C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM rep on here

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 10:24 AM
topper7788
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by sjohnson2615
We have created this mess ourselves and will have to live with it.
You can read post after post about how cheap we can buy our cars and we will not pay over x dollars.The internet has ruined any chance of the dealers profiting from a NEW car sale.
Why would any professional sales person go to work for a dealership knowing that there is NO money to be made selling new cars.I have friends that own or have owned dealerships and you would be amazed what some of these people are making selling new cars.I don't know how they support a family with what they make.
So you get what you pay for and you are not paying for good competent sales people.
Your correct to a certain degree... Gross profit on new vehicles sold (regular cars Ford, Chevy, dodge) aren't much different today from 30 years ago... The real difference is cost of doing business and cost of living... A decent car salesmen back in the 70's could make $30 to 40 grand a year which was pretty good living back then... The average car salesmen today probably makes he same...

When I broke in the business back in 1976 I made enough money to buy a couple of year old Corvette, a house and had cash for weekends in Bahamas Of the 6 guys I trained with 2 ended up as dealers, 1 is a GM of a store, another owns a very large towing company in Miami the other 2 I lost track of... It would probable a 100% certainty that if you followed any 6 new sales guys today if one was still in the business in 20 years in a senior management position it would be amazing.

When I got in the business most of the guys where looking for a profession, today it's a job...in truth as compared to the cost of living you could make a pretty good buck back then, today unless you a superstar it's very tough to make a good living unless your selling a VERY hot brand or certain luxury makes...
Old 07-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Vega$Vette
Race Director

Received 2,112 Likes on 986 Posts

You can read post after post about how cheap we can buy our cars and we will not pay over x dollars.The internet has ruined any chance of the dealers profiting from a NEW car sale.
Why would any professional sales person go to work for a dealership knowing that there is NO money to be made selling new cars.I have friends that own or have owned dealerships and you would be amazed what some of these people are making selling new cars.I don't know how they support a family with what they make.
So you get what you pay for and you are not paying for good competent sales people.
BS The Stealers have brought this upon themselves. The endless BS games they play when all you want to do is buy a car and the total lack of respect shown to new and old customers has created and environment where people would rather have a root canal without anesthesia then to deal with these low lifes.

An Honest Professional Salesperson will make a fair wage.

You blame it on us not wanting to pay for "competent" sale people?

That is insulting to say the least.

It's 100% the responsibility of the owners of the dealerships to provide a competent, trained and courteous staff. That includes everyone from the GM, Service Manager and right down to the lot guys.

If they fail to do so we, the consumer, will take our business elsewhere.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:32 PM
BUCKSFAN
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

well I got a call from a zone rep yesterday for GM. she said she would contact the dealer owner and see what is going on Q chevy in Irving Texas.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:08 PM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

It has been that way for 50 years and has nothing to do with the Internet.

We have a very close family friend that owns multiple car dealerships across many different brands since the late 60's. He has always said that they seldom make money on new car sales and the reason they sell new cars is so that they can make money where the true profit lies in used sales, financing and service.

He always told the story that he would sell a car new and make a hundred bucks on it but the next year when they traded it in and he resold it used he actually got more used for the car than he got new and made thousands on the car used.

Last edited by RJRSW; 07-12-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 129 Posts

My experience with Q (not a bad one): When I was looking for vettes, my wife found an '11 Atomic Orange 1LT 6-speed w/ the brake package (cross-drilled rotors, excuse my noob ignorance for not knowing the package/code LOL). Went to the dealer, got a salesman, looked at the car. The salesman was nice enough but I knew more about the car than him...and this was the FIRST vette I've looked at in a looooooong time! Anway, went inside, the salesmen brought the manager out, he was a young guy, he put the deal on paper (MSRP was $48/49K or so and they wrote the offer as $42,997+TTL or thereabouts), a fair deal in my opinion. Wasn't ready to buy that day but I really liked the guy and figured I might be able to get a little more off too. Well, I've always liked the way the convertibles looked, so I decided I should check it out before I pull the trigger on a coupe. Got in touch with the local dealer, Classic, and test drove and fell in love with my '11 2LT vert in black. The guy from Q followed up with me the next day, he was polite, no rudeness. I want to say his name was Alex, could be wrong though.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:42 PM
BUCKSFAN
Pro

well the GM rep called me today and suprise suprise the ower and general sales manager at Q will not even call her back. you know the issue with low car sales is not the product it is the lack of respect and knowledge the dealers have.

lets not forget I was buying that day and they are mad because i bought elsewhere but the salesman never called me BACK LIKE HE SAID HE WOULD...hmmm maybe thats a trend over there.
new slogan

NO PHONE CALL Q CHEVROLET.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:26 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

who knows? maybe chev cust svc will "escalate" this issue with the dealer....
Old 07-13-2011, 05:40 PM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by BUCKSFAN
hey all isn't there a GM rep that frequents this site. I would like to get in touch with him and let him know how poor Q chevrolet in Irving texas is.
I ended up buying my grand sport from a out of state dealer and they called Q becasue they are close to my house to do a courtesy delivery and they were rude to them and the salesman is sending me nasty text messages on why i did not buy from them.
I did not buy from them because they did not call me back twice in one day when I was ready to buy.
I have left 5 voicemails for thomas quintana the owner and 5 messages for thomas byas the general sales mgr, neither have called me back, guess i would not either if i knew i lost a sales because my sales staff does not know how to use the phone.
GM spends millions in advertising only to have a bunck of dillweeds like this ruin the reputation.
My friend works for Q Chevorlet. They used to be Frank Parra Chevorlet until few months ago. They "were" the largest "volume" Vette dealer in the DFW market.

I also have another friend who works in the parts dept. I do not know anything about them since they sold.
Tim
Old 07-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,499 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by viper62
the sale guy that I had been working with would not even talk to me.
this is typical and not just when it comes to car salespeople
Old 07-13-2011, 10:45 PM
BUCKSFAN
Pro

Originally Posted by tim414
My friend works for Q Chevorlet. They used to be Frank Parra Chevorlet until few months ago. They "were" the largest "volume" Vette dealer in the DFW market.

I also have another friend who works in the parts dept. I do not know anything about them since they sold.
Tim
I know they were Frank Parra, the Parras have not owned that dealer in atleast 10 years the sonic group owned it and ran it straight into the ground. I thought when Thomas Q took over they would turn it around but this is not the case, GM rep she called a zone rep to go over see the dealer as this is not the first complaint. I am frquent and loyal buyer of GM cars and will never set foot on the property again!

Quick Reply: GM rep on here