C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Dust ? 2011 gs

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by NeoZ06
Solution:

Use this after every car wash, you will LOVE IT! Wheels stay clean for weeks!

Amen to that, love the stuff. A cheap & easy quality of life booster if ever there were.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:50 PM
bearman95
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It has been nearly three weeks since i washed my car and not a sign of brake dust on it. Its a 2011 GS vert and driven everyday to work and back and on weekends too. This armorall wheel protector is the best thing ever.
Originally Posted by Landru
Amen to that, love the stuff. A cheap & easy quality of life booster if ever there were.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:51 PM
sftdyna
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Landru
good for maybe a couple of days and maybe 50 miles but no way a couple of weeks!!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 05:43 PM
bearman95
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It works for me, use it if you want to, i don't care one way or the other.
Originally Posted by sftdyna
good for maybe a couple of days and maybe 50 miles but no way a couple of weeks!!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

well after reading all of this it prompted me to finally order my 1521 carbotech pads. i installed them then bedded them in, and guess what? no more brake dust! and i mean none after 150 miles of hard driving, unbelievable product and service. i should have done them along time ago but i was waiting for more feedback between the hawks and carbotech pads. now several corvette owners i have spoken to had little luck with the hawks which was disappointing to me because hawks are cheap compared to the carbotech pads. well i guess you get what you payed for because im very happy with them, they feel no different then stock under normal braking and when you need to stop hard, they grab hard!!!! but silent, actually they are more quiet then stock, and i didnt think the stock ones were noisy until i made the switch. so no more hairspray stuff that only last a day or two for me.
Thank you for your business.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 08-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Landru
Race Director

Not so, my friend.
Last complete wash/wax for me was over two weeks ago. After posting my two cents yesterday I walked past the car & the wheels look perfect. Spotlessly clean.

The dust aggravating issue usually meant minimally hand cleaning/wiping the wheels -- IF I didn't want or need to wash the entire car, a royal PITA.
**Mind you I never drive the Z in rain, if it's not a nice day the ZCar stays parked.

So I repeat the stuff's a Blessing, to/for me.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Landru
Race Director

Originally Posted by bearman95
It has been nearly three weeks since i washed my car and not a sign of brake dust on it. Its a 2011 GS vert and driven everyday to work and back and on weekends too. This armorall wheel protector is the best thing ever.
You speak the unblanched truth my friend, and you're driving a GS to boot. For whatever reason(s) I've been reading here the dusting issue's exceptionally bad for the GS models, even worse than the Z06. Don't care why, be it soft/cheap pads etc, just wanted a solution that'd consistently get me the hell off the hook from having to wipe or wash if I wanted clean wheels.

Originally Posted by bearman95
It works for me, use it if you want [sftdyna] to, i don't care one way or the other.

Shhhhhhh, bear!
Let'em keep wiping and/or washing those suckers instead of spending the time hitting the road for a cruise in their beautiful Corvette.

Quick Reply: Brake Dust ? 2011 gs