C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC making loud noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 11:10 AM
JQUICK
Burning Brakes

Received 110 Likes on 50 Posts

Once my coolant gets to around 146, my A/C starts making a loud noise from outside and continues while driving. You can hear it louder when stopped. It also keeps going for a bit once the car is shut off. It reminds me of a tornado siren except a lower pitch.

Any ideas?

2010 Base LS3 TR6060
Old 08-11-2014, 11:28 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
My sincere apologies to read of your displeasing A/C noises. Although you're seeking thoughts and opinions, if you feel an official GM diagnosis is necessary, I'd be happy to communicate your sentiments with the Customer Experience Managers (CEM) at the GM dealer of your choice. Please know that you're welcome to message us privately if you'd like to proceed (with the above), or discuss this situation further.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
William,

I HAD the GMPP full extended warranty until about a year ago. I had this symptom intermittently and they couldn't find the root cause at the time while in their possession. Now that it's out of warranty it's happening much more frequently... I'll send you a private message.

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
William,

I HAD the GMPP full extended warranty until about a year ago. I had this symptom intermittently and they couldn't find the root cause at the time while in their possession. Now that it's out of warranty it's happening much more frequently... I'll send you a private message.

Thanks!
You're welcome,

I've received your message and will be sending you a response shortly.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 08-11-2014, 09:41 PM
Arkay
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bklyn vette
the same thing happened to me a long time ago the buzzing or humming noise is the cowl for some reason it warps and the noise will drive you crazy...put a piece of 2" masking tape on the top of the cowl and windshield go for a ride if the noise stops ...presto you problem solved good luck mine would do it at highway speeds
Ditto here. Tried the tape to confirm the problem and then had a local windshield place lift and seal the cowling. Buzzing problem that I though was AC is solved.

Quick Reply: AC making loud noise