C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mods for Curt Hitch on C6 W/Dual Mode Ex'

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 06:34 PM
cruise-2-XS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mods for Curt Hitch on C6 W/Dual Mode Ex'

I built a small trailer to haul my racing tires and a toolbox. I have a new Curt brand C6 hitch, but it needs to be modified to fit around the dual mode exhaust. Has anyone made this mod? Photos / sketches?

Thanks,

Skip Kerwin
Old 06-30-2011, 12:43 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

I made my own hitch. I wanted to be able to easily install/remove it at the track. I can take some pics of the hitch itself if you want.

I tied into wiring behind the right side taillights and brought the plug down next to the license plate.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:05 PM
Jeff Eikenberry
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Hitch that works with Dual Mode Exhaust

My wife surprised me with a trailer for Christmas, knowing that I needed it, since going to Hoosiers. My car is a GS with Dual Mode, so I would really appreciate any info, including photos and drawings for the hitch. Looks like you have California plates; where do you race? Thanks very much, Jeff

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
I made my own hitch. I wanted to be able to easily install/remove it at the track. I can take some pics of the hitch itself if you want.

I tied into wiring behind the right side taillights and brought the plug down next to the license plate.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:22 PM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

HOXXOH has a good design, but since you have the hitch, search the forum, there are pics on how to modify your hitch to work with NPP.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Jeff Eikenberry
Racer

Default Hitch

I just got the trailer for Christmas. The hitch is my challenge. thanks much.

Originally Posted by Seadawg
HOXXOH has a good design, but since you have the hitch, search the forum, there are pics on how to modify your hitch to work with NPP.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:04 PM
CONE RACER
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Look here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...-with-npp.html
Old 01-01-2014, 11:35 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Jeff Eikenberry
My wife surprised me with a trailer for Christmas, knowing that I needed it, since going to Hoosiers. My car is a GS with Dual Mode, so I would really appreciate any info, including photos and drawings for the hitch. Looks like you have California plates; where do you race? Thanks very much, Jeff
Here's all the details about the hitch. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...n-details.html
If you'd rather use it as a receiver style, just shorten it about 3" where the ball mounts and weld a receiver tube underneath.

That's an AZ plate. We had two tracks in the Phoenix area until last year when they both closed. Firebird is re-opening this month (now called Wild Horse Pass Raceway Park), so we can play again. I may go to Sacramento in late Jan or early Feb for a Saturday T'nT.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:52 AM
wteceraser
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I did the mods as per ConeRacer. Very simple to do and very strong and works great .(thanks again cone racer for all your help ).I didn't even cut my pin .just pull the mufflers over to get the pin in place .I also didn't cut the plates down by using a step drill bit to enlarge holes .I tow a trailer that weighs about 650 with quad on top .very strong and much easier to do than any other way to modify the hitch .
Old 01-02-2014, 12:04 PM
wteceraser
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I forgot to mention to search hitch websites for plug-and-play wiring harness.cost is about 20 bucks and very simple to install, takes about 10 minutes.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:15 AM
Jeff Eikenberry
Racer

Originally Posted by CONE RACER
Looks pretty straightforward. Glad there is a reasonable solution. Thanks much, Jeff
Old 01-03-2014, 09:23 AM
Jeff Eikenberry
Racer

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
Here's all the details about the hitch. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...n-details.html
If you'd rather use it as a receiver style, just shorten it about 3" where the ball mounts and weld a receiver tube underneath.

That's an AZ plate. We had two tracks in the Phoenix area until last year when they both closed. Firebird is re-opening this month (now called Wild Horse Pass Raceway Park), so we can play again. I may go to Sacramento in late Jan or early Feb for a Saturday T'nT.
I like your design. Great detail. Have a friend that has a complete shop, so this looks like a great solution. Let me know when you'll be at Sacramento Raceway. While I'm 3 1/2 hours from there, my daughter lives there and just had a baby, so I'll be going back and forth during Jan/Feb. Thanks very much, Jeff
Old 09-02-2014, 09:36 AM
bdanyluk
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

I got the Curt hitch to fit with my NPP mufflers.

Here:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1587722229

Get notified of new replies

To Mods for Curt Hitch on C6 W/Dual Mode Ex'

Quick Reply: Mods for Curt Hitch on C6 W/Dual Mode Ex'