in your purchasing decision.

Now go out an enjoy the car you bought!

Old 04-16-2011, 01:54 PM
KRPTONT
Burning Brakes

Well I feel that the dealership is done with me. Has anyone ever contacted Chevrolet to discuss a problem an how do I get that phone number. Also I would be happy if they just gave me back a portion of the package price since I didn't get the seats. This is about to send me over the edge.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:58 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Originally Posted by HrtGuy
Well I feel that the dealership is done with me. Has anyone ever contacted Chevrolet to discuss a problem an how do I get that phone number. Also I would be happy if they just gave me back a portion of the package price since I didn't get the seats. This is about to send me over the edge.
Have you read post # 8 in this thread?
Old 04-16-2011, 01:59 PM
KRPTONT
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CyberGSDude
Sorry but fact is you saw the car and bought it because you liked it. You didn't look at the sticker and buy it because it had two tone seats.

There should be a logical answer for this and I suspect the above post is correct that while it is a heritage edition because of the Grand sport embroidery and hash marks that it was special ordered that way and the sticker only reflects the verbage of the standard heritage edition. I would like to see the sticker too if you post it too see what it says. Your dealer is just a dumb a$$ who doesn't know diddley.

Should there have been a credit for some portion of the package cost.....maybe ......maybe not as it is custom. So I would say not. So be happy with the car you bought......Remember YOU bought it. It obviously wasn't a factor in your purchasing decision.

Now go out an enjoy the car you bought!

First off I love my car. I never saw this car. The dealership did a dealer locate because of the stuff I wanted on the car. I did get a print out of the car but never saw the 2 tone interior on it neither. I never saw the car till I picked it up from the dealership on March 25. I again like I said never saw the window sticker until last Saturday when this all came up. I just up loaded some more pictures to my photo bucket and will put it in my garage if you can look at it there. Thanks
Old 04-16-2011, 02:00 PM
KRPTONT
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I just did thanks.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:01 PM
WMark
Melting Slicks

Received 171 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

What color is your interior? The Heritage Package is only going to include 2-tone seats if you ordered an interior that is not solid ebony. On a 2LT or 3LT car, that would include the ebony/red, ebony/titanium, and ebony/cashmere interiors. When you order any of those interiors, the seats come solid in the alternate color unless you order the Heritage Package or the free-standing 2-tone seat option. If you have the solid ebony interior (where the entire dash and door panels are ebony), the seats are going to be solid ebony, too. BTW, your dealer gave you incorrect information. Solid ebony is the only interior that's available with 1LT - you cannot get titanium, red, or cashmere seats or interior with 1LT.
This could be the answer. From my 2010. Two-tone seats in package. However, above that reads Interior: Titanium Gray. So if someone ordered an all Ebony interior, there would not be two-tone seats. If that is correct, the cost of the package is outlandish.

To the OP, what does your Interior color indicate on the sticker?

Old 04-16-2011, 02:07 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

I just did thanks.
So, what color is your interior, specifically the seats, lower door panels, and lower dash?
Old 04-16-2011, 02:11 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

These GS interiors seem to be a repeated source of misunderstanding and misinformation by dealers. Mpuzach got it right as usual. Here are a couple previous discussions if you're interested:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...-question.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...e-package.html

And as posted on WMark's sticker above but from the order guide:

Z15 - Grand Sport Heritage Package, includes two-tone leather seats, Grand Sport logo seat headrest embroidery and dealer-installed fender stripe hash mark design in (17A) Light Silver Metallic, (40A) Pearl White, (75A) Victory Red or (90A) Cyber Gray.

1 - Must specify (026) Red, (316)
Cashmere or (846) Titanium Gray
two-tone leather seating surfaces.
Must specify fender stripe color.

2 - Must specify fender stripe color
Old 04-16-2011, 02:12 PM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I think I would demand a Face to Face meeting with the Factory Rep on this. You paid for the Heritage Pkg and you didnt get the full package. Chevrolet should have something in there ordering system that tells the person doing the ordering that a 2 tone selection is needed. If 2 tone not wanted then the Hertige Pkg should not be available and the other items would need to be added individually. I think a Face to Face meeting with the Factory Rep will be much better than any more worthless phone calls.

Get notified of new replies

To Grand Sport Heritage Package????

Old 04-16-2011, 02:20 PM
dci67
Intermediate

I just made an edit to my post above. It appears you can order the ebony only interior with the Heritage Package, see post #5 for more info.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:20 PM
YellowGSRocket
Racer

Hmmm, Let me guess, you bought this from (NOT SO)
Friendly Chevrolet...

About par for the course with these dudes man....

NO WAY IN I would of ordered or bought anything from them, BUT live and learn SRRY
Old 04-16-2011, 02:21 PM
KRPTONT
Burning Brakes

So, what color is your interior, specifically the seats, lower door panels, and lower dash?
I just posted the pictures of the interior and the window sticker in photo bucket if anyone knows how to load them for me. My interior in ALL ebony and it says on my sticker EBONY does not say anything else. But then on the sticker it says Heritage Package with 2 tone seats. Logo Seat Headrest and Fender Stripe Dealer Installed. The whole interior is Ebony. Dash Door panels. Everything!

Quick Reply: Grand Sport Heritage Package????