C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cure for the Common Curb....

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 10:09 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

here is an install on a C5....Same exact thing on a C6...

Sorry this took me so long....

Some pics of where I put the sensor and complete install here, Curb Alert Installation....here are a few of the pictures, more at the link above.

I will get more pictures up this weekend, just wanted to get you something to give you an idea.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:31 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Just added some more pictures here...

Curb Alert Installation

thanks,

Jim
Old 07-26-2011, 05:56 PM
rdrunnur
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The next trick will be figuring out how to install this on a Grand Sport Manual Tranny with the battery in the rear.......

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rd
Old 07-26-2011, 08:50 PM
dsharkman
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
True, but some people have stuff back there too!

Elmer
Elmer, did you install one on the REAR as well as on the front of the car? I have a C6 Z06 and am considering purchasing 2 units.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Oldfly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Curb Alert

I got my working, and its on a Z06. It took a bit to get it calibrated correctly but with a lot of determination I can now say it works perfect.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

I have to wonder how long the sensor might last in the above location. Maybe I am worrying about nothing here.

Beats getting out of the car and finding your a country mile away from the concrete parking stop or curb.

The sensor should be made of a high quality plastic.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:39 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Boomer111
I have to wonder how long the sensor might last in the above location. Maybe I am worrying about nothing here.

Beats getting out of the car and finding your a country mile away from the concrete parking stop or curb.

The sensor should be made of a high quality plastic.
it is.....

thanks,

jim
Old 09-05-2011, 04:25 PM
widgetsupply
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C3-PO
What ever happened to "curb feelers"? ya ... they were ugly and made your car look like a porcupine, but they were cheap. the high price techno gadgets still can't grind away the steep driveways, speed bumps and parking lot bolsters fast enough before you go OOOhhh Noooooo!!. they also don't help if you drive into a pothole on the corner of the road deeper than your ground clearance anyway. as i remember, hitting a muffler or a small wood box on the highway at 55 mph produces the same amount of damage and heartache.
Pretty sure you can still get curb feelers, but as far as I know they are for the side of the car. If you get some mounted, please post some pictures.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:28 PM
widgetsupply
Burning Brakes

I think I see one of these in my future. Just yesterday, my wife told me that it was too bad that they didn't install parking sensors like on our MDX and ES350.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:59 PM
TCW
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 245 Likes on 177 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-13,'16-'17, '19

Originally Posted by widgetsupply
Pretty sure you can still get curb feelers, but as far as I know they are for the side of the car. If you get some mounted, please post some pictures.
Those old curb feelers won't do a thing to keep you from messing up your front bumper fresca, radiator support or spoiler, but the Curb Alert will!

I was a bit leery about this thing too until I installed one yesterday. IT WORKS! Totally invisible unless you lay on your stomach to see it.

This device should be installed at the factory on any car that sits this low.

Tom
Old 10-20-2011, 10:18 AM
olzeek
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C3-PO;
i remember, hitting a muffler or a small wood box on the highway at 55 mph produces the same amount of damage and heartache.
well i guess for that we would need plate mail armor or at least splint mail. then again that would increase drag and weight and slow you down ... not good either.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:39 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Thanks Tom....glad you like it ....

Jim

Originally Posted by TCW
Those old curb feelers won't do a thing to keep you from messing up your front bumper fresca, radiator support or spoiler, but the Curb Alert will!

I was a bit leery about this thing too until I installed one yesterday. IT WORKS! Totally invisible unless you lay on your stomach to see it.

This device should be installed at the factory on any car that sits this low.

Tom
Old 11-15-2011, 10:23 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,817 Likes on 2,062 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Ok, I got crap on both ends of my car that can be damaged by curbs and wheel bumpers.

So, is there a way to wire this thing up with 2 sensors, rear and front, and both sensors hooked into the same control unit? Buying 2 units and wiring up two separate systems seems awkward to me.

Elmer
Old 11-15-2011, 02:51 PM
syswayne
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

My son put one on my 2009 Vette and also on his 2010 Camero and they work great. I have one of my driveways that is steep and it beeps at me when I get too close. You can adjust the distance and the height. I put my in the grill of the vette and you can't even see it. Only hard part is to adjust it where you really like it. Save me more than once.syswayne
Old 11-20-2011, 07:34 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Thanks....glad you like it....

Thanks,

Jim

Originally Posted by syswayne
My son put one on my 2009 Vette and also on his 2010 Camero and they work great. I have one of my driveways that is steep and it beeps at me when I get too close. You can adjust the distance and the height. I put my in the grill of the vette and you can't even see it. Only hard part is to adjust it where you really like it. Save me more than once.syswayne
Old 11-22-2011, 10:55 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,817 Likes on 2,062 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Ok, I got crap on both ends of my car that can be damaged by curbs and wheel bumpers.

So, is there a way to wire this thing up with 2 sensors, rear and front, and both sensors hooked into the same control unit? Buying 2 units and wiring up two separate systems seems awkward to me.

Elmer

Again I ask this question.

Elmer
Old 11-24-2011, 11:48 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Hi Elmer,

Sorry I missed this before....

No, there is no way to hook two sensors into one control unit. You would have to install two complete systems.

If you wanted to do this, shoot me a PM and I will give you a good deal on two systems.

Thanks,

Jim

Elmer

Get notified of new replies

To Cure for the Common Curb....

Old 12-16-2011, 11:28 AM
TBonez
2005 Beast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a front splitter on my car and this would really save it from me smashing into curbs, it's actually my 2nd front splitter lol... with a little curb bumpage I replaced it (actually I snapped it off completely like an idiot when going for some cool camera shots)

And with the new one put back on, lol

So I would like to get this thing if it will help judge the curb as I do not want to damage this one and looks like it would work well - BUT.... I have a supercharger grill behind the splitter, is there a way to afix it there still? Have you had SC installs with this and have it fit and work?

Thx
Old 12-17-2011, 11:17 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Yep, it will work perfectly fine with the SC....Installation would be exactly the same as I did in the video...

Check out the video and order the Corvette Specific Curb Alert Package.

Originally Posted by TBonez
I have a front splitter on my car and this would really save it from me smashing into curbs, it's actually my 2nd front splitter lol... with a little curb bumpage I replaced it (actually I snapped it off completely like an idiot when going for some cool camera shots)

And with the new one put back on, lol

So I would like to get this thing if it will help judge the curb as I do not want to damage this one and looks like it would work well - BUT.... I have a supercharger grill behind the splitter, is there a way to afix it there still? Have you had SC installs with this and have it fit and work?

Thx
Old 12-19-2011, 11:40 AM
TBonez
2005 Beast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just watched your Vid.... I'm ORDERING ONE! lol... nice car by the way

Quick Reply: Cure for the Common Curb....